Comments

• Shes asking for help and yall are going to cut her down? Wow. Thats rediculous. This is why everyone is leaving pregly. Someone is needing to vent and people make it worse. Wow.
  • @lovemymunchkins Actually, she cut herself down by making a comment that many consider racist and offensive. :ar! Can't let that slide. Sorry.
  • @wallieheadedbaby @sissylala Ya'll are awesome! You are being hugged by a pirate ---» :ar!
  • Regardless if she should've said beaner or not.. that wasn't the point of the post. She's venting & wanting help so suck it up & get over it. & its no better for you all to find it necessary to keep posting jokes like little middle schools girl would do! Grow up.
    Anyways.. @lafiitz89, I'm sorry you're dealing with all of that! Some guys just don't understand.. I hope things get better for you though! (:
  • It was not the worst thing I never even heard anybody use beaner as a racist thing its a vent ppl being messy made it a big deal smh its racists for her to say that but yet its ok to joke about fiestas n etc?? I'm confused lol
  • @blueberrysmom people say random stuff when they are mad. And I think some people on here take advantage of that.

@lafiitz89 I really hope things get better for you. I will say my prayers :)
  • @mommy3 It doesn't matter if it was the point of the post or not. More than one person pointed or that it was offensive. That should have been enough for her to edit the post. She chose not to.

@hot2cold87 The term is pretty well known. Here you go:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaner
  • Oh yea back to your post it might be hormones lol my bf drove me crazy for a while then I noticed it really wasn't him it was me being extra sensitive I talked to him n just told him yea I'm extra sensitive but he can try being nicer b/c I'm not myself lol
  • @blueberrysmom I said I never heard it I didn't ask u to give me proof on how popular it was!
  • @lovemymunchkins I understand completely. Similarly, I say random stuff when I'm offended. It's my nature.

I'm not trying to be dramatic but I do think that in a public forum people should try to err on the side of not offending others.
  • @blueberrysmom, and you carrying on & joking about it makes you any better how? I'm not gonna sit here & argue with you, but you all & your jokes is the last thing she needs so show some respect & go joke somewhere else.. & that's the last thing ill say to you. Period.
  • @hot2cold87 Thought the information would be helpful. Information usually is. Sorry if you feel otherwise.
  • @mommy3 Joking how? Honestly, it's not funny. I'll show respect when it is due. That said, I have in no way mocked the op nor have I been rude to her nor have I spoken out of turn. What is your concern?
  • @blueberrysmom she was venting. And all this is just making things worse. Im sure she realized she said the wrong thing. And for everyone to keep being rude is childish if you ask me. We are all pregnant and hormonal. Give her a break and help her out!
  • I agree with @mommy3 my boyfriend is being a total jerk this whole pregnancy I just spent an hour crying so if I came on here to vent about him and people turned it on me it'd only make me feel worse...!
    Sometimes people just need to vent, she didn't call anyone here a name.

And @lafiitz89 I'm sorry he's being an ass I know what its like, I'm on the very tip of breaking it off with my boyfriend completely because of how he treats me right now and I know for certain I'm never going through another pregnancy like this again!
    Just separate yourself from him for a while! That's what I do
  • @lovemymunchkins Indeed. And my first comment was regarding her vent. Later she clearly started that she saw nothing wrong with her "beaner" comment. No one is being rude. At least I am not. Also, while I am pregnant, I am not feeling particularly hormonal at the moment. Nor am I addressing the op. I am merely responding to those who chose to get upset at those who were offended. There is a difference.
  • edited July 2011
    Yea info that matters give me something relevant I'll appreciate it u giving a website to show I'm guessing ppl using beaner is proving what point???? I said I never HEARD it not that it wasn't used b/c apparently it is! @blueberrysmom
  • i think everyone has a different opinion on what is offensive and what isnt..
    I mean that comedian Carlos Mencias says beaner on national telivision.. even made a lame music video about it..
    I think it just depends on what you were taught..
  • @hot2cold87 Like I said. Simply sharing information and not proving anything. Scientia potentia est -Knowledge is power ...for any and everyone. Not sure why that bothers you so much. There's a million things I've never heard of and I'm deeply grateful when someone shares information with me. Why do you seem to take this as a personal affront?
  • edited July 2011
    @mama_kat Please feel free to review this thread and let me know if I am out of line. I am thinking that this thread is now one short step from getting out of hand, but I could be wrong. Thanks! :ar!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @blueberrysmom I just don't think it was fair to her everybody reading this can clearly see she not racist so why make it a big deal n than later laugh at the other stereotypical jokes made that's what bothers me....knowledge is great like I said enlighten me!!
  • @jdensma Are you speaking to me or generally?
  • @blueberrysmom... and THIS is why I love you!

I said my piece, even offered the advice of editing before it got ugly... after that, I was merely chatting with my middle-school yard chums about something all of us preglys can relate to.. food! And im sorry if throwing a virtual fiesta offends some of you... well I've lost my train of thought. To the refrigerator I go!
  • @hot2cold87 I never said she was racist. I suggested she not use the word because some people would find it offensive. If I'm correct, several others pointed it the same thing and she defended herself. Seemed pretty simple to me.
  • Beaner Beaner Beaner....its not a racial slur....yall r crazy!!!!
  • Maybe a higher power can sort this out. I have other posts to check out and have run out of useful commentary. Cheers! @mama_kat
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @jdensma I hear you and on that note I'm leaving this particular post. One friend of mine was banned today and I'd like to not join her.
  • OUR food?! Last time I checked, 7 layer dip was my favorite! Perhaps since im sicilian I should just stick to pizza and spaghetti... my bad....
This discussion has been closed.