Measauring BIG!!!

edited September 2011 in November 2011
You know how you always forget to asked that ONE question when you see your doctor ~X( well this is mine and hopefully my lovely Preglies can help me[-O< . I am measuring a whooping 6 weeks ahead X_X and those who know my story i am happy i made it this far (32w2d) and my doctor is too :-D But my question is since Im measuring sooo far ahead does this mean i will go in labor early or will/i am having a big baby :-? All my doctor says is that im measuring real good and he doesnt seem to worry about my big belly /:-) any advice or answers will be helpful :-"

Comments

• I jus left my midwife & I'm only 34 weeks but she says I'm measuring @ 36 weeks so I'm concerned too I don't want to think I still have time when It's actually shorter
  • I always measured 2 weeks ahead. I was induced @ 39 weeks, cause I wanted to. He was 7lbs 2oz.. Now hes 10,weeks and over 14lbs
  • @supermom405 i hope i am just having a big baby cause I just started getting her things together (lazy/bedrest)
  • @Karla_with_a_K but im measuring 6 weeks ahead :( ill be fine if it was just 2 :>
  • My friend was measuring about a month ahead of her due date. She was induced a whole month early. I don't know if she was actually early or if her due date was off though. She had a big baby boy!
  • Could just be extra fluid.
  • I am 5 weeks ahead too, they don't seem to think he will come early but may induce early good luck with our giant babes!
  • @Teemommie2 yea I've been lazy too that's why I hope I have more time
  • I kept measuring 2 wks ahead. Wound up having a 9 lb 6 oz girl@ 39 wks
  • edited September 2011
    Dr didn't give any possible reason as to why your measuring 6 wweks?
  • @mybabe no he didnt. He went from measuring to checking my cervix and we started discussing the lenght and how she was position. It slipped my mind just that fast
  • @kayleigh27 I hope she wont be that big!! I might have to take these newborn pampers back then lol
  • @teemommie2 how tall are you? I am 5'11 and have been measuring 3-4 weeks ahead. They first thought it was cause I am so tall. Midwife told me today. I am likely to have a big baby and early delivery is possible but you just never know.
  • It just depends. My coworker was measuring 2 weeks ahead & she just had her bby 17 days early.
  • @mrsford25 I am 5'6. Maybe she is gonna a big one lol

@mimii36 did she get induced or went in labor on her own?

If im 32 wks now and measuring 38 is it a possible chance I have about 3wks to have her. My dates arent wrong. I might need to ask for a growth scan to see how big this whopper is lol
  • She went on her own.
  • I've been measuring v.big all way through! Mw says its nothing to worry about, will just be a bigger baby and as long as its not massive then all will be fine. She and consultant I see (for dif reason) think its bigger than my other two already (he saw me nearly 2wk ago) and my other 2 were 8'8 and 7'5. I'm not worried. Actually found the larger baby easier to deliver weirdly. If they were concerned, they would do something about it. Try not to worry :-) I'm due in 2 days so will update u when the bundle makes an appearance! We will see just how big it is! :-) if the growth curve becomes sharper then they may check u with a growth scan.(been measuring 4wks ahead)
  • Have you gained a lot of weight? Im 32 weeks (ish) also and gained 45 lbs so far and measuring ahead. Growth scan showed she is on the bigger side but Dr also said some could be due to me gaining a bit too much weight.
  • I'm measuring 4 weeks ahead so my Dr sent me for a growth scan... which was done today. I was told she is weighing over 4 lbs and I'm only 30 weeks! I was thinking it was gonna be extra fluid but nope they said my fluid levels are right on and for me to expect to have a big baby. Dr said the earliest I will be induced is 38 weeks.
  • Not gained excessive amounts because I've actually been ill most of my pregnancy :-( ! I've gained about 32lb but I am only 5'3" it is literally all baby! All on my belly and tight out the front. Surprised I've not fallen forwards with the extra weight! My arms, legs and Everythin else look pretty much the same as b4 (silver cloud to everything :-) ) That's one thing the consultant did mention "well its not that u personally have put on weight so it is baby... hmmm looks like we're gonna have to take a poll on the outcome ;-) )! So, if you have maybe put on a lol too much it could account for a bit of the measurement maybe? If your on doesn't seem concerned then maybe he's taking that into account? X
  • Thanks ladies and yes @314babymama1120 & @jenny3rd I have gained alot of weight but as you could see in my profile pic its alot of belly lol. Well I did say I wanted a big, healthy baby hahahaha be careful what you wish for!!!

@perfectlyimperfect ill ask my doc for a growth scan next week & see what he says :)
  • Haha... I think the bigger ones a cuter :-) look like little cherubs. Imo bigger is better than too small. :-)
  • I am freaking out now about squeezing this whopper out, totally terrified.
  • Lol @three_cats_n_a_baby im thinking I shouldnt have brought newborn diapers :-?
  • I think the New born ones go up to 11lb so i had better get some use out of them! Lol someone said today, i can't wait to meet your baby elephant he gonna be huge! I was like thanks.
  • @TeeMommie2 If I don't have my baby before Monday my doc is going to do a growth scan because I have been measuring big most of the pregnancy. I think they said if they have 3 measurements (at different appointments) that are big then they do the growth ultrasound. I am a small person...5'8" and 115lbs pre-pregnancy so I think they are worried about my hips/pelvis being too narrow. Ask your doc if they will consider doing a growth scan if you are really worried. I know they aren't the most accurate, but it might ease your mind a bit. They probably won't do one until about 36 wks if you are still measuring big. :)

P.s. 37 wks tomorrow! Operation keep baby in is about to turn into operation get baby the heck out! :P
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have measured big the whole time till now. I'm right on track. Sometimes it means big baby or could just be the way baby is laying. Mine is laying very far out. Lol.