Sleeping through the night

edited January 2012 in Sleep
Ok I think my 2.5 month old may be starting to sleep through the night. Friday night she slept for 6 hours without a bottle. I actually am so use to waking up that I got up after 6 hours & just got her up & fed her. Last night she went 7 hours! I got up again & fed her anyway. So my question is..when they are sleeping through the night and she wakes up for her morning bottle...do I give her more than normal since she went more hours in between? Or do I just continue with the amount she normally drinks?

Comments

• I just do normal. Your lo stomach is still the same size regardless of how long they sleep. My lo actually doesn't even finish her normal amount in the morning. I give her a little extra at night though.
  • @steph_due_101611 thats what I was thinking but I just wanted to make sure. So should I maybe try to throw in an extra feeding during the day so shes still getting enough to eat in a 24 hour period?

Btw..you are always on! But for me to know that..i must always been on too. Pregly addicts! Lol :p
  • My son drinks four ounce bottles, so since he sleeps through the night I add two ounces to two bottles during the day. Usually the two closest to bed time!
  • My son has been sleeping for 5-6 hours each night. When he wakes up I just give him the normal 4-5 ounces. Then he goes back to sleep for another 3-4 hours.
  • I just throw an extra ounce in her last real bottle of the night. Then she's up a couple hours. Then i top her off with an ounce or two as she dozes off to sleep. She sleeps 8-9hrs usually. That's what works for me but Idk if it'll work for you. Every baby is different.
  • Will you tell your lo to come teach mine to sleep longer than 2 hours lol.
    and maybe my 2 yr old while she's at it. Thanks lol
  • @bahamamama4828 Lol. I was shocked that she slept through. The first night I thought maybe it was a one time thing. Then when I woke up this morning and the clock said 7:35 I didn't know what to do! Lol. And she was still knocked out! I got her up and fed her and she was right back out til 11:30
  • Wow.
    I'm jealous and exhausted lol