What is pregly for? kinda long.... Awe farewell to the thread we have been closed!

edited August 2011 in About App & Forum
Ok so the last time I checked this was a forum where people can share there experiences which is why you can create a thread. However you have the ability to post on peoples thread as well hence why you can leave a comment. Now with that said it doesn't say that everything you see on here is going to be true or fake, or something you want to hear or not. I have been told stuff on here I didn't want to hear just like I have from my close friends. Is this not a forum for realist? I mean seriously. I have never seen so many people get offensive over a simple comment. People who react with such harsh and anger to me seems to either be lying and don't like to be called out or like drama.

I love to post on this app and also read what people say. Some people can handle what others think you should do especially when the majority come on here wondering what they should do. You guys have motivated me to call my doc when I felt oh all is well. Yeah it turned out to be fine but maybe it wouldn't have been if I didn't go in. Y'all have calmed my nerves when I have been worried y'all have even told me to wake the hell up and do whatever I need to do to be ok. I have taken all y'all opinions as caring whether I like it or not. But some people are unable to do that and want to have a lynch mob and fan club. Who comes here for a clique or for attention do you get that at home?

I don't let post piss me off however some stuff has been lately and that's prolly because its the end of the dreadful pregnancy but damn people let's be real! Please that's all I ask. Be real with your threads and comments. My feelings don't get hurt too easily if at all by strangers of anything it will make me think about things from a different perspective.

What do you guys think this forum is about?

Comments

• I agree, I may not like what everyone says but I try to be understanding of their point of view. But I know I'm guilty of letting someone's remarks get to me, but I try not to let it show on here. After all I don't know them and they don't know me. And for me, the forum is to gain knowledge/ideas about pregnancy and being a mom. And I use it to vent a lot.
  • Its so hard to say things because people feel attacked and its not even like that. But I feel you. I love the forum but sometimes its like can I say what I'm thinking or no. I'm very blunt so maybe I need to step back some.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I love pregly but I'm right there with you right now.
    A forum is a place you go and post things for opinions/advice and when you do that you need to be adult enough to realize not everyone is going to agree with you.
    I'm tired of posting on a thread and then getting my head bit off if I disagreed with the general opinion.
    I always voice my opinion in a calm nice manner and just because everyone didn't agree doesn't mean I should be told to butt out.
  • I agree people shouldnt post threads & expecr everyone to agree & cuddle their needs they have to realize that with that comes a positive prosoective & a negative one & should be able to deal with it as alduts do smh it is ashame how ppl gang on others because they simply dont agree or get mad when they hear something they dont like but lets be real thats what happens in the real word this is not a fairy land & ppl shouldnt have to feel as if they're walking in egg shells when posting on threads
  • Lol, I've been on this.site.since Feb and I hardly post now cause I ain't gonna creep up someone's backside. I read threads and think...damn woman, wake up and get some.commen sense but everyone is else is like, oh, ah, poor you...it just makes me laugh now, so I don't bother commenting. Hey, I'm a woman who is having a baby, so I'm strong enough to take anything....if I'm seriously worried about something I'll call the hospital or take my fat ass down there and stage a stand in until I get answers lol. Phew, that's my vent over with :-)
  • Lol, I've been on this.site.since Feb and I hardly post now cause I ain't gonna creep up someone's backside. I read threads and think...damn woman, wake up and get some.commen sense but everyone is else is like, oh, ah, poor you...it just makes me laugh now, so I don't bother commenting. Hey, I'm a woman who is having a baby, so I'm strong enough to take anything....if I'm seriously worried about something I'll call the hospital or take my fat ass down there and stage a stand in until I get answers lol. Phew, that's my vent over with :-)
  • Sorry, bloody phone lol
  • A big problem is that we are all strangers so we don't know eachothers personalities and sooo much can be mis-interpreted through txt!! I myself am a smartass, so If u don't know me I may come off as a b*itch! Ohh well...it is what it is!
  • I like pregly. I've been here a long time. But you have to remember. It's a bunch of hormonal faceless women. Everything said has to be taken with a grain of salt,and everyone will never agree. Take the good and ignore the crap. Why get your panties in a bunch over a forum. That's my opinion
  • I think all us OG's feel the same as you, but we all keep our mouths shut now.
  • What irritates me is when people ask for advice, you give it to them, and its not good enough or they don't like your answer. I've seen this many times and its annoying as hell.

I also agree that people are highly sensitive and can't decipher the fine line of someone being completely honest vs. Someone being an asshole. I think some people expect a sugar coated answer when they need a reality check, and they take offense to that. I would rather head the raw truth than have someone try to fluff the truth. But again, some people want to hear a cutsey, rainbow and glittery answer.
  • I feel like some ppl can get away with cursing and being beligerant, just b cuz so many ppl are following them. It's not fair to have to follow all these rules if everyone doesn't have to go by them, but whatever its not the end of the world.
  • I think is just life, some people are sensitive , some others are not.. We just need to learn how to say things without hurting no ones feelings mostly since preggly has alot of emotional pregnant women. Some things are missunderstood because of the way they are written and since people cant hear the tone of voice they just imagine what ever tone they want.
  • @Janet_2011 yea in some cases..but some ppl say watever they want however they wNt
  • @mommy2b1111 true, thats why sometimes I rather not comment if I know im going to be mean.. Some people do need to check them selves before posting
  • Personally I dnt c y people put wats goin on in their personal life on the internet then get offended when there's differences of opinions. If they kno they just want answers from their friends or just certain ppl then they shud mayb just inbox them. I dnt get it...smh!!
  • I never respond anymore unless I have knowledge on the subject or to wish someone good luck, Congratulations, or to let them know I will be praying for them. I also get super upset over the constant swearing and hatefulness. I guess to me this is a site for mommy's at different stages in their lives and I personally try to sound like a mommy and use words that are appropriate for all people. I get that when upset sometimes bad words slip, but every other word. I think its incredibly vulgar and disrespectful.
  • Yea @Janet_2011 u completely agree!
  • * I completely agree..@Janet_2011
  • I think if you don't like someone's post or decisions, move on!
  • Half the time its the lack tone of voice.. Like many of u i read the thread that has prompted this and many other threads.. I have been on.pregly since i had 100 days left of prego and i now have a 3 month and i have read alot of drama bit rarely post due to fear of repraisal tbh! But it all gors down to tone of voice.. Or lack of! If u were givin some one helpful but contradoctory (sp) advice ud have a diff tone of voice if u were jus gna b an ass @queennique i did partly understand were you were comin from and tht u werent tryin to b mean or whatever but coz we cant get ur tone.of.voice it can b interpreted in many diff ways
  • @sands3 its not always about not liking someones post it just a different point of view just b/c u dnt like the opinion doesn't make it wrong long as its respectful its like me posting my dog died b/c I left him in the heat for days with no water b/c I forgot n ppl like aww sorry n somebody say well take better care of your pets n it wouldn't happen lol I might get mad but its the truth! Then a lot of time if that person not just being a b**** they would suggest some type of help maybe making a schedule for yourself etc its not always mean b/c I know I'm opinionated I just dnt now b/c I know I can turn into a b**** real fast...lol

• @sands I agree with you completely hun! When someone is looking for support and you want to disagree or bash them, move on and keep it to yourself. Many pregnant women are sensitive, most of all we are here for support not for people to try to make us feel bad about or decisions.
  • I completely agree with you, I read ur comment on another thread that I think caused you to write this thread and I agreed 100% with you! I just didnt say anything bcuz if something was said on that thread the "lynch mob" would have attacked right away lol. Its like u cant comment on certain threads unless ur a robot and ur opinion is the exact same as them or u WILL get attcked by the "body guards" as I also like to call them. Just bcuz someone is stressed or hurting doesnt give them the right to talk to u so disrespectfully and get away with it. And that is exactly what is going on with a certain member here on pregly....if we talked the way she did "f**k this, and f**k that, and get the f**k off my post" we would be banned or given a warning but just bcuz they are goung thru alot they get away with it.
  • I don't understand how people ask for opinons on something ridiculous and get all sorts of defensive when you give them a real answer. There is no point in asking for opinions then saying you can get off my post if you don't like it. Its silly. Some ladies just come here for self gradification. If you're not willing to jump on the band wagon of the post then youre a pos. I've been here since february so I've seen this many many times.
This discussion has been closed.