A few words from Martin

edited September 2011 in About App & Forum
When the forum was launched I could not imagine that it would grow to a big community as it did. In the early days I spent many hours past midnight to work on it. After a while I just could not handle it anymore alone and I asked Mama_Kat and others to help out with the growing community. Katherine stuck around and has in my opinion been the backbone of it, and I've called here "Mama Pregly" more than once.

When things in my private life got really busy (in short: work changes, selling old house, buying and renovating new house as a big DIY project, the (a bit earlier than expected) birth of our beautiful 2nd child I had to make choices and decided not to pay attention to Pregly for an undecided amount of time. This is also the reason why the forum is currently closed to new members: it limits the work required to maintain it. If it was not for MamaKat the forum would be closed entirely.

MamaKat recently gave birth to her daughter and is struggling with working on the forum. She has decided to just focus on enforcing the rules - which allows her to spend more time with her family.

I hope that everybody can understand the decisions made.

All the best wishes!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks for checking in, Martin! Hope you are well. Is there any chance you can hire/appoint a few more mods to help @mama_kat? I think the forum would really benefit from doing so. All the best!
  • That's a good idea I think because, I do thinly that some newly pregnant friends I have could benefit from pregly and the new member ban is such a shame for those that could use its experienced parental advice.??? This would then take some of the pressure from mamakat who, could probably do with less of the stress. What happened to hba? Wasn't she a mod too?
  • *think not thinly
  • I think its run absolutely fine and can't believe the ridiculous personal attacks some target at others particularly Kat. The rules are straight forward and if people adhere to them they don't have problems so you have no need to explain yourself. I am a woman but clearly they can be very strange creatures who Im not sure can ever all get along!
  • P.s the ap has a really nice simple format and after downloading a few its the only one i use, you could make alot of money from pregly!
  • Good Morning Charlie ;) haha! just kidding (once we had a discussion that you were like Charlie from Charlies's Angels, heehee). Thanks for checking in with us. I truly appreciate having Pregly to go to, Without it this pregnancy would have been an extremely lonely one. Love Pregly. :)
  • What decisions made? This post literally says nothing... why even bother posting it when mama_kat has written what this said on her own....? Imo it seems kind of pointless and tells us nothing.
  • edited September 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Lol. Everyone wanted to Martin & now you have & ppl still complaining!
  • edited September 2011
    @mimii36 I think people were hoping for some answers/solutions to some of the issues that have been going on.
  • @Blueberrysmom & @2beforgotten that's what I was trying to say just didn't say as well as you two Lol :)
  • At least it's not talking about Oprah. :)
  • No drastic "decision" has been made to improve the forum at all. The creator is too busy for it, and so is the only mod who has "pull"...what did you honestly expect? Old news....
  • :-? I understand that people are busy which is why I think we need more mods that have time for pregly. new mummys and daddys are missing out :-( it seems like those that have "pull" have either given up or have too much else going on. other people have offered... has it even been considered? :/
  • -_- .......
  • Give the man a break! Without him, this specific app would have NEVER been here.

Let Mama Kat do what she does.

Drama stays cause people keep posting it.

We all understand the amount of hormones here, but don't get butt hurt, and don't hurt butts.

I suggest going to the store and buying chill pills, and if they aren't cold, stick em' in the fridge!

B-)
  • We need a solution to all the problems here. This place is going to H*** in a hand basket. Something has to be done with the mods AND the problems. There has been a lot of side taking going on and if you don't kiss the right bottom your deleted from pregly. This needs fixed before the rest of us leave.
  • Um, was this just a note dropping by and saying "Hi"? I don't understand how this helps get Pregly back on track.
  • @Nova, while I genuinely appreciate him checking in after such a long time and so much turmoil, I really wish some solutions or ideas had been offered. Pregly should be worth saving, to him if no one else.
  • Pregly isn't a democracy. Everyone wanted to hear from martin and you did. Surprise!! That doesn't please you. Here is the solution: follow the rules. Yay!! Problem solved. Nothing martin can do now will fix what happened in the past. We don't need a mod for every category if y'all would just follow the rules. Plain and simple.
  • Just a question is the other lade homebirth still a mod too?
  • This was one of my questions earlier. I'm not trying to give any negative comments about Martin or mamkat, I'm simply saying that its a shame that new members aren't able to join when its been beneficial for so many (drama aside) and that maybe, if there was more help at 'the top' this would enable the app to become available to more people that would truly appreciate it for what it is meant to be.
  • @sara102011 thank you!!!! Now if some people would just listen. We're not children therefore people need to be held responsible for their own actions and quit blaming it on the forum and the people who run it. Just follow the rules and you'll be left alone!!!! Sheesh!
  • @sara102011 My thoughts too, thanks for posting.
  • Arent we all too grown to be getting on each others asses for the simplest things? Its pretty annoying to be constantly told to behave and shit. Its not that hard to ignore posts and people.