just curious how many pregos still eat cold lunch meat.. (no bashing or trashtalk)

Comments

• as roastbeef sanniches are all I want I asked my dr and I was told ti go for it.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited April 2011
    I do....but rarely. I was never a fan of cold sandwiches
  • I eat it all the time and im in the hospital under doctors and nurses care. Hospital serves it to me on sandwiches and salads. My nurses say Mmm that club sandwich looks good.
  • I do. My dr told me it was totally fine. She said the risk of bacteria is really really low. She said that is one of those things that she really doesn't care about. Hell she is pregnant herself with her 2nd child and she told she has cold deli meat a few times a week. I think if you know where it is coming from or trust the place you area getting it from, I wouldn't worry too much. It makes me happy, cause I am really not a fan of hot lunch meat hehe
  • I have but I try to heat ut up. Just realized though I had a TON of the best cold spiral cut honey ham I've ever had for Easter Sunday!! My friend smoked the ham in honey and then put a brown sugar cinnamon glaze on it!!! I would eat 3 more pieces right now if I could!
  • I do and I drink Pepsi n I prolli eat a lot of othr stuff tht I shudnt eat
  • I do. If I listened to everyone saying what not to eat, Id starve to death lol. I will eat what I want (within reason)
  • @beauty0710 mee too caffeine is another thing I love lol.. seems like all uncaffinated sodas suck big time..
  • @huneybee I've heard people on here say that you're not supposed to eat ranch dressing, but I still do. I guess it CAN have raw eggs in it? I dunno. I seriously doubt kraft is going to hurt my baby, though. lol
  • I heard we can eat anything raw.. we cant eat cake bater because of it
  • @sosmommy lol yeah I looked up the Mayo one and it says that they use pasteurized eggs or something like that so its safe id say ranch is the same.
  • If we listened to some people we'd all be drinking only water and eating broccoli and grilled chicken for our entire pregnancy! I just feel like it's more of a common sense thing. If the mayo had been sitting out and is now warm, don't eat it!! If the milk smells bad and has chunks, don't drink it!
  • This is my 5th preg all my other 4 I ate cold cuts the whole pregnancies.my dr nvr said not to.when I saw post on here I stopped eating it.I ate 2 sandwiches. This pregnancy before I saw post.I haven't asked my dr yet maybe one day ill remember to.
  • I want to....I hate it warm

Do we know why we are not suppose to???
  • @sosmommy no shit lol thats how i feel to.. if you wouldnt eat it before you were pregnant dont eat it now.. thats pretty well all there is to it.
  • I eat subway 2times a wk I love it...my great gma says hell bk in my days we ate what we could or had...n ya‘ll are still here ..she said damn doc now days done know shit...she also said u eat what u crave cuz if not ur baby will be born with there tounge sticking out...lol
  • @singlemomofsoontobe3 yeah risk of Listeria poisoning.. im really not verry educated about it but i guess its REALLY extremely dangerouse for baby and can cause death but its also REALLY extremely rare.. youd have to look it up cuz like i said im really not verry educated about it..
  • Ur not suppose to eat it do to bactiera n it u heat it up it lesses the changes of bactiera still on it...idk its weird cuz its uncooked meat plus it the same u ain't suppose to eat hot dogs either
  • @Babyluv_3 yeah and like i said befor think of how skanky the places they were getting there deli meat from was compared to todays lol.
  • Yeah as for the mayonase and ranch deal i think that if theyre doing all that befor to long were not gonna be allowed to eat popcicles either for fear of ice contamination haha..
  • and i was still in highschool wen i first got preg. so they had cold cuts for lunch some of the days and they didnt really offer microwave options lol.. how u sposed to get around that one.
  • I know my gma said they killed there own farm amimals n that's how they got there meat...uggh my gma is 91 n knows a lot she's pretty smart I trust her more den my docter in the 40s she was midwife ..
  • Love cold lunch meat always ate it this is my third pregnancy and didn't even know it was"bad". I also still eat steak medium rare and eggs Dippy or over easy. Mmmmmm...
  • @kritten_octoberbby yeah raw is definatly bad because cooking things kills the bacterias that they could be carrying.. but mayonais is only dangerous if its been set out or got warm and who really wants to eat warm mayo preg. or not lol
  • @ghettobetty yeah theres definatly no way im giving up the pink in the middle steak.. or my over easy eggs lol im in west virginia where i get farm eggs straight outa the chickens ass lol so i think im pretty safe in that dept. Thats what i mean i think if it was really that god aweful than my doctor would have HAD to mention something about it.
  • @Babyluv_3 i hear that lol.
  • @babyluv_3 next theyll be telling us on here dont drink milk for fear of mad cow disease haha..