c

Comments

• Sorry I'm not sure about under 200. I know the Medela is highly recommended but really expensive. I got the Avent but only got to use it once cuz my milk never came in....I just used it in the hospital pumping colostrum but even that stopped coming out. But worked well the one time.... LOL I'm just going to give it to my friend who is due in May. sorry I'm not much help. I hope someone else can get you a better answer!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • From all my research and asking girls on here, you basically get what you pay for.
  • I keep thinking about getting one but everytime I think about the price, I hesitate. I mean really 200-300 dollars? The ones that are less are either hand pumps or single pumps. Theres no way Im using a manual pump! All I can remember when I had my ODD is that I would pump one breast while the other one leaked, what a waste of milk! As the time approaches Im getting scared. When my milk came in before I literally woke up to huge boobs and by the end of the day I was engorged and in pain. So I may just have to suck it up and spend the money. Ive been shopping around for a lower price but I think its just procrastination. I hope it doesnt catch up to me like last time.
  • @smcox I really don't wanna spend 300 :/ and I couldn't right now anyway lol. I was hoping someone would recommend one that was least expensive and does the job. I heard hospitals rent some out and all u gotta buy is tubing but idk if my hospital does that...
  • @babybubba123111 lol I don't want a manual one either...but I have really thought about a single pump. I read on here that if u pump while u breastfeed u get more milk.
  • @myHEARTZx3 Im caught in between renting and buying. A nurse I work with is a Lactation Consultant and she said that you can rent but what happens if you decide to pump for three months or more? Monthly rentals are $80, if you were to pump for 3 months then you may as well just bought a pump. What she said makes sense but at the same time idk how long I will be pumping for. I barely did it for a month last time but I really want to try for longer this time but it all depends on my body and my patience. Idk what to do.
  • @babybubba123111 yeah same here...with my son I bought a pump(that wasnt 300.lol) and only used it a couple days before I gave up. This time around I wanna try harder too. It does make sense to just buy one if ur planning to do it long term...ugh decisions decisions. If I had the money I would just buy an expensive one ....I could just charge it but I'm trying to pay my cards down lol
  • I have implants too and your friend is right they do get REALLY firm and it feels like u have rocks at the top...but now that I stopped breastfeeding they feel less firmer than before I got preggo :( I told me bf its time for new ones! Lol
  • I bought a medela single eletric pump & that works fine but when ur pumpin one side the other leaks & I told wic that so they lend me a double hand pump til whenever :) do u have wic?
  • I plan to buy a more expensive one ONLY after I am 100% sure I am committed to breastfeeding. I figure if I can breastfeed 8 weeks and am loving it, I will buy a pump.
  • I have the evenflow & it works just fine for me. Never had a problem with it.
  • @ExcitedForOctober ahh now ur scaring me! have they changed alot after pregnancy? :( i got them after my first two kids and they already soft..not firm so i don't want them to look even more like real boobs LOL i didn't plan on getting them redone till after i have all my kids. which should be by the time i am 30 haha
  • @MrsThompson34 yes i do have wic..but idk i never heard of anyone here getting a pump thru them...i'll have to ask my cousin. my next appt isn't until after i give birth. how much did ur single one cost? and how good does the hand pump work? is it just as good?
  • @misskristin thats a good idea...thats why i didn't wanna invest in a expensive one. idk how long i will be doing it...
  • @Mimii36 how much was it and where did u get it from?
  • @ExcitedForOctober ohh yeah were u able to breastfeed from the breast directly? my friend said she pumped because it was too hard...
  • it was $50 at target for a single electric. The double is $100 & the manual is $20. I had the manuel first to make sure I was sticking with bfing. It worked good. Manual is just to time consuming.
  • I bought the medala single electric pump (swing) and it works great. It was $179.00
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited December 2011
    @Mimii36 good idea..i might have to check that out before i spend alot of $$ hopefully i can stick with it this time..ty
  • @Jessibear i just posted this question in the fb app and two people said the same thing. i think if i stick with it i might buy that one :D
  • @tricesbaby where did u see that one at?
  • My eletric hand pump is 69.99 but wic will give u a free hand pump but its not eletric but u can borrow the eletric pump depending if ur going back to work or only breastfeeding only.
  • edited December 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @myheartzx3 yeah I have had mine three months and still works great. I hear you get what you pay for. People who buy cheap ones the motor goes out on them when continously used.
  • If you do get a medela go to Burlington coat factory and wait until they have a 15% off coupon. I was lucky I got a dual breast pump, electric and it has a battery pack on sale with the coupon for 200. I got it because I won't have a lot of time to pump at work and I needed something to do the job fast. If you have time it doesn't matter as much. The medelas are fast.
  • Medela at Burlington!! I suggest waiting to see if u need it b4 u buy..u bought one n never used it but maybe 5times. ..waste of $300!
  • @momaynot @jay_brad we don't have burlington here in hawaii! Lol ima stay at home mommy so I have alot of time...is that one of the differences...the medelas are faster?
  • I have an Ameda double electric pump that i rarely use. I didn't like it much. I most often use my AVENT manual pump that i bought for $40. I prefer it over the electric.