c

Comments

• @Steph_Due_101611 so u like the manual better? May I ask why? Sorry so much questions...lol
  • I bought a medela for 100 pounds and it was the electric one in mothercare and I also have tommee ripper which is s hand pump that I love
  • I feel like personally i get more out with the manual and my let down is stronger with it and it has more suction.
  • Tommee tippee I mean
  • I agree with @steph_due_101611 my manual pump gets more out also.
  • I have used my electric pump in like 2wks
  • @steph_due_101611 yea I use both at the same time sometimes...electric on one side & manual on the other. My manual always gets more out.
  • :-? Hmmm...so you get more out with a manually huh?
  • @Steph_Due_101611 and @mimii36 really? Good to know! Maybe I will buy a manual and a cheap single electric for now. Thanks ladies
  • Lactationcare.com has cheaper pumps and there legit I got mine from there
  • Don't wanna scare u but yes they feel alot less firm :( Even my bf told me they do! :( I hate that they look alot more natural now! How old are yours?? I got mine in 2007, I really want new ones! ...but good news is I had no issues breastfeeding.
  • The main thing the dual medelas are known for is the speed. If you aren't in a hurry I don't think it matters as much.
  • My medela always worked really good!! (The 6 times I actually used it) its fast n was never really bad uncomfortable. I'd usually get 5ounces each time I pumped n I was just getting in my milk! I highly recommend a medela. I do not recommend anything manually pumped (with ur foot etc ) my friend gad one n said it took up too much energy took too long n was uncomfortable. You pretty much get what u pay for..in the end if u r going to excessively use the pump I recommend getting ameda or medela those are hospital recommended n have great costumer reviews! Good luck %%-
  • From personal experience : I bought a "cheap" one $90 and it sucks. I was disappointed. Don't get the playtex one. So I bought a manual one for $30. I love it. I did get the ameda and I like it. Its only 150 ish. It works great. I recommend a baby consignment store maybe or ebay for one. I really want a medela. Hopefully I will get one.
  • @Alwayzbeenurz2008 ty i will check that out now

@ExcitedForOctober ok i hope i can brestfeed with them. i got them in...maybe 2006. and they already aren't that high and fake looking so if they get any more natural they will be saggy LOL oh well i always wanted to replace them with silicone anyway hahaha
  • @jay_brad how come u only used it 5 times? does baby only feed from the breast? i think i will get a cheap one first to see if i am gonna stick with breastfeeding and when i know for sure i will be looking into the medela one.

@Samantha is the ameda one a single or double for 150$? where do they sell those at?
  • I know mine too :( I actually miss them looking fake lol
  • Double. You can buy it directly from ameda. Its the purely yours.
  • I love my medela double electric pump...but luckily I am borrowing it from a friend, she had it for her son but didn't end up breastfeeding, so she gave it to our other friend & when she was done with it, she gave it to me, so the money she put into it has def been used. Our one friend pumped for 3 months exclusively since her son had really really bad reflux & I've been using it for 5 weeks now & going strong.
  • Medela swing single pump its 159.99 works amazing I'm using it long turm
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • i need to find out about that...thanks for sharing. :)
  • edited December 2011
  • @darknesofnight4u i will be looking into that if i stick with it. someone mentioned a website above and it was just $119.99
  • @britt21 wow definately getting the moneys worth! nice friend :)
  • Well I was on the fence about buying a 300$ pump bc I wasn't sure how I felt about bf. I bought a 70$ breastflow pump from target and immediately hated it. It took like 45 Mins to pump and after 3 weeks one side quit working!
    Sooooo this morning I get up to pump my engorged breast and the stupid pump quit all together after just 9 weeks of use! Well I went out and bought the medela swing single pump for 169 (but babies r us has a 15% off coupon til Dec 24 on all breast pumps..just go online and print it out). It is by far soooooooooooo much better than the cheap one. I was finished pumping in 9 mins!!

If u honestly want to bf for awhile, invest in a good pump the first time! Sooo happy
  • @myheartzx3 yes she is...I am very gratefully because otherwise I would have to start supplementing when i go back to work next week, but I have a good supply in the freezer instead:-)
  • @kristaf22 I'll have to check out these manual pumps...i might buy one for now and if I stick with breastfeeding I will be open to spending more lol. How long does it take u to pump tho