Unplanned pregnancy

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
ok so I feel kinda bad when reading these forums and like I'm one of the only women who didn't plan on getting pregnant. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy I'm having a lil girl in june but it wasn't part of my plans. I got pregnant in october, my birth control was canceled out by antibiotics. I have a 6 yr old son, woulda been done with school after fall semester 2011 and I got married Jan 22. I loved my job working with the elderly as a STNA and getting my lil home together. I was in a car accident in nov that messed up my back, and I'm high risk because 6 yrs ago my son was born 11 wks early because of placenta abruption. Anyways now I'm off work, on bed rest and feel guilty cuz I wasn't planning on another baby til after I was married 2 yrs and we got a bigger house. I'm 22 and hubby is 24 and we're excited and can make it, but I feel idk like I'm a bad guy cuz I wasn't trying or as some women say on forums "not financially ready"

Comments

• Babies are a blessing, planned or not : ) There are probably very few who would ever feel completely financially ready. The Lord was good in His planning to give us 9 months to prepare. My husband was making a mere 6.00 an hour when we had our first and we made it. You'll be a wonderful mom to your new little one!
  • Thanks :) we make it now with my son and our 2 dogs and cat. I just feel kinda guilty that our starter home isn't the biggest and such. Bless you and your family @homeschool_mamma
  • My first was unplanned. I was on birth control, started dating this guy, knew him 3 months and got pregnant. Got married like a tard.... had my daughter and divorced him. All in one year. Talk about a messed up year. BUT...... my daughter is my world. I'm lost without her.. I'm sure you guys will be fine :) pray pray pray
  • Mine was completely unplanned. I was taking my pill everyday and everything. Within one month I found out I was pregnant, lost my job, and had to move back in with my mom. I also lucked out and got knocked up by a guy who wants absolutely nothing to do with this baby. Sh*t has hit my fan in truck loads this year lol. In the end you have to remember that god never gives us more than we can handle. There's a positive and a negative to every situation, its your choice which to focus on. :D
  • this pregnancy was not planned. but we couldnt b happier. me first. she came around to it. she has 3 buys n she held this was not the right time got us to jace a baby. but shit happen. n sometimes its a blessing in disguise. cuz its brought us closer n I get to have my lil girl now.
  • Mine was very unplanned and I cry everyday. I don't have a job, help, or emotional support. I have 2 other kids and barely make ends meet. You will be fine. Congratulations
  • edited April 2011
    mine was unplanned also. me and the daddy was done with eachother after the last time we had sex and than I came up pregnant. I feel like it was meant to keep us in eachothers life
    I lost my job and had to move back to my moms but I know it was meant to be and im so blessed to have her growing instead of me.
  • Thank you all. It's just when reading all these posts bout shoulda been ready I start feeling guilty cuz its on the main page every day. And I'm too damn curious that I check it out. I had my son at 16, prego after 1st time having sex and used a condom. And he is the best thing to happen to me, and oh so good.my hormones need to stop letting other threads get to me. Congrats to all of you as well.
    @ta2edblondie @firsttimedaddy @rockinmomma @jaimiesandefur

@singlemomofsoontobe3 awe sweetie I'm sorry read some of ur comments and lover that you stand up for what you think is right.
  • totally unplanned want suppose to have any until I finished college luckily I didn't have to take fall or spring semester off hopefully I can manage being a full time.student and mom lol!
  • congratulations to you to @seifer12211
  • My pregnancy wasn't planned either. Me and my bd are only freshman in college and havent been together very long. But we are very excited to be parents :). We aren't financially ready so its a good thing are parents are willing to help so we can get through school. We are very blessed they are there.
  • I'm only 18 my wedding was supposed to be September 17 I'm due Aug 20 and my 19th birthday is Aug 13 I def did not plan my pregnancy I was even on the depo shit for almost a year when I got pregnant but now I'm as happy as can be
  • Mine was unplanned as well. And like some of the ladies here the bd wants nothing to do with the baby. I also don't work and have to move back home. But i can't stay there when the baby is born. Im doing everything i can to get a job to try and make ends meet. Sometimes i feel like its not worth it, but im not giving up. Nothing in life is easy.
  • @mz_mommie ya I'm prolly not going to graduate til next spring cuz daycare is too pricey and I have my son to get to and from school plus wanna raise my baby girl. And I cant do my practicum and go full time to school. Congrats and with one kid I was able to do full time school work and mom, just lacked sleep and family helped.
  • shot not shit lol sorry
  • I was on birth controlled and got pregnant but now I can't wait...at first I was miserable slept all the time now I wouldn't take it back if I could :) 36.3 weeks with a baby boy
  • Mine was very unplanned as well. I was on the pill and got pregnant aweek into dating my bf. I was also doing some not so good things, i.e. drinking and drugs. But now I'm almost five months along, totally clean, still with my bf and just bought a house. Dont worry things wil be ok
  • edited April 2011
    Both of my pregnancys were unplanned but my daughter is the best thing ever be4 I had her I was going no where fast and she jst turned 8months and im 14wksn2days dnt knw how were going to make it but I knw god wldnt give me more than I can handle. Plus with love and eachother we will b okay. Have faith n give love and everything eles will fall n place
  • @kandc1015 this is going to sound bad but when I found out I was 4 wks pregnant 2 1/2 months b4 my wedding all I could say for 5 min was shit shit shit lol I didn't want anyone thinking we got married for baby and my dress. But it worked out beautifully congrats to u on both

@mommamoon a I'm so sorry to hear. Congrats and love your outlook on life :)

@novbaby family is such a wonderful blessing wishing you the best

• @seifer12211 lol I know how that feels lol I'm just so scared I'm not gunna fit in my dress!
  • @hunnybee awe congrats

@jazzi89 glad your blessing is turning your life around

@siayahsmom faith is also important and congrats to u as well
  • @kandc1015 o I kno its frustrating lol the only thing that I can complain about is my boobs were so much bigger that I looked like dolly parton in my dress n everyone noticed lol
  • Thank u so much@seifer12211
  • @seifer12211 Lol I already had big boobs and brestfeeding is going to just make them bigger! I'm really excited I can have my maid of honor hold my baby girl while were getting married I'm excited!
  • Everything happens for a reason...I got pregnant with my first child to a guy I barely knew...he was 19 and I was 21...I got kicked out of my grandparents house and his family took me in without even meeting me first...his grandmother was dying of cancer and I ended up taking care of her until she died...she told me I was sent to her by god to take care of her family after she was gone...

Now here we are...3 years later...pregnant with our 2nd...engaged and couldn't be happier...

Make the best of your situation and Congrats...
  • @kandc1015 my birthday is august the 13
  • I could tell u my story like everyone else but let me just say this. PRAY dont STRESS and everything happens for a reason :-)..... good luck on your pregnancy hope it gets better
  • @Mz_Mommie really that's cool I love when my birthday is Friday the 13 I have the best birthdays
  • it was last year wasnt it nothing exciting happened for me all bad ish lol @kandc1015