Trayvon Martin

So, they're charging Zimmerman with 2nd degree murder... I'm curious to see all the evidence, and the way the trial will pan out.

Comments

• Im assuming there will also be lesser charges included, like manslaughter.
  • Yeah he'll probably be charged with manslaughter instead of second degree murder.
  • He got charged with 2nd degree murder. I wonder how he can get a fair trial, I live in the UK and its all over the news, never mind over there in the US!
  • I am doubtful that he will be convicted of 2nd degree. It is a very hard charge to prove considering the circumstances. They have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that his main intention that day was to shoot and kill Martin...and this case has too much reasonable doubt. Sounds like the prosecutor charged him just to appease the public. He will probably be acquitted or convicted of manslaughter.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I don't see how it is possible for him to get a fair trial with the amount of publicity that has happened.
  • I think he will get a fair trial.
  • There is absolutely no way he will get a fair trial...
  • I agree with @ashley_smashley. The media has convicted him already. Almost everyone has formed an opinion of his guilt or innocence. There is a VERY small minority who have no opinion, but no juror in the US would have not been predisposed to the issue already.
  • He already got away with it pretty much since Tryvon's death. What makes now any different.

Intelligent Mámá's :)
  • I think the lawyers stepped down cuz there obviously is evidence he wasn't attacked first. Yay I'm happy to see his ass locked up! Crazy ass person
  • edited April 2012
    I agree @captivated! I mean come on guys just look at this thread! You guys have already convicted the man and you haven't even heard and testimony or all the evidence! How can you be fair jurors to what the lawyers have to say!
  • He is bonding out within the week.
  • I am certain there is a lot we dont know...the media has a tendency to lean to one side and ignore the other. There will be so much revealed about both parties involved during this trial.
  • I am still keeping an open mind to it all. I don't look at it one way or another, and I'm not letting the liberal main stream media sway my decision because that's what the media wants...gonna make my own educated decision and not jump at the first hear say or whatever.
  • Does anyone know if the trial will be public?
  • Judge will rule on it at start of trial. @captivated
  • Florida law allows cameras in the courtroom, so it should be @captivated
  • @ashley_smashley How do you expect us to speak from evidence we don't know about??? From what has been said and done, he has no reason to shoot and kill a young man. Point blank no matter the senario...and we all know this can't be self defense.
  • And who in here is part of the jury in this??? :)
  • You have exactly made my point! You already have your mind made up...it won't matter what new evidence you hear. No one is part if the jury yet,.my point was that the jury will be pooled from every day people like you and me...and if this group of women already have their mind made up then isn't it reasonable to conclude that so do the majority of others?
  • edited April 2012
    @ashley_smashley and so far the trial is set to take place in Sanford. They will likely motion for it to be reassigned, but regardless people everywhere have concluded his guilt or innocence in their minds. No way in hell can he get a fair trial...especially in florida of all places.

I like you, by the way. Sorry if we have had our "words" in the past. >:p
  • edited April 2012
    I think she's trying to say who have a crap if trayvon beat the crap out of george. George followed him so therefore trayvon used self defense. He should have never shot him no matter what. or at least shoot him in the l leg or something. He didn't have to be killed for being scared cuz some weirdo was following him. And it was PROVEN that trayvon was the one screaming for help. So that proves 1. george is already lied telling people it was him. And 2. He was attacking trayvon
  • If he was attacking Trayvon, then I hope he gets convicted. If he wasn't attacking Trayvon, he still had no legal right to attack Zimmerman. There is no law that states if you FEEL threatened, that you can attack someone. Self defense is fighting back once someone has actually attacked you. So Zimmerman following Martin is not grounds for Martin to attack him in "self defense". However, I don't know what happened, so I'll reserve judgement until we see the facts. I can't wait. Until then, I only hope that Zimmerman receives fair rights and a fair trial like everyone deserves.
  • @captivated I like you to..words are words no biggie!

I am with you, I can't wait to see the trial!
  • edited April 2012
    I could be in the jury, i don't give two shits about the whole thing, too bad i'm in texas lol
  • @kimberly4411, I hope everyone on the jury is like you too!

I hate it when people compare this with the Casey Anthony trial (because they really aren't similar), however, that case also had a ton of publicity prior to. The prosecution put on a horrible case and left the jury with no option but to acquit. I hope that the jurors on this case will also keep in mind "beyond reasonable doubt".
  • Hopefully they convict that mfa to get life
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I just hope that some type of justice is served for Trayvon because when its all said and done this young man still isn't going to get his life back.
This discussion has been closed.