Who's closing up shop?

edited August 2011 in Thirty Plus
I guess anyone can answer this one, but its especially for us "advanced maternal age" moms. Who is closing the baby factory after this pregnancy? I'm 35, I have an almost 17 year old, and I'm done. This pregnancy has been less than ideal in some moments. I think I'm too tired to do this again. I told Terrence when we got the good news, that no matter what, this is it. Boy or girl, this is it! I admit, I waffled a time or two because I'm afraid of the finality of it. But the day I was hemorrhaging, vomiting, passing out, and getting transfused in the ER really strengthened my resolve. Maybe if I hadn't been so sick and high risk...we'll never know. Anyway, are there any other mommies out there who are hanging the "closed for business" sign? Trust me, it'll still get used for pleasure, but the business department is shut down LOL! :p

Comments

• I probably am. I have no business getting pregnant again at forty-something. Ugh!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @tishj330 Sadly I am done...i have a 12 year old son and this one is a girl. Bedrest for 27 weeks is tough, not to mention I will be 36 in 2 days and daddy is 40. This is it....
  • @blueberrysmom, what does Kelly say? Terrence has informed me that all the trauma I've put him through with this pregnancy has shown him that he's getting a vasectomy just in case LOL! He wants us BOTH closed for business, so there are no little surprises.
  • @caffeinated_katie, how old are you?
    @babynewyear2012, I totally understand! I think if it had been as easy as the first time, then maybe, but this has been awful!
  • I'm almost 26 but I have one of each so I will be getting fixed
  • I'll be 37 when this one arrives. Which means I'll have a step son of 18 a daughter of 15 and and another daughter of 11 and then this little one lol, oh and hubby thinks we are gonna have atleast 1 more.....hell no, shops shut lmao x
  • edited August 2011
    I'm 31. DH and I have always talked about wanting 4 or 5 children and now that I'm on #2, I'm not sure I can go through all this again. It's still up in the air, but maybe 1 or 2 more....maybe...
  • Well... I've got a basketball team plus one cheerleader, so I feel my baby birthing days are OVER! plus, im running out of room for all these gremlins!
  • I think he originally wanted two but has now accepted the "one and done" concept. Smart man.
  • @babynum2andproud, good strategy LOL!
    @cheryl74, what on earth is wrong with hubby LOL?!?
    @soon2bmomof2under2, WHAT?!? You are a far stronger woman than me, and I salute you!
    @sissylala, as evidenced by your former screen name, you definitely got the kid thing figured out LOL! Yeah, y'all are so outnumbered. Hopefully the children will always remember that they love you and won't try to overrun the place...but if they try, I thin they've got a shot!
  • @blueberrysmom, BRILLIANT man LOL! He gets a pirate for being so wise :ar!
  • I am 31 my husband is 34 this is my third and his 5th I had to talk my husband into having another one so I know he will have no problem going to get fixed. And I want to be done....I don't consider 31 old but this labor has been kicking my butt. I am going tinto my third trimester and have yet to get any energy....I am sleeping my life away. And ny kids are so far apart....10 and 6 so having this baby is like starting from scratch.
  • Ehhh not hundred percent. I think about having another one (the elusive boy! Lol) but then I think I'm getting too old for this LOL if anything Steve would have to get snipped not me ;) and I plan on telling his sweet (ha!) Granny that the next time she tells me to get tied. Frankly I'm terrified of getting tied because a friend of mine did and got pregnant (ectopic) not knowing until she was in the er from severe pain. Doctor said had she waited another hour to come in she would have died :(
  • I'll be 30 the week after my due date and I'm finished. I think I'm over the whole baby thing, lol. My hubby is getting snipped.
  • @ash1la, as much as I'd like to feel sympathy for you and your age gap, mine is 17 years LOL! Seriously, it IS like starting all over. And I don't remember ANYTHING :-S
  • I know lmfao, I told him when they invent a pill that lets men get pregnant then we can have 10 more, until then....TUFF :-)
  • I would like to have one more. But.... after everything we have been through if this baby comes out healthy I think I will get fixed.
  • @mrs_shu, I hate to tell you this, but I'm thinking Steve is a girl factory LOL! If you wanna try again for a boy, how long would you wait? And please make sure you give Granny an invitation to my MIL's "grandmother shower". They sound like they'd hang out great together LOL! The whole tube tying thing does freak me out though.
    @laura536, how many children do you have? And I'm kinda over it too LOL
  • I'm 30 with a 7 year old daughter and a boy on the way so I figure why have anymore there is no other sex out there. I would like to travel a lot more in my 50s and I figure if I have anymore babies I will be pushing my 60s. So after Sept 11 I will be cutting off the baby making factory.
  • Believe me I understand I have a 16 year old step son that lives with us....but I look at the huge age gaps like this.....an extra hand to help out. I already know that my kids will be fighting over helping me with the baby, they do it now with my one year old niece. But at the same time I feel like once my daugher (10 year old) gets older and this baby becomes a toddler she will want nothing to do with her, lol. It will all come back to you once baby is born.
  • This is my second little girl. My daughter is 5 and I didn't realize how accustomed I had come to her independence before I started preparing for number two. I always only wanted two kids anyway, but when we found out it was another girl, hubby's family got kind of pouty about quitting before we got a boy, so we thought about maybe trying again, but we're both ready to be over the baby stage, lol.
  • @cheryl74, a guy pregnant? Yeah, that'll NEVER happen. They couldn't handle it. Wusses LOL!
    @ll10, yeah, I know where you're coming from. You've been through the ringer too. I'll be so thrilled when you're holding your beautiful healthy baby in your arms! :X
  • They are my minions. They know who's boss.. lol. Plus, all the boys are mamas boys so I've got them right where I want them..muahahahaha
  • Im going to be 27 when this one is born and I have a 6yr old daughter and 4yr old son and Im closing up shop one because of medical reasons but also three is enough lol
  • I am 25 and on my 4th and I'm getting fixed. I have been pregnant 7 times and my mind and body has had enough
  • @natalynandtjsmom, yup, sounds like you got your set, and you've got plans. I'm with you girl!
    @ash1la, oh yeah, that pre-teen will want NOTHING to do with those terrible 2's. Good luck LOL!
    @laura536, please feel free to hubby's family they are welcome to keep trying...THEMSELVES! Your uterus, your decision :p
  • @sissylala, ahhhhh, so now I see your plan for world domination! Excellent! Just let me be part of the leadership team LOL!
    @black_butterfly, 3 is fine with me LOL! And you can't risk your health, the ones you already have need you.
    @kailiasmomma05, when you've had enough, you've had enough LOL! Good luck! %%-
  • I'm 31 and hubby is 36...Maddox will be baby #4 and our last. We have 12 and 10 year old girls and a 7 year old son, so Maddox is evening things up for us. It took me 7 years to talk my hubby into another:) I will have a c-section in October and will get a tubal done then. Its kind of sad but we are so blessed with the four God has given us!