Ladies who are NOT vaccinating, please stand up

edited January 2012 in Parenting
I have researched vaccinations and the pros/cons. I KNOW what the text books say and what most docs recommend. At this point, I am leaning more toward not vaccinating. With my first son we did an alternative shot schedule. We split up the shots and spread them out. My first son did not tolerate them well. No lasting effects, thank goodness, but he did get really sick after every round of shots. So, ladies who do NOT vaccinate, please post websites, literature, etc that has helped you weigh your decision. I'm trying to make the most educated decision I can to protect my lo.

Also, post any adverse reactions you have experienced and with what shot. Thanks!

Comments

• thanks for posting this and I hope you get lots of answers/websites because I was just talking about this today with my mom.
  • I don't! :) I have done my research over the last 9 yrs and have made an informed choice. I know what foods to feed my children and they are breastfed. I bought books written by doctors and my kids see a naturopathic doc. And myself and siblings are not vaccinated because my dad is an MD :)
  • Im on my phone so ill post pages later
  • @Bahamamama4828 My son is breastfed as well. And healthy as can be! I'm looking into naturopathic docs in my area, although my pediatrician is ok with me not vaccinating. Yes, please post pages! Thanks so much for the response.
  • Do you have fb? Because I can post some pages. @awesomejen
  • @sophiasmom11 a naturapathic doc or chiro is your best bet! :)
  • We are a no vax family as well. I have done toooooons of research and we to are very informed. This is a blog I found early on in my research that led me to some great resources!

http://www.vegfamily.com/vaccines/deciding-not-vaccinate.htm

This website has a collection of quotes from different doctors about vaccines, and where their info was sited from...so you can use that to do your own research (its how I started my journey as well)

http://www.alternative-doctor.com/vaccination/16reasons.htm#6. Vaccine ingredients.

And this is a middle of the ground website about vaccines and their ingredients.

http://www.nvic.org/

Let me know if you have any more questions! There is a ton of info out there for you and these should help you start your journey!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ArmahnisMommy no you just need to claim exemption whether religious, philosophical in some states or medical
  • Here we only have medical and religious so I check the religious box.
    and I was just Ginger to tag @Ashley_smashley because she can post links faster than me :)
  • Going not ginger lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Lol I am always on my computer! @Bahamamama4828

@armahanismommy yep no need for vaccines just need to fill out correct exemption form for that state (each state has one). Nvic.org has all the forms seperated by state.
  • @bahamamama4824 I'm Jen Kikendall-Wilkinson on fb. Thanks!

@ahsley_smashley Thanks a bunch. I will take a look at those sites. I will tag you if I come across any questions. It's a tough decision to make, especially with people disagreeing with my decisions. Ultimately, it's my job to protect my lo. Our babies are totally relient on the decisions we make!
  • It is a big choice...and I will give you a heads up that this will be a subject that you won't really be able to discuss with everyone...it's kinda like politics ...you can only talk about that with like minded people. People feel very strongly about this subject one way or the other so be prepared.

I also should point out That I dont look down on any family that chooses to vaccinate after doing their own research..It's the families that blindly follow along with what people tell them that I have a small problem with...
  • @bahamamama4828 @ashley_smashley Have either of you come across statistics of how many unvaccinated children actually contract the viruses they weren't vaccinated against? I'm trying to weigh the benefits of the vaccines against the reactions that could possibly occur, if that makes sense.
  • @ashley_smashley I understand that it's like politics. Both of my boys are uncircumsized. That discussion creates the same type of uproar. lol
  • Oh yes it does!!
  • And this website has each vaccine listed with all ingredients in the vaccine and what each ingredient does.

http://www.novaccine.com/specific-vaccines/

As for the statistics...I have read about it but for the life of me I cant find the website ( i didnt bookmark it) so when I find it I will post it for you.
  • http://www.mercola.com/

Dr Mercola has a lot of great info on his website as well! I think you have to input your email address to be able to use his site..but he doesnt spam you..He only sends out one email a day with great information.
  • Anyone know if they will allow you to take some vaccines and not others? Im feeling middle of the road about vaccines. I can see some being beneficial, and others being unnecessary. (I just read the links posted.) For instance, chicken pox. There was no chicken pox vaccine when I was little. We all had it and all turned out fine. And it looks like there's different forms of the same vaccine. I don't want my children taking the one with formaldehyde, but it looked like they made a different form as well.
  • @vtmamajuju You can opt out of any vaccines you don't want your child to have. You can also request to have the vaccines split up and spread out.
  • @vtmamajuju You have to find out what your doctor is on board with. Some docs refuse to treat patients if they wont vaccinate (we changed docs because of this). There is nothing wrong if you choose to only do certain ones, I would just fill out your exemption form for the schools that way your covered to do what schedule you want. Check out novaccine.com to see all the specific ingredients in each vaccine its very helpful!
  • There was a Japanese study on how japan delays vaccines until age 2 and they seen a decrease in SIDS because it clearly states on the insert that there is a chance in sids. And the Amish who don't vaccinate have very little sicknesses and cancers. I'll post the fb pages here.
    Also look up Dr tenpenny. Hang on ill get on comp lol
  • edited January 2012
    Docs don't get money from big pharma if mamas choose not to vaccinate.
  • Live virus vaccines shed also...flu shot sheds to other people up to 21 days
  • @vtmamajuju you can always decide when and what you want to vaccinate your child with. I always chose to just do 2 at a time. My son was never "on schedule" because I didn't like him having so many pokes at once, but he tolerated it fine.

As time goes on, I'm trying to understand both sides of this whole argument, but I work healthcare, specifically with pediatrics, and have had to take a kid off life support who died from measles and that just baffles me because it has been a preventable disease for years. I digress. Ultimately, everyone just needs to make the best informed decision for their own kiddos. If you've put a lot of thought and research into it, I don't think you should be chastised one way or the other. Good luck with your search, @AwesomeJen.
  • @RTMommy See that's the kicker. If I don't vaccinate and my lo contracts a virus that could have been prevented, I could never forgive myself. On the other hand, if I did vaccinate and my perfectly normal, super healthy boy had a horrible reaction I would be responsible. I feel like I'm taking a chance either way. Do I poison my child now to avoid disease later? Gee, it's a tough decision.
  • @cupcake22 what's the not normal way?