johnson & johnson recall ?

Comments

• @Ashley_smashley & @lovinmyunborn - I found 4 bottles and a travel pack that I have with the chemicals in them. If you use Target brand up&up check that as well. So far all my lotions have been chemical free. My aveeno baby soothing relief creamy wash has had the chemicals removed. The up&up nighttime wash is safe. And so is j&j moisture care baby wash in the pink bottle.
  • This really pissed me off! So what products should we use for them? What are the chemicals called?
  • I just looked on my baby magic, & Johnson&Johnson bottles of shampoo, body wash, & lotion & I didn't see either one of those ingredients, should I still be worried, sry for all the questions this is just freaking me out. Poor babies! This us really upsetting to think that they'll put these ingredients in stuff that we use on our precious babies!!
  • Wellvto answer your question no there has been no recall on the products since the issue came up in 2009. Like I said it wad MY opinion. Those chemicals are in toms of stuff not just baby shampoo
    Regular shampoo dish soap and numerous other things.

• @jensensmommy15 I just think that if there was substantial proof that it was harmful then it would have been pulled THREE YEARS AGO when this all started. There are so many things that could be harmful that people use daily. I didn't say it wasn't a big deal just that its becoming bigger then it needs to be.

But once again that's MY OPINION.
  • When it comes to my babies health...nothing is too big of a deal IN MY OPINION. I wont be using those products when theres products out there without those ingredients. The fact that it MAYBE harmful is enough to cause concern for me. Recall or not.
  • I agree with @navybabyonway I am honestly more concerned about air and water pollution harming my baby than the "trace amounts of potentially harmful chemicals " that may be in 1 certain product.

Also, before you ladies throw all of your products away maybe try exchanging them for a product you are comfortable with or donating them.

IN MY OPINION! :-)
  • @Minions36 - thank you, you said it far better then I would have. @clope18 - Quaternium15 and 4dioxane are what to look for. if those chemicals are not list to do you are fine .
  • Keep using your j&j, they have been used for years! Everything causes cancer, I'd be more worried about the water you're drinking....
  • The sun causes cancer too and I'm betting sunscreen has those same chemicals so best keep your kiddos locked inside their whole life.
  • @jcbowker @navtbabyonway @314babymama1120 - since I obviously havent made it clear enough, I have no interest in your opinion nor does anyone else on my post. Just like you have none in mine. So stop posting. At this point your just trying to be irritating and start drama.
  • Thank you @honeybunny for just proving my point.
  • Lost me... you posted on pregly to get no opinion?? I only posted once so I'm causing drama?? What???
  • @mimii36 I looked at everything those chemicals aren't in then..but I'm still skeptical
  • No I posted to see if a recall was gonna be done, and to inform ppl that did not know. Not for ppl to get on and act like smart @sses.
  • lovinmyunborn - I am as well, but at least I know I've tried to do what's best for my son.
  • And I was trying to calm the fears of some ftm's.....@Aydonsmommy
  • Wow wasn't being a smartass and I'm pretty sure I answered your question and said there was no recall. Wasnt trying to start drama nor did I say I didn't care about your opinion. So there is no need to be rude to people.
  • @navybabyonway I was completely lost at the "drama" comment... I didn't recognize any drama??
  • ya those chemicals are in everything..even some shampoos we use :/..i just used the J & J on my dog instead LOL :)
  • I was being the smart ass but serious at the same time cuz the chemicals probably really are in sunscreen too. Sorry for being a smart ass its just who I am.
  • LOL your dog smells good, I bet!!!
  • To the Ladies that are worried about this go to safecosmetics.org and they have the full list of harmful chemicals in the products.

It may not be that large of an amount in the wash..but these are in everything and when you use 12 products every morning and 10 of them have the harmful chemicals can you imagine how much builds in your system over the year? Its shameful that these companies do this knowing they are harmful....obviously thy know there is a problem with them because they removed them from th3ir products in other countries...
  • @lovinmyunborn I'd just return the ones that have the chemicals in them. That's what I'm doing with the ones that I haven't opened.
  • @Cait_SeptemberMommy I checked NONE of them have the chemicals in them surprisingly
  • Wow! Pretty sure I was never rude or judgmental.... also a public forum is the exact place to state ones opinion in a respectful way..... also I have been active on pregly since March and have never been accused of " trying to start drama"...just saying.

Sorry I made You so upset but please be aware that I did so unintentionally. You calling me out by name and berating my opinion was pretty obviously intentionally hurtful. I will refrain from commenting on any of your post from here on out. Best of luck to you.
This discussion has been closed.