I am NOT a pacifier!!!!

edited December 2011 in Breastfeeding
So baby feeds for a good 15-20 min then falls off and goes to sleep. If for any reason she is moved or gets woken up she is immediately pissed and acts like she is starving. So, I feed her again and it is one never ending circle!! I don't know what to do!!

Comments

• buy a pacifier, lol! Some babies just need one. Or give her her thumb.
  • I try!! I've bought 3 different kinds and she wont take them!!
  • Omg I was just about ti make this same post! It is so damn aggravating! Sonetimes she will stay on so long it starts to hurt. & she will be sleep! But soon as I move her she goes crazy! & she will NOT take a paci! Its driving me crazy! Idk what to do!
  • im a human paci too lol and mine wont take pacis either
  • Are we supposed to let them? Im sore as all get out.
  • edited December 2011
    @vtmamajuju I hope I can get her out of this! Shes currently doing it now & has been for almost 2 hrs!
  • It may sound crazy but do any of yall babies like a certain type of bottle nipple, u can use dat as a paci to soothe them. Make sure to stuff it with something so air don't get in.
  • @Mimii36 Same here. Just now she had been asleep latched on. I guess she had milk in her mouth and she woke up and spit it out. Then immediately started sucking again! Nice, now I've got milk dripping down me.
  • @MissQ_1stTimeMommy2B She's only had a bottle once, but that is a good idea. I will have to try it.
  • Omg! Yes my daughter does that same thing!
  • @MissQ_1stTimeMommy2B What can you stuff the bottle nipple with that doesn't let air in? I've tried a paper towel, plastic, and a large piece of cloth.
  • @vtmamajuju the cloth didn't work? That's what I used
  • Would a piece of tape work? Like puttingthe tape over the nipple on the inside?
  • @mimii36 I haven't tried dat but it sound like it would, put the cloth then tape it
  • Hmmm my daughter is only 2 days old and is already using me as a Paci...but she will take a Paci also. Im hoping she will understand the difference when my milk comes in. Good luck to us all!
  • My daughter does that also.. we haven't tried a paci yet... do any of yu think she wont take it since she stays on my boob
  • If any of you are looking at getting actual pacifiers the type they give the babies at the hospital seem to work. I had a bunch that mine just did not like and ended up buying a few on amazon. Soothie is the type.. hope everyone has an easier time.
  • Actually your supposed to let them use you like a paci. I don't like it either. But all babys sucking needs are supposed to be met with the breast if your breast feeding.
  • edited December 2011
    Careful w the nipple from bottle trick, my dumb mil does that when I'm at work and she has had the worst bubbles since then at night (like wake up screaming type). Thank God I'm done w work this week :( Also, if this goes in phases and isn't every day but just for a bout of days, maybe baby us just trying to build up supply? That is what mine does. Good luck!!!