Gas Pains

edited January 2012 in Postpartum Health
Omg I never had gas pains before I had a baby. NEVER felt one. But since ive had her I get them quite often. It is one of the worst pains ive felt! It feels like I have a huge balloon on my belly that needs to pop. And Ymir..but when I FINALLY use the bathroom its comes out in regular hard poops for a few minutes like I'm constipated and then it changes to this crazy diarhea (sp)! What the hell is going on??

Comments

• Its IBS!!!! Seriously no joke! I'm going through it right now. Contractions are nothing compared to that pain!!!! It kills me!!! Try taking probiotics seriously. I've been taking them now for three days and it has helped a lot. I asked my ob about it and they all said it was IBS and it was OK to take the pills. I'm 28+3 days and omg it kills. I will sit on the toilet for like an hour get up and no longer then 3mins later its back. It will wake me up out of a dead sleep and it only happens in the night time and early morning. I seriously have the same issues as does my mom and my daughters. Its horrible!!!!
  • @momofsoontobe7 omg that's exactly how it is! I went to the bathroom 3 times tonight before I finally got it all out. Its like I go a little and think I'm done and then minutes later I get the terrible pain again! Its so gross but I get soooo relieved when the diarrhea part comes because I know its almost over! I never had this problem until after having my baby. Its like going in labor all over again!
  • definitely probiotics and kefir! it should help a ton.
  • Its IBS I can almost bet on it. Every time I go to get meds I am pregnant. Does your stomach make a gurgglng noise also? Mine does!!! It hurts so bad. But yeah ill have a normal bathroom break then during the middle of the night ill get woke up by the pain then have a little hard but then it all comes out and it makes me want to puke. It kills me! I normally prop my feet up on something small which helps out some. I always run downstairs to use use bathroom BC it hurts so bad and so noisy its embarrassing. I'm ashamed to say anything to anyone BC it is embarrassing. I feel so bad for my girls. They are 10, 8, &4 and already have it. Also I find laying on the couch helps me out as well. I'd rather be alone and by myself. Other then that also try actitiva yogurt as well!!!! But definitely get on some probiotics they will help! I had ill call it an episode this morning but I haven't had once for a couple days since I've taken the pills.
  • Yep it gurgles like km hungry of something! I makes me understand y my lo acts so ill when she has bad gas. I swear I feel like I AM COLIC! Lol. When do I find the probiotics? @momofSOONtobe7
  • get some from a health food store, not grocery store, too many additives/chemicals.
  • They are the same thing either way. I got mine from Walmart and went to the natural food store they had the same exact thing with everything as the one I got from.Walmart but twice the amount! I was told by the doc to get the probiotics acidodolfolis (?sp) I don't have the bottle with me to spell it correctly but its close enough.