Meats baby food...

edited May 2012 in Solid Foods
So I tried turkey and turkey gravy on Jazmyah today and....she loved it! It smelled awful. I just knew she would turn it down because shes already such a picky eater. But she tore it up! I usually taste EVERYTHING before i give it to her..just in case. But no way was I tasting that stuff! lol

also..does meats constipate? Just wondering?

Comments

• At what age can they have more than just fruits and veggies??
  • @1stwoodsbaby the jar says sitter...just like the fruits and veggies so im assuming whenever they start 2nd foods. My lo turned 6 months on the 8th.
  • Yea usually around 6 months. I've heard that's when wic starts giving it too
  • I actually smashed up some of our chicken dinner last night and added a little broth and my lo ate it like crazy!! First time for him and he is 7m...
  • @sands3 yea they give baby food in general at 6 months but only bfing mommies get meats
  • @lilbit01_209 i was so shocked that she ate it. I couldnt get it to her fast enough!
  • Oh ok. we have an appt tomorrow and unsure of what all we will get. right now I'm just buying all his food. i feed him the meats that are mixed. like apple chicken and sweet potato turkey. he loves it! its only like .50-.75 a jar so if we don't get it on wic, it won't break the bank
  • I think the question of constipation depends on the child. Meats contain iron that may constipate some. Meats contain more protein and will cause satiety quicker, so you may notice she eats less meats than say fruits or veggies.

• I didnt mush up a lot but I usually will give hima pinky size piece of whatever I eat and he kept smaking his lips after the chicken piece I gave him so I mushed him up a little piece.. My hubby said just to use a bit of the drippings to wet it and he loved it!!
  • I hate the smell too but Kaylee loves that and the beef with gravy
  • @lilbit01_209 I heard that your not suppose to give babies like actual chicken cause their stomach cant digest it idk how much of that is true I was just once told that
  • @newmomma13 ive heard that too but i think i also read a few days ago that @bahamamama4828 gave her lo some chicken. So it probably depends on the baby.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yea so Idk how true it is
  • My gave my son shredded chicken last night from my food, and it didn't constipate him. I guess it all depends on the baby and amount given
  • Yes depends in the baby :) I did small pieces of chicken with no issues, just a couple bites worth.
  • Yeah it was a couple bit... like the size of my thumb chunk and he ate 1/2 of it...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My daughter wouldn't eat any of the meats. She LOVES actual chicken though she'll be one on Thursday and will really only eat baby food if its fruits she prefers big people food now.