what are yall's favorite names?!

edited June 2012 in Baby names
im just curious, my son has my list name as his first. and daddys last name. Devin Michael Wilcox.
and i was thinking ; if i have another son, WHAT THE HELL DO I NAME HIM hahaha. im 100% against having a JR. haha i just dont like Michael as a first name.
but if i had a girl my fav. fav. fav names are
Caleigh/Kaleigh Rose. (i love names that end in LEIGH).
but i also like Briella Rose. (i could nick-name Bri, or Ella).

what about you ladies, have you even named ur baby your last name, or combined yous n daddys name? and what did you name your second babie?!

Comments

• That is pretty clever.
  • My husband's name is Wesley Keeton (first and middle) and my name is Lanette Alexander (first and maiden).
    So for our 8th month old daughter we made a girly form of husband's middle name and used my first name...
    Keegan Lanette

When we got pregnant with our son it took more thinking about a name. Both of my husbands grandfather's names were Troy so we came up with this name for our son and used my maiden name.
    Troy Alexander
  • I have my daughter the girl version of her daddys name his is kyle and hers is kylee
  • i love names that are combined with mom&dad. or Guys names for girls.
    Keegan is such a cute name!!@1stwoodsbaby
  • @devins_mommy Thank you :) I love the name Ella too.. like you said you could use for a nickname. I wanted to name our daughter Ella Rae but hubby didn't like it.
  • aww. i looovee briella, but i think i like the "leigh" ending more.
    but i need my baby girl first lol. and that wont be for awhile :-(
    not till me and hubby are on our feet better.
  • I had the name mckaylee picked out since 4th grade for a girl but hubby hated it so we went with chelsea lynne. We used my middle name which is also my sil, mil and my aunts middle name
  • my biggest fear with naming my son was after awhile, i would stop liking his name! :/ but it still love it. i love using his middle name.
    Devin Michael :X
  • i love MaKenna for a girl.
  • @devins_mommy I'm like you, I'm afraid I won't like the name Troy. I've ALWAYS wanted to name my son Tucker, but I figured since my daughter had a family name, my son needed on too. So I'm hoping Troy grows on me. He is due in 15 weeks, so we'll see.
  • its crazy to think like, what if i dont like the name in a few years, then what hahha.
  • I have my first with the name skylee and my son ausstin and my other son named after my bro anthony nd if I have one more girl name is gonna be maylee
  • I love my sons name, Alexavier Blayze. And my daughter is Sienna Rose. If my son would have been a girl it would have been Alexandria Elizabeth because that was supposed to be my name but my dad hated it. I got stuck as Stephanie Nicole, plain, boring, common. I even went through a phase in 8th grade when I transfered schools that I went by Nikki for the year.
  • My daughters name is McKinley. No real background to it, and we had two names picked out a few weeks before my due date (Monroe or McKinley) and decided when she got here. And I love love love it. Her middle name is rose, & I always loved that name, I find it really timeless. I always thought I'd name my daughter Stella after my grandma, but my mom said her mom would be insulted if her name wasn't included, so to avoid bullshit family politics (& to avoid having to name my daughter Pauline!! Lol) I gave her her own identity and name.
  • iif it was a boy, he probably would of been cobain (yes as in Kurt!) For my bf!
  • I wanted to name my girl (which I never got) Adelynn marie.
  • My daughter is Amaya Mackenzie, no particular reason behind it. The two year boy is Xaviar (bc x-men) Knight (fiancees middle name bc we didn't want a third) the baby is Logan (bc x-men, fiancee is a fan he wanted Logan Wolverine, I said no) Brian, middle name is my dads first name. They all have nicknames tho. Amaya is My-sie. Xaviar is Xavy. Logan is Hoagie bc my daughter says when he is swaddled he looks like a hoagie:)
  • edited June 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @1stWoodsBaby I didnt realize Keeton is such a popular name. If I have a boy that's what we are naming him.
  • My daughters name is Jazmyah Na'liyah. My bf had a college friend named Jazmere and I loved that name but didn't wanna copy someone else name. So I kept thinking of different names that still caught my attention like Jazmere did and from that came Jazmyah. I loved it immediately. I wanted her middle name to be Kalynn but bf didn't like it so I let him choose. He chose Na'Liyah and her nickname is Nala like on the lion king.
  • My sons name is Bronsen Kale. My daughter is Sophia Avery. If I were to have anymore, my boys name would be Declan Kade and my daughter would be Saige Cambryn. :)
  • Leo Stuart Thomas - Leo is a name we liked and both our Grandads names are Leonard so its a reference to them, Stuart is Daddy's name and Thomas is a middle name for boys passed on in ny family

Riley George Dalglish - Riley is my mum and Step Dads surname, George is his Grandad and Great Grandads on Stuarts side middle names and Dalglish is the surname of a Liverpool FC former player/manager and my fiances hero!

If we have another boy he might be Lennon (we do like the Beatles although that isn't why we chose the name!) And Paisley for a girl (I saw this name thought it was really pretty, told Stu and he agreed - then I realised this is also a former Liverpool FC managers surname!)
  • I just liked Makenzie and Marie is my moms Middle name. If It was a boy it would have been Alexander John, John runs in the family every boy on my moms side has John in the name somewhere.

I also considered Danielle and Alivia for a girl and Max and Mitchel for a boy
  • I like these names:
    For girls:

Aaliyah
    Rubia or Rubiya (im naming my daughter that ;) )
    Haylee
    Amanda
    Ameera or Amira
    Sabrina
    Kayleigh
    Yazmine, Yasmin, Yasmine
    Danika
    Amina
    Nahla, Nala
    Nivea
    Kadija
    Sofia, Sophia, Sofiya
    Jasibell, Jasebell, Jazibell
    Misti
    Masiti

For Boy:

Devin
    Darrious
    Damien
    Aiden, Aden, Adyn.
    Jase
    Gage
    Jermaine
    Mikael (a little different then Michael)
    jamie (male or female... Dont know if males version is spelled different)

«Theres way more female names I like then male :) kinda odd»
  • I like how Devin was #1 on ur boy list (; &&,my name is jaimie. (: double win.
  • We named our daughter beatrix ruthless because we are HUGE movie freaks so we got beatrix from kill bill and ruthless from whip it.

If she happened to be a boy her name would've been dexter brodie because we love the tv show dexter lol and brodie is from mall rats.

I have no idea what we would name a girl if we had another...we really like oliver, Ollie for short for a boy so who knows?
  • @trixiesmom8 im not big on the first name (jmo though) but for some reason, im really digging "ruthless" lol
  • Haha its ok..not a lot of people do and that's ok cause we love it:-) lol my aunt actually told me when I was prego that she hoped it was a boy cause she hated the name lol @davidnaadynsmama and thanks we couldn't figure out a middle name and we were watching the movie for like the millionth time lol and Ellen page's character came on and I said "hey what about ruthless?" And hubby was like "hmmm....ok!" Lol
  • Oh I also loved the name peyton Elizabeth for a girl but hubby's nephew is named peyton I also liked page elizabeth but hubby said no