how much...

edited June 2012 in Solid Foods
Does/did your lo eat in solids at 7 months? She has been on cereal for about 2 months now and we just started veggies a couple weeks ago. She usually eats half of one container of the stage 1. Tonight she ate the whole thing so 2.5oz of squash lol. I just wanted to know how much and often is your lo getting food? She is ebf and I know the rule is food for fun until their one, but was just curious.

Comments

• My 7 month old eats everything I eat. She eats 3 3.5oz containers of baby food a day and she eats food that we eat when we eat if she wants some.
  • Savanah was eating 2 jars of food and snacks through out the day like the gerber crawler stuff like yogurt bites and puffs at 7 months now its pretty much the same but now we give her some of what we eat too she's 8 1/2 months
  • mine doesnt eat much table food yet, she still mostly nurses. so its maybe a few bites of something i am eating 3 or so times a week. she is almost 8 months and we just started solids not too long ago.
  • 8m now but.... 1 yogurt, 1 veggie, 1 fruit, strawberries in a little mesh thingy, crunchies and snacks. He also 'steals' food like french fries, pickles, eggs and a donut once but not very often. He stole a quesadilla the other day too!!
  • @blessedtxmom yea that's why she got the whole container last night of veggie cause she wanted more.
    @mimii36 we haven't even tried to give her stuff we eat. Does your lo have teeth?
    @bahamamama4828 my lo mostly nurses too.
    @chelcie89 when did you start giving your lo the puffs and bites?
    @lilbit01_209 she doesn't even try to get food off our plate.
  • No. She doesn't have teetn but you would never know that if you saw her eat. Lol. She can still chew perfectly.
  • She just uses her gums to mash the food.
  • @mimii36 oh I figured..I was more considering for my lo when I made my last comment.
  • My baby girl is 6 mo as of yesterday. She easts 1-2 stage1s a day. And I just increased her bottle to 7oz. We also give her tastes and bites of stuff we have cuz she looks at us with her big blue eyes like "I want some" lol.
  • About 5 months
  • @angel26 when she gets a bottle its close to 8oz.
    @chelcie89 ok thanks.
  • My lo is 8 months and has porridge or weetabix for breakfast and 6oz (some mixed in with breakfast) then mid morning a fruit snack. Usually a kiwi or pear sliced up. Then lunch time she has a sandwich and a youghurt and 5 oz then tea time she has either what we have or a stage 2 jar and a stage 2 pudding and another 6 oz then bed time 8oz....xxx
  • Evie has a rusk mixed with milk for brekkie, or porridge, a bowl of veggies or cous cous, or mash and something for lunch, then a jar plus a yoghurt for dinner, plus 4 7oz bottles and usually a few bits of whatever im eating throughout the day.
  • Sienna is 8months. She eats 3-4scoops(we use a formula scooper to measure) of oatmeal for breakfast everyday mixed with 2ozthe of juice. And then she has another 1-2 4oz jars if baby food a day. Plus she eats off my plate and has snacks. You would think she would be fat. Lol. My skinny mini.
  • And 6 4oz bottles
  • Ollie is 9 months ..he gets breast milk/ formula {8oz} when he gets up then a few hours later he will nap, when he gets up he gets Greek yogurt with whatever fruit we have mixed in. Then I give him some puffs while I cook hubs and I breakfast. Then a few hours later he naps. After that nap he gets a bottle and some sliced up fruit, or I will take his shirt off and let him go to town on a strawberry. He will also get some of our lunch depending on what it is. For dinner he gets another bottle/boob time and if he is still hungry some jar food.