MATERNITY LEAVE/FMLA/BONDING WITH YOUR BABY....HELPPP PLEAASE!!!

edited October 2011 in First time moms
I HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE RUN AROUND! I AM COMPLETELY LOST AND CONFUSED

I WORK AS A PART TIME ASSISTANT MANAGER FOR A CLOTHING COMPANY..SINCE I'M NOT FULL TIME I DON'T GET SICK TIME PAID VACATION OR HOLIDAYS NO BENEFITS WHAT SO EVER SO ALL I WILL RECEIVED IS STATE DISABILITY

I THOUGHT I WAS CLEAR ON EVERYTHING FOR THE THIRD TIME BT ONCE AGAIN I WAS WRONG!

I THOUGHT THAT WHEN MY JOB WROTE MY LETTER TO SUBMIT TO HUMAN RESOURCES AT WORK THAT HE WOULD B GIVING ME THE 12 WEEKS OFF..
THERE SAYIN HE ONLI GIVES ME 6 WEEKS N THE OTHER 6 WEEKS I HAVE TO GO THROUGH MY JOB WHICH IS BONDING WITH MY BABY?? IDK I'M SO LOST

PLEASE SOMEONE CLEAR THIS UP FOR ME
WHAT AM I ENTITLED TO? WHO DO I GO TO FOR WHAT
I WANTED AS MUCH TIME WITH MY BABY SO I WORKED ALL THE WAY UP UNTIL THE END OF MY PREGNANCY. YESTERDAY WAS MY LAST DAY N I'M DUE ON THE 11TH
I FEEL STUPID THAT EVERYTHING IS STILL NOT WORKED OUT

ANY ADVICE OR INFO PLEASEEE
BTW I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA

Comments

• Bump. Sorry hun im confused by this too. And also what is state disability?
  • You get 6 weeks for post partum and recovery for vaginal and 8 weeks for c section. But I think their saying your work will need to approve any additional time up to the 12 for bonding with the baby. I'm from NH and we do things a lil different. But that's what I get out of it.
  • What @kailiasmomma05 said is my understanding also.
  • @314babymama1120 don't quote me on this as my understanding have been wrong before bt I you pay into state disability they take it out of each paycheck. You later get to collect on it by submitting the paper work. You can print it off the computer I got it from member services at my hospital and had to submit it bk the day before my last day
    They said to receive a payment it will take up to a month..I think you receive payments 4 weeks prior to delivering n 6 weeks after bt once again I could b confused

@kailiasmomma05 thanks..for some what clearing that up
  • Thank you. I will have to look I to that!
  • I'm n Tx we don't have state disability, but my job offers it to with approval from doc for medical reasons. FMLA is given for childbirth 6wks for vag delivery & 8 for section.12 weeks is the maximum u can take off work on FMLA in a one yr period Reguardless the reason. Also depends on how many hours u have worked the year before leading up to it. Ur hr dept at work should give u all the info & help u figure it out
  • Im in california as well. I been on disability since 8/18/11 I was 33 weeks I had my son 09/28/11 at 39 weeks. I then had to feel out a form they sent requesting delivery information. I should now be switched to fmla for 6 weeks. And I think after that its bonding from my understanding. But I work retail part time and they give you 12 weeks unpaid. So im not sure if I can take time for bonding.
    I also have a co worker who delivered 07/21/11 and she went off 6/30/11 and she told me she still have like 3 weeks. She said that your 12 weeks start after you deliver. Im just waiting to see.
  • Well I'm in cali and work retail, part time and as far as I know I get one month before my sure date and then 6 weeks after if out regular delivery or 8 weeks if it's a c section and after that 6 more weeks for paid family leave. Hope that helps.
  • edited October 2011
    My job gives the standard 6 weeks leave unpaid & thats all I get.
  • 4before 6after and 6more for bonding
  • Wtf I'm so confused..
    @Jess510 could I have really taken my 4 weeks before thn still got the 12??