Help its been 10 months...

edited June 2012 in Breastfeeding
My nipples and aerolas are so dry that they crack, peel and bleed all the time. I cannot air dry or leave nipples uncovered because when I do they stiffen up, change colors and throb with pain. This also happens after nursing, showering and pumping. Going on 10 months of this. I have used lanolin, olive oil, and coconut oil and none have helped. I always lubricate my flanges and put coconut oil on my nipples. I have been to the dr and each time have been told it was thrush and told each time a different medicine micronazole, clotrimazole, nystatin and gentian violet. Nothing has helped so far. It hurts to nurse and pump. I work 3 16 hour days a week so I pump all day. I pump 5-6 times when at work, every 3-4.5 hours. My daughter loves nursing and I love the special time with her. I love the fact she has grown because of me! I don't wanna quit; I am aiming for 2+ years or as long as she wants so any help is appreciated. I just want the pain, cracking, dryness, peeling and bleeding to stop.

Comments

• Have you tried soaking in Epson salt and warm water? Also plain yogurt?
  • @Bahamamama4828 No havent tried either of those. Will try though. My aunt suggested using shorting(Crisco) instead of lanolin or coconut oil. Have you heard of this?
  • I have heard of using Crisco but its not too much diff than using any other oil.
  • Well I finally went to see an LC and dr on Wednesday. They said not only do I have thrush I also have bacterial infection on my nipples and aerolas. I was prescribed ARNO and an antibiotic. I am almost 100% better. Its so nice not to deed nursing and/or pumping. ;)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.