seriously considering

edited April 2012 in Breastfeeding
So my lo will be 6 months on the 8th. I am thinking of stopping nursing and just exclusively pumping until she is completely done bf. I know she won't mind, cause she takes a bottle really well. I'm more worried about me not being ok with our special time and my supply dropping a lot. What do you other mommas think?

@bahamamama4828

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Because I am not a fan of her "knowing" what is going on..it kind of creeps me out. Plus she is so distracted so it takes her forever to eat. My supply is already getting low so I know she won't be getting much from me here soon and when I pump I know how much she is getting. I don't feel let down like I use to. I'm just worried she is not going to get enough. @homebirthadvocate
  • I have noticed I don't have the great supply I had in the beginning and even I do pump I only get 5oz total when I use to get 8 to 9oz at a time. So I don't want her to not get enough..and start to lose weight..she is already little as it is. I just worry she is not getting enough from me. @homebirthadvocate
  • I can barely pump an ounce at a time! but my 7 month old is ebf and still growing. she is little but she's gaining weight just fine!
  • Don't stop unless you need to. From experience you will miss it!
  • If you have even the slightest thought that you will miss the special time then don't stop! My milk supply went WAY down (even tho I tried every possible thing to help ) and now I can only nurse in the morning and evening...and I really miss all the special cuddle time we had.
  • I hated that my son weaned at 18 mo :( he shouldn't have but custody issues caused it. I'm not weaning my 6 mo until she's ready :)
  • @heyitsme oh really?! That's good to know!
    @mimii36 ok thanks for the advice.
    @homebirthadvocate I have heard that before, but why is that?
    @ashley_smashley yea I don't want to lose that time.
    @bahamamama4828 I know I eventually want to pump exclusively I just don't know when..I guess not right now since I still have doubts.
  • Awe thanks @kristaf22 she only eats like a total of like 15 minutes and it had me worried.
  • Lol glad I'm not the only one having a freak out moment of my lo not getting enough to eat lol @kristaf22
  • Mines a 5 min nurser! Lol used to be 20ish min
  • I only pumped for the first 2.5 months and the time it took was crazy. My little started to latch on around the time I was going to quit. LOL he still doesn't feed more than 5 minutes b4 falling asleep. For me pumping was a problem getting my milk to come in, but now i pump 3 or 4 times a day
  • @bahamamama4828 wow that's fast!
    @candy101 yea I don't pump as often anymore..I only pump when going to work..but sometimes its not enough so I have to break into my stash in the freezer. Which makes me feel even worse that I can't pump enough to give to her in a bottle.