A few words from Martin

Comments

• I think its the OG preglys that are disappointed with this post..... I'm One of them.
  • I think the disappointment is stemming from the acknowledgement of problems, but no proposed solutions.

The post kind of sounds like: "Yes, there are problems and no I won't be fixing them. Ever. I'm done with the forum."
  • @jess510 I'm an og pregly.
  • @Martin in @mama_kat post she stated you were going to be deciding on keeping the forum running or basically closing it down. I think a lot of ladies here were expecting some sort of answer to her post or a resolution to all the issues that have been going on lately. Jmo.
  • I'm disappointed :/ this post didn't really say anything but "hi" basically, we were all hoping for answers.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ashleyfew if it was really even him
  • edited September 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The decision has been made: mama_kat will be the only mod & I'm assuming homebirthadvocate as well. They will enforce forum rules and if u break them they will take action. So follow the rules! Sorry you don't agree with his decision but no one is holding a gun to your head making you be on pregly. I just don't get what's so hard about following the rules and why everyone doesn't want to do it to the point of thinking we need mods around every corner
  • @sara102011 I don't think anyone stated They disagree with what he said actually there isn't anything to disagree about... also people that have commented on here never said They had a issue with the rules I think your reading to deep into things that aren't being said its not for you to understand its questions that the ladies have for Martin that @Mama_kat brought up in a previous discussion...
  • @mybabe martin made his decision in his post and everyone is saying he didn't. Because its not what everyone wants. He clearly made a decision. I'm seeing people getting upset there was no decision made..but there was. And martin doesn't need to answer any questions to anyone. If people don't like how things are then they need to move onto a new forum. And it does come down to people following the rules. What's the point in bringing on new mods if people would simply follow the rules? Sure there might b someone who stirs things up every once in awhile but if everyone loves pregly so much they won't feed ibto it and start a riot. I remember the time @mama_kat is talking about when we had like 4 mods and everyone thought it was overkill and we should all be adults and not need mods. Now people are begging for them. This is insane
  • It's not the rules that most of us have an issue with I don't think... or the mods etc. I think the issue is the fact that pregly is fast losing members and isn't gaining more because its closed to new members so, there is less helpful advice for those that use the forum as it should be used and its such a massive shame! One of the reasons given for closing the site to new members was the fact that it was getting difficult to maintain hence, the suggestion for more mods. I know that the lack of rule following made it very difficult but, hopefully that drama has passed. The main point for me is not "follow the rules and everything will be fine" It's the lack of new members to help and also gain info too. So, if we have more mods would it not be easier to maintain and therefore, become available for those of us that want to use it properly? It's not a witch hunt (I hope!) Towards Kat and Martin, its a suggestion to try and help both them and the site. I personally have no issues with either one.
  • Sorry, posted that just as mamkat did hers. X
  • @sara102011 I can only speak for myself. The reason I'm asking for more mods now is to yes open the forum again and would also like to see Pregly ran differently. What other pregnancy forums are closed to new members?
  • @jess510 none but all the other forums to my knowledge are constantly in chaos and girls down talking one another left and right. Maybe I'm wrong. Pregly is closed to new members and I'm sure will continue to be until banning by ip address can occur. Could you imagine what this forum would becone if old members with harsh feelings came back? It would be a never ending cycle of madness
    And since this forum is ban by email and not ip address its how this forum will continue to be ran since the original creator was not.execting pregly to be anything big. He wasn't planning n so many responsibility with it therefore i don't think he is too concerned with making it an open forum again.
  • @Mama_Kat I want things to calm down and be peaceful, if it wasn't for this forum I would be so lost. I need all the help that I can get, most everyone I know already has me as a failure (because of my age) and I haven't even had my baby yet. I don't ask questions but I have learned a lot from just lurking. I just wish that some members would stop and think before they post negative and rude comments because for me this is the only information that I am getting because of my shyness and I don't want to lose Pregly.
  • Changing your IP address is also fairly easy.
  • edited September 2011
    It is. It's a bit more work if it's static but still could be done in like 5 min by anyone just about. @Nova
  • I caught It as well!!! @mrs4c
  • I'm pretty sure that's not common knowledge though. Also many people join and log in from their phone. How do we prevent them from.coming back?
  • I don't know what an IP address is....
  • @shelshay I believe that is why Pregly is still here. Martin knows its doing good, through all the rubbish. I learn alot here and meet alot of great people here. I am happy to take whatever Pregly I can get! Martin is doing us a favor giving us what we have. He really owes us nothing. For that I am thankful and appreciative. All the junk I will ignore and just enjy Pregly as it is, while it lasts! Just my 2cents. Not that anyone wanted it, heehee
  • @mamakat lol yes it did a bit. Pregly is just so helpful to many n its a shame it can't be used by those who need it. Ftm such as @shelshay really do appreciate the help