Trying to decide on the right hospital!!

edited October 2011 in December 2011
So I live in the middle of nowhere, so far from everything that there is no delivering hospitals in the whole county! The closest hospital is a little over 40 miles away! The probe I have with it is the roads are horrible getting there and im worried that if I went into labor the baby would bounce out before I made it! Lol Also this hospital only has 2 l&d rooms, they don't have enough people on staff to have a nursery, no kind of security system for babies, and the rooms are so small that no one would be able to visit or stay! So my next option is a hospital 70 miles away but its a big step up from the other! And the roads are all open and smooth so if I went into labor we could get there just as fast. I just don't know what to do and its getting so bad that im having nightmares about it every night!! HELP!!

Comments

• I say go with the hospital u feel the most comfortable delivering ur baby at
  • Is there a birthing center in the area besides a hospital? Not sure if ur limited on choices bc of insurance..
  • There is NOTHING! lol I do have Medicaid so I hate to be too picky but this place is horrible! And maybe im just spoiled because I delivered my first at a really nice hospital
  • Is go with the 70 mile away hospital. OS this your 1st? Babies usually dont just bounce out and as Long as you early enough you'll make it :)

The idea of having a better hospital with more staff and newer equipment would make me more comfortable!
  • If it takes just as long to get to the 2nd one as it does the first, the roads are better & the hospital is so much nicer I'd be rooting for number 2 no doubt.
  • I would for sure go to the second one.like others are saying its gonna take just as long because of the bad road conditions but at least you like the seconds hospital and know people can come visit and the baby is going to be safer.good luck though making your choice
  • @pnsw524 this is my second. My first came really fast so im expecting this one to come even faster! And what scares me is I was in labor with my first and didn't know it! Lol so im thinking ill wait too late with this one