opinions on mirena

edited September 2011 in Health
I need opinions from preglies who have had an iud. What are your thoughts on mirena? Any side effects? Were you able to get pregnancy quickly after taking it out? What were your periods like?

Comments

• My sisters iud ended up in her thigh literally. And my sister in law couldn't drop her baby weight on it.
  • I had iud removed on jan 27 got pregnant in may mc in june. Have ovarian cysts. Had a chemical pregnancy in august. Never mc before or had cysts. I was super tired for 4 months after removal. Got over that. It really decreased my sex drive when I had it. Would not recommend it at all!!!!
  • I had it and loved it! My skin did break out more, but nothing face wash couldnt fix! I got pregnant two weeks after having it removed. I had it without any previous pregnancies.
  • I had it for a year. Removed in jan and still trying to get preg. Had a chemical preg last month. I have heavy periods, mirena did make tgem lighter. However, i had horrible cramps while it was in, gained weight, loss sex drive and many more issues. 2 days after removal i bled and bled and bled for a couple weeks. Nothing but a nightmare for me. Everyones different tho.
  • I had the paragard which is like the mirena but doesn't have hormones. I had super bad craps and heavy bleeding on it. Normally my periods were short, light and I never got cramps so it wasn't fun! I also got pregnant on it...so that was kinda a down fall.
  • I was always sick on it. Was on it for 4 months and at the end of the 4th month before having it removed, I got pregnant... HATED IT
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Omg all these stories r kinda scaring me... lol I have an appt to get it put in nxt week n now I'm not so sure... I'm kinda nervous... nd I really dnt wanna gain weight wen I'm trying to lose it...
  • I was iffy about it from the start. Oh my lord now I don't think I want it. I don't like any of the mention of mc and chemically pregnancies.