What do you mommas do for ME time? Or is it nonexistent? HOW DO YOU DO ANYTHING?

I work full time, go home to breastfeed on my lunch break, get off work and have baby for 1 hour until my bf gets home from work. My bf then usually wants to play Xbox for an hour...our apartment needs to be cleaned badly and I can't remember the last time I shaved my damn legs or did my nails. When does it get better?

Comments

• Well, I guess it will come with time. I broke my foot last week so any kind of me anything went right out the window for the next 7 weeks. Before that, I would just take an hour or so and go out to a store. It wasn't often, but boy was it nice. I am super fortunate that my fiance is so helpful with our son so anytime I need a minute to myself he's there. Maybe go out and get a mani/pedi this weekend with a girlfriend...hell, even go by yourself for some quiet time.
  • I take a long shower lol.
  • @loveourlittleone i hope it gets better . it draining sometimes but their dependent on us . @bentleysmommy716 its funny because i do the same thing , i will sit on the toilet for 30 minutes just to use the phone or text someone . lol than i will take a long shower ..
  • Nonexistent for me ! I get a shower that's it an still have kids beating on the dang door lol!!
  • I have a 2 month old and am able to get laundry done and dishes in the dishwasher...as far as real cleaning, not a chance! :) my hubby comes home and helps with dinner and taking care of her and any necessary chores I wasn't able to get to...he understands that there is a baby now so priorities change from him to all of us as a family. He helps a lot! I would ask your bf if he could at least one night a week help clean/watch your LO while you clean instead of xbox...I don't think that's too much to ask? And if you don't need to clean, at least watch the LO long enough to let you take a shower/bath to relax, shave your legs, or get your nails done. Mommies need a break too! :)
  • Same here I either take bath or long shower lol If I tAke a shower I'm usually in there for 1hr I end up just sitting in tub with the shower beating down on me lol.
  • Me time is non existent, which is expected this early. But the only problem is that it isnt the baby taking up my time :( Ive been pumping since my milk came in. The first day I was soo engorged. I had to ask DF to help me get some of the milk out. So with the advice from the Lactation Consultant I made him use his hands since he' s stronger. It helped alot but since then it seems like my milk comes in every hour. I cant get a break :( Is it normal for it to come this often? I gave up after two weeks with ODD but Im trying to stick this out for atleast two more months. Baby is sleeping now, while Im on here feeling more milk come in. So now its a decision between catching a nap now and wake up to huge, hurting boobs. Or pump in a few minutes...smh
  • Taking a bath has become my me time :(
    Its pretty pathetic. Lol
  • Same here. Lol. I get my mom or sister to watch lo while I take a nice relaxing shower and listen to some music so I don't get stressed if baby starts crying
  • I only get me time if hubby comes home at a decent time. Then I either go to the store (and drive around alot), or I take a shower.
  • I don't have me time. I been tryna do my own toes since the day she's born lol. Everytime my boyfriend gets close to me and kisses me or holds me or even starts talking to me Alana gets selfish and starts crying it don't matter if she's sleeping kuz she's like psychic she'll still wake up lol but we have us time kuz sometimes we'll get lucky but as far as me time goes.. that's gone but I don't mind
  • Me time is non existent. Bf doesn't help at all he just makes a mess and expects me to have the house cleaned laundry done and dinner made when he gets home. I'm going back ti work tuesday and have no idea how I'm going to survive on three hours of sleep every night because bd won't change a diaper and if baby cries he just ignores him and plays his xbox. And I'm bfing so he can't feed him
  • I lock bathroom door, run a huge buvble bath and ignore them all lol!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Well my husband would keep the lid for an hour n a half while I get my nails/toes done once every two weeks
    ..and my kid is almost 4 lol. But now he's about to deploy so that's out the window! Lol
  • @rileyandme I threatened to move out last night. The only problem is we have a year left on our lease and just about everything in the apt is mine anyway..he made me leave the bedroom where I was trying to calm down my lo because he wanted to go to bed and we got into a huge fight. I wouldn't even look at him this morning when he left.I'm seriously thinking about telling him to move out of the bedroom and he can sleep on the couch.and we can be roommates but not together anymore
  • me time is when i shower or pay bills
  • Geez I'm a daddy and the only me time I'm getting is at work and even them I get messages constantly. Our lil devil has decided cholic and reflux is awesome and if he sleeps for even a hour during the entire day we are lucky. I know I get to go to work though and my wife doesnt but I do everything for the devil on my days off lol
  • I'm looking foward to my husband getting back so I can have some help and maybe get some ME time for a mani/pedi!!! Come on Feb
  • I don't know what this me time is either? :O
  • I get no me time im pregers with my 4th and i get no help!! all he dose is complain and bitch and put me down all day! i cant even poop with him telling me to hurry up!!
  • Me time? I've heard of this myth..lol. I can't even pee alone. My 3 year old stands there to watch, encourage and then congratulate. My husband works late and for the most part..it's just me around. When he is off work he "tries" to keep Ethan occupied but.....yeah.
    Every once and while, I go grocery shopping alone or send the hubs with Ethan (my little form of revenge lmao) I will say that while my husband is not as helpful as he used to be right after my first was born, he doesn't dare complain about something not being done or dinner being late. I get kind of excited when I get to take a shower without my son peeking in to ask me what I'm doing or take a bath without my son stripping down because he wants a bath too. :P
  • I get my Mee time when I'm on here lol
  • My husband will help watch our daughter while i go get a hour massage or go get my hair done
  • In a few months, baby will be able to sit and play on it's own, so that will help. If you give him an hour for xbox, he should give you an hour for something. I'm a SAHM though and I still don't get any time alone until after the girls are in bed.
  • For me its nonexistent no one helps me I'm actually really depressed n wanna run away
  • I'm really lucky.
    My partner will watch our daughter when i ask him too. She's been on a sleeping schedule since she was about two months old. I take long showers for me time. I'm not ready to leave her yet, I'm sure it will wear off eventually (She's almost 8 months now)
    However. My partner is also a slob. Cleaning up after him, myself and a baby is nearly impossible. Our house is always a mess and it's stressful. Sometimes I want to rip my hair out and I'm seriously considering hiring a maid. I love my showers.