Synthetic DHA, Hexane baby formula

2»

Comments

• @bahamama4828 is homeade formula hard to do?
  • @mimii36 no not at all! its really easy just gotta find the ingredients
  • My nephew was formula fed and hardly ever gets sick. My niece was breast fed and had to have tubes in her ears from all her ear infections. So it depends on the kid.
  • I personally was formula feed and almost never get sick. I don't even get colds more than once every couple years. My baby gets half and half he is 6 months old and had a cough but my husband gave it to him.
  • I just read the article and I was formula fed many years b4 dHa came about.
  • My son was mostly ff and is a very healthy 6 year old.

Not sure about this post and the other one, but I did see the word cancer mentioned in the other post referencing this post...information is good, but I don't think causing a panic is the right way to introduce said information. Just my opinion... :)
  • Thanks for your opinion...but this post (if you read the article) was not about causing a panic...but rather providing information I found about DHA and hexane. @misskristIn my son is also partially ff and I thought the info was interesting.
  • I am sorry if that came off as bitchy but I am tired of people getting their panties all on a twist about me providing information...
  • edited May 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • No problem! I understand!
  • Jesus. Its like some people want to shove their fingers in their ears and vigorously shake their heads in denial.

My son is supplemented occasionally with Similar Advance...does that have the DHA as well?
  • I don't have my panties in a bunch, nor did I come off so rude. There is nothing wrong with sharing information. I'm just not comfortable with seeing formula & cancer in the same sentence and as some of the other ladies expressed, I too felt awful for not being able to bf. While I am for bfing, I can also see where the women who can't/don't might feel that the opinion of the forum is breast over formula & might be feeling as though they are insufficient at feeding their babies. Breast may be best, but it is still just one option for feeding a baby.

I also said it was just my opinion and the smiley was to indicate I was not being a biatch, so let's all take a freaking breath here and remember this is a forum...of opinions...from women who do not always see eye to eye. Also, as someone who has been a part of this forum for nearly a year & a half, I have never once been rude to another member.
  • @captivated Yeah it has Dha/ara
  • Okay, thank you! @lolasbabynum1

I really think I am going to try the goat's milk.
  • I keep reading people saying their breastfed baby was always sick while they knew a formula fed baby who was always healthy. My two year old nephew was formula fed and spent a lot if time in daycare so his immune system is built up while my breastfed two year old gets sicker easier because I stay home and he hasn't been exposed to a lot. Im curious if more ff babies go to daycare so they are around more germs? (Not meant to be rude or start an argument just a theory I'm curious about)
  • @captivated the baby's only brand with DHA doesn't use hexane. But after my cans of that brand I am going to look into the goats mi
  • @michellebelle, it's a fact that breastfed babies develop stronger immune systems (but that's not to say a formula fed baby wont have a strong immune system either). The daycare thing is exactly correct :)

As for "being sick", we aren't talking about simple baby colds and sicknesses. I am speaking of long term effects such as diabetes, cancers, irritable bowel disease, chrohns disease, etc. Of course not EVERY formula fed baby will develop these, but they are at slightly higher risk than a breastfed baby.
  • ^^^^ well said!