Forumla Feeding Moms...

Comments

• Thank you! @misskristin! I also tried to no avail to breastfeed, and people made me feel GUILTY for formula feeding. My baby couldn't breastfeed, so the best thing for my baby was formula. Breast milk does not work for everyone.
  • IMO I tried breast feeding and struggled so we used formula with both boys and have no problems. I feel like the woman who have never formula fed there kids are the ones so against it, it is like knocking something before you try it. I would much rather formula feed my kids the first year and then feed them healthy after that then be a parent who ebf the first year and then after that the kid is eating tons of fast food, candy, and junk, and is over weight. Then it seems like what was the difference in breast feeding or formula feeding when ultimatly in the end the child will make there decisions on what they eat, so as long as you teach them healthy eating habits in general that is what is important.
  • @kristaf22 aww thanks for thinking of us! Thats crazy that your doc wouldnt support sharing! Did they give a reason?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited May 2012
    >>>>deleted....didnt want to take over<<<<<<
  • Love how this post has now turned into bf and how bad formula is. I-)
  • @juliansmommy, who said "how bad formula is"? Just curious because I must have missed it!

Any really, anytime there is a discussion about formula or breastmilk, one of the other is bound to come up. It should be expected :)
  • OMG no one said anything about how bad formula was! We just said we would rather use a wet nurse....lol whatev...
  • When my daughter was about 2 wks old i forgot to pack formula when we went to my mils cause i thought wed only be there an hour and she ate on the way over. Well we ended up being there for 2 hours. My hubs asked my sil if she would "be our wet nurse" we both laughed but my sil got all uncomfortable and was like "no way!"
  • @capitivated and @ashley_smashley I believe the quote was "I would rather my baby have breastmilk no.matter the source then artificial formula". I could be wrong but that's the closest I saw?

Why does it matter who ff and who bf the babies are getting fed! Congrats to those who bf and to those who ff for having happy healthy babies!
  • No, I'm almost 100% certain it's not. Only if the mother is HIV positive.

@HomeBirthAdvocate, @ashley_smashley
  • edited May 2012
    I also thought the mods weren't supposed to play favortism :/
  • Yes that is what I said. @navybabyonway and I hold true to that. I am not trying to put formula down. I partially ff my son and if I had the option i would rather use a wet nurse..but I dont have the option.
  • edited May 2012
    @juliansmommy, are you on another planet this evening? HBA playing favorites? She thinks the people getting defensive over formula are being ridiculous, as the rest of us do.
  • @ashley_smashley, we have both said multiple times today that we supplement our children with formula at times. I guess people conveniently skip over that tidbit?
  • @ashley_smashley oh no I wasn't saying anything I was just saying that that was the closest I saw. If you would rather use a wet nurse more power to you.

This whole fomula fed vs. Breastfed thing is getting ridiculous! Just agree to disagree on the subject. What's right for one mother and baby may not be right for another.
  • @navybabyonway..lol gotcha...I think I was feeling a little defensive just now.
  • @ashley_smashley no need to be defensive... Well at least not with me Haha

• Well its been fun ladies but I have a lo to attend to:) Tootles!
  • I did say in my first post that I understand breast is best. The wet nurse comment was implying that I wouldn't be comfortable having my baby breastfeeding on another woman. It's not the milk that is where my discomfort lies, but within the actual suckling at the breast of someone who isn't me. I carried her in my uterus, delivered her from my body, and have spent hours staring into her beautiful face...it would break my heart if she had such a strong bond with a woman who isn't her mother.
  • I can definitely understand that @misskristin!
  • @2ndbutfirst, that's true and really sad! Often they were forced to have a wetnurse because they didn't consider it appropriate for a woman of that status to breastfeed!