nursing in public??

edited January 2012 in Breastfeeding
does anyone have suggestions??...my daughter is almost 5 months old. she loves to nip, most of the time it is just for comfort. anytime we are around a lot of people. she wants to nurse. doesn't matter if she is hungry or not. my problem is that she sweats so bad when I cover her up trying to be thoughtful of others. I just worry she will get heat exhaustion. when she nurses in public she will sometimes do it for half an hour or more.
any suggestions on keeping her from getting too hot?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • How about a nursing cover? Mine is made of a lightweight cotton that is pretty breathable.
  • They have hats that you put on the baby & it covers you but doesnt make them hot. Also you can use a very thin receiving blanket.
  • No cover! I never use one. Nobody rreally notices.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I don't cover. The baby covers everything anyway. I just have to be smooth when she is frantic lol
  • I'm not modest by any means, my baby girl is # 1, breast to me are feeding equipment not sexual objects. I think I'm just gonna skip it. I mean we don't have to wear something over our heads when we eat nor do we have to eat in bathrooms so why should our babies. also would people rather see a little boob or hear a screaming child... Thx guys for the advice!
  • It depends on how public it is. Friends, family I dont cover for. If we are our at the shops or something I cover with a thin muslin wrap, but leave it kinda puffed out so its not touching her too much. I personally dont care what people think but I dont want perverted people getting a kick out of seeing me feed and I am very large chested so depending on what in wearing sometimes bubs just doesnt cover enough
  • I put a receiving blanket over my shoulder and let it lay over my breast a let it puddle at my babys mouth.. never covering her.
  • I don't use a cover in public....people give me dirty looks, but I could really care less.