Baby is huge! lol

edited November 2011 in December 2011
So just got back from my ultrasound. I am 35 weeks 2 days and the little chunkette weighs 7lbs 13oz! she is almost 8lbs already and I still have 4 weeks to go!

Any good self inducments? I am already drinking red raspberry tea and taking the EPO pill lol.

I want to go all natural not going to happen if she is 10lbs! good lord!

Comments

• They said I was going to have a 9 pounder so I didn't buy any newborn clothes, she came out 7 lbs 1 oz, needless to say we went shopping
  • How much epo are u taking? And do u just do it at night?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • She told me to take it 2-3 times a day didn't say what times to take it at or if I could take all 3 pills at once or not. Why what are you doing? and did it work? @jules
  • My daughter was 5lbs 5oz at 35 weeks... She was born 6 weeks later at 8lbs 2oz. Just because they think bubs will be big doesnt mean she will be.
  • Yeah I have read that docs can be off with the weight. Next thrusday will be a month from the last time they checker her weight and she was 4lbs4oz then so that is like a 4 lbs jump!

I want to start self inducing but god forbid they are wrong with the weight I don't want her to be in the NICU to long because of it. I think I will stick with the tea and the pills (both OK by my doctor) and probably start having sex again lol (god it has been sence like July lol)
  • wow! baby is growing! i can't wait till my 36 week appt to see how much my baby has grown. sorry i don't know any self inducement tricks lol...what about that cinnamon tea i see people talk about on here?
  • I just had the same thing told to me! Had an ultrasound yesterday at 34+5 and the said he was 7lbs 2oz 19.5in long! I was told to expect a 9&1/2-10lb baby! I have another ultrasound scheduled in 2.5wks to check again. If he is still big they want to induce at 39 wks! I to am doing epo!
  • I have another one on the 25th and then again on the 1st of dec. the fluid around baby is low again so we will see what they want to do at this point he hasnt said anything about being induced but has mentioned c section which i dont want. glad im not the only mama with a big baby lol they think its cause im plus size but by ur pix you look like u were a skinny mini lol
  • I had the opposite... In the delivery room they told me he was around 6lbs and he was born at 7lbs 13 oz!!! So they can be off by a bit!! LOL
  • I had loads of growth scans, they said baby was really tall and said 10lb at 38 wks, he was born at 7.13 and was really short! They can be way out so don't worry x
  • Omg I just talked to you a couple weeks ago and our babies were in the 4 lb range lol my last ultrasound he was 4lb10oz I'm curious to see what they say he will be on Monday for my next us!
  • Well for a week I was just taking one and starting tonight I'm gonna take two before bed and then at next week I'm going to continue doing two by month and one vaginal but just having the one has been working I've had contractions ever since I've started talking it cause I get monitored every monday and its been picking them up so its working :)..And was this your doc that told u to take them?
  • @mattandmallory27 at 37+5 they estimated my chunk to be 8lbs 6oz...they refused to induce based on size for me, but did induce bc i was overdue by 10 days. he was born almost 4 weeks later at 41+3 and he was 9lbs 9oz. so it wasn't a huge weight gain in that time really. i had him vaginally, with a 3rd degree tear (which the recovery for me was not bad at all, and i didn't need pain meds), so it is possible to have a chunker without a c-section :-)
  • @Mam082711 you did it natural? thats what i want too. how bad was the pain honestly?lol i hope they r off with her weight.
  • They said my son was gonna be 9lbs. He came out 6lbs 15oz needless to say we had to shop for newborn clothes which he wore for a month. Now he's 3 months and fits into 6-9 clothes! He grows fast lol.
  • I had an ultrasound right before i gave birth and they said my daughter was at 8 pounds.. she came out at 9 pounds
  • Just a reminder, regardless of baby size, lungs and brain are still maturing till 37-39 weeks :-)
  • @mattandmallory27 absolutely not lol I was induced (10 days overdue) and didn't have contractions on my own after my water broke (which that did break on its own on the morning of induction...very weird feeling btw), so idk how those feel but the pitocin-induced contractions were absolutely horrible. For me, they came one on top of the other so I had no chance to recover before the next one hit. I was shaking in pain. However, I wasn't able to force myself to concentrate and breathe through the contractions, so that *probably* made it worse. My dr refused to order my epidural til I was 4cm and I went in at 1. So from 1-4 was hellacious; it took 4.5 hrs. However, once I got my epi (which I felt nothing as they did that) I went from 4-10 in an hour, and I was able to get some much needed rest. My actual labor wasn't long it was 4 hrs (the drs count from active labor which is 4cm) and I only pushed for 45 mins once I got the urge to push. Either way, listen to your nurse on how to push. My nurse helped me tremendously. You'll do great! It's an amazing feeling holding the little "monster" that tore up your insides for 9 months :X
  • @mattandmallory27 I will add that I have a friend who was induced with her first and had an epi and went all natural without an epi with her 2nd...she said the contractions she felt on pitocin at 4cm with her daughter is how she felt at 8cm with her son. And she labored at home for the majority of it. Went to the birthing center around 730am and had him a little after 9.
  • ok so sounds like I DO NOT WANT pitocin lol good to know!