shaving

edited February 2011 in Pregnant
I'm only 18 weeks so I don't need to know this for a while but once you are further along, how has everyone managed shaving their legs. People I know either had their bf or husband do it (im doing this alone) or didn't shave at all (which I just can't do. I hate having hairy legs). So does anyone have suggestions on how to shave your legs by yourself? Thanks!

Comments

• You could always wax your legs. But I used to sit on the kitchen counter with my legs in the sink and used the spayed to shave and rinse my legs
  • I'm only 15 weeks, but that's a good question! What if you shave other places? Can't really do it in the kitchen lol
  • grrr stupid phone@ mommy3 I thought about that too but I figured it would be easier (maybe) to shave there than bending over to shave your legs lol
  • @mommy3 lmao!

Idk if pregnant women can use nair, but it's a thought. =) some sort of hair removal cream might be easier.
  • I don't think nair would hurt u...and if its that serious, pay someone to wax em :)
  • I have no problem with hairy legs and nor does my partner luckily lol but I still try and do it, i've always found shaving works best for me, and right now i'm managing to do it if i'm sat in the bath tub since then I can raise my legs to see past my bump lol it's tiring but it works for now, once i'm super big I don't think i'll worry about it haha. I'm 33 weeks on wednesday. :-)
  • edited February 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited February 2011
    I have no idea on that one, it's difficult as it is to shave so you might have to do something that lasts a bit longer such a waxing a couple weeks before you're due.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm 16 weeks and have been worrying about shaving getting increasingly difficult as I get bigger! Maybe I'll start waxing now to get a schedule established. I never realized all the little things like this come up!
  • Awh. I'm 30 weeks snd surprisingly have no problem shaving anything. But I'm still pretty tiny.
  • I have shaved my entire body-arms, fingers, armpits, legs, top of feet, toes, down below-every single day since I was old enough to shave. Perserverance is the only way I got thru it though. Definately was a bit exhausting&more interesting trying to maneuver to get some areas. I wish I could be okay with not shaving but I don't feel right without doing so. Lol. Best wishes!
  • Haha this is only becoming an issue now for me! I'm 36 weeks & shaving my legs is easy, but try seeing your vag with this big belly in the way lol. You pretty much havta feel around & hope you did a good job. Its easier sitting down in the tub for me, opposed to standing up in the shower.
  • Lol I love these posts! I'm fine with my legs but I can't see my fuffa so I keep forgetting about it. I used nair a few weeks ago I might need to get it out again and sort out down there. Mmmm maybe I should get my bf involved.
  • I know it sounds a tad strange, but how about trying standing over a large mirror or try angling it so you can see? :D
  • Try sitting on the edge of the tub during bath time and with a mirror shave your VaJayJay. Worked for me everytime, even when pregnant with the twins. Lol. Good luck ladies
  • edited February 2011
    with my first one I shaved all the way to the end, Im sure you,ll find a position, I didn,t do anything differently. but sitting in a bath tub with your legs spread, and some places u have to do it without looking :-D
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I am only 18 weeks but I have thought about this shaving dilemma already! I don't wanna go to the hospital all hairy! I hope I can manage!
  • edited February 2011
    I just plain HATE shaving!! Lol
    I.use my husbands battery razor for my vajayjay... I cant stand a hairy monkey.... I just try my best
  • Betty I HATE it too! I wanna get electrolysis!
  • I've been thinking about this too!! But honestly the drs have seen it all so its nothing to them and we are going to be so excited to finally meet our bundles of joy we wont even be thinking about it! :)
  • True! :) I just don't wanna feel embarrassed lol
  • I'm 34 weeks and can not see my special area at all, half the time I don't even know when its hairy lol I had my man try to do it and he did the worst job ever! It felt and looked like a cat that got ahold of some clipers! Now I just do it blind, sitting in the tub, praying I don't shave something I shouldn't. Lol
  • I wish Lazor treatmentct werent that expensive... They charge you an arm &leg.....
  • I find its easier to do it in the bath, WAY WAY easier than the shower, at least. At 27 weeks I'm reduced to 100% feel and shave on my pretty place, takes me probably 5x as long as it used to, but hubby says that I haven't missed a spot yet :)
  • Im 35 weeks I still shave both parts u just have 2 wait and see what way of shaving is easier 4 u. I think shaving standing up is easier 4 me.