The no cry sleep solution

Just wanted to recommend the book The No-Cry Sleep Solution. I'm in love with this book and it has saved my sanity!! It is a healthy alternative to the cry it out method which just SUCKS in my opinion. ( yes I have tried that method and had some initial success but not for long term....plus it was painful listening to him cry)

My 7month old son is now going to bed at 730 pm and sleeping til almost 8am with only waking twice in the middle of the night to eat! (at 1am and 6am). He has three naps during the day between 1-2 1/2 hrs. The best part...he's putting himself to sleep st night time and for naps! I'm just soooo happy and wanted to spread the word.

Comments

• That's great. My lo sleeps from 10:30-8:30 on daycare days and from 10:30-9:30/10:30 on days she stays home with me. She has two naps a day and doesn't wake up at night at all. Got her on a schedule and it took her about a week to get the hang of it. It's so great!
  • Yup, i posted about this book with a list of other books as well. I recommend this as well :)
  • @mommy2ari yeah after my lo gets her bath she is a fussball too. She fusses the whole time we get her lotioned and dressed. But soon as she finishes her bottle she's right out.
  • edited May 2012
    Yay! I'm glad your successful without having to hear baby cry. I kinda think c.i.o sucks too. My 6 month old sleepa from 8pm til 5am eats then back to sleep til 7am. I do rock him to sleep tho. I just enjoy being able to do it.
  • Never read the book so I don't know the method but my lo goes to bed at 8pma and wakes up at 7am. She puts herself to sleep at night and naps and doesn't get up at night.
  • A lot of people are lucky and have good lil sleepers. But sometimes babies or mommys need a little help to figure it out! A lot of the recommendations I was already doing but just did in a different pattern!

I just wanted to put it out there that this a good book for the mommas that need a little help!
  • Thanks for the suggestion! My daughter was a great sleeper was sleeping through the night by 9 weeks then had her 4 month sleep regression and has been a horrible sleeper since. She is now 7 months. Needless to say I need some sleep. We can't all have perfect sleepers.
  • @newmommy_11 that sounds exactly like my son!!! At 14 weeks he was sleeping through the night but that was short lived. I was hoping it was just a phase getting up once or maybe just a growth spurt. But then it started to be twice a night, three time and then four times. Enough is enough, I was tired and grouchy and I was ready for some help! He's still waking up (obviously its 418am and I'm on here) but he's going to bed early and sleeping later. And when he does wake up, i know he truly is hungry and of course I don't mind getting up to feed my hungry boy. What was driving me crazy was the constant wake ups to hold him for a second and then back to bed...over and over! Haha don't get me wrong I love being needed but I was tired.

I hope the books advice helps