tummy sleeping...opinions please

edited December 2011 in Sleep
when did you let your lo sleep on there tummy? my bbygir is gonna be a month soon & she has gas problems so I heard sleeping on her tummy would help I let her nap on her tummy today so I could check her breathing and whatnot. whats your opinions on it?

Comments

• Sometimes I let my month old nap on his tummy. Usually just when he falls asleep on the floor during tummy time. I don't let him sleep on his tummy at night though, since I'm not there to watch him.
  • My boy sleeps on his tummy on my chest so i don't see a problem with transferring him to his bed forward sleep like that either! He is a strong guy and i think its fine in my opinion, and it is how they used to advice people to let their babies sleep then changed their mind! My boy is 5 weeks tomorrow x
  • P.s i usually just do it for naps and at night put him on his side if he won't settle as he just turns himself over if i don't! X
  • My lo is 3 weeks and unfortunately its the only way she will sleep since shes been born. It was very scary to me at first but im becoming more confident in her. Ive seen her raise her head & turn it to the other side plenty of times with no problem.
  • My son is 2months & he's been sleeping on his tummy since 3weeks, he HATES being on his back
  • My baby girl been sleeping on her tummy since about a wk, she likes it better & sleeps longer. She's almost 2months now so she can lift & turn her head but I also co-sleep so that eased my worry a lot.
  • Everyone is different my son started at 2 1/2 months because I was scared but he can lift his head up with amazing strength so I think it is better for him to tummy sleep now because it eases my mind but my friend has a son 2 weeks younger than mine and he has been tummy sleeping since he got hokme from the hospital she watches him closely and it hasn't present a problem...they sleep longer on their tummy but is a sid's hazard
  • I figured I survived sleeping on my stomach, and so did my siblings. My son has been sleeping on his stomach since I brought him home. I just make sure he has a firm matress and nothing can press up in his face. He can lift his head just fine and turn it when he needs too.
    I tried having him sleep on his back, but he would startle awake all the time and when he spit up he would choke.
    Where as when he is on his stomach he sleeps for five + hours and when he spits up it just comes out with no choking.
    Now, when I have him in bed with my I put him on his back because of my matress being to soft and I make sure no pillows or blankets are around him.
    Its pretty much what ever you are comfortable with doing.
  • When my 30 weeker was born, he slept on his tummy in the nicu since day 1. when he came home he always slept with me and he wouldnt sleep unless he was on his tummy and hes 2 now and still sleeps like that. my 6 week old doesnt like it so much unless shes on my chest
  • She just started sleeping on her tummy and she is almost 7months. Its the only way she'll sleep now.
  • My baby has slept on his stomach since w2 got home from the hospital. He was always able to lift his head an turn it drum side to side since day one.