Circumcision = Mutilation...

edited May 2011 in Babies
I found out im having a boy.. I've heard from many that circumcision is like mutilation and not necessary, but I've also done some research and I found out that it helps prevent infections.. What are your thoughts on this subject? and if you're having a boy, are you considering circumcision?

Comments

• Ive known for a couple years actually that when I finally get my babies the boys will be circumsized. Its more sanitary and it helps prevent infections. :)
  • We are getting our little boy circumcised. I don't think it's mutilation at all, but of course that is my opinion.
  • My son had it done. It's not like it traumatizes them for the rest of his life. And less infections. You might keep it clean but will he when he is older?
  • No circumcision! All u have to do is not be a dirty person and teach ur son how tk clean himself. Parents that circumcise r just lazy!! Don't mutilate ur child:(
  • ur due the day before me!! o an ima get my lil boy circumcisied bc it reduces infection and less risk of cancer
  • I had a little boy and didn't have him circumcised. Its not really necessary. Just have to teach your son how to keep it clean.
  • I heard its better for their health & easier to keep clean. I'm having a boy. Due date September 11th & I plan on getting him circumcised
  • My oldest is circumcised(sp?) An my new baby wil b 2. Its just so much more sanitary. I wrkd in a nursing home an 1 time this resident kept complaining of pain an he cldnt pee, the nurse had to pull down his forskin an found hair wraped around it an was cutting into the skin causing infection....sorry so gross...jus thought id gve a useful explanation
  • I don't find it to be lazy, it's a traditional thing in my husbands family. That's all.
  • There is no medical reason to do so... here in California, circumcision will be on a ballot to make a misdemeanor if performed on children under 18...
    I'm not for it but everyone had their own feelings on it...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I will circumcise if I have a boy. Tmi but I have a friend who was not circumcised and had sex with a girl that had 3 piercings down there and the hood of his skin got ripped off, wouldn't have had happened if he was circumcised! Eeeep
  • An I wldnt call the parents lazy cuz they choose to circumcise... that's taking it a litl far
  • Just bc u have the baby circumsized doesnt make u lazy..smh. But anyways im circumsizing my son cuz all the guys I asked told me they sre glad their parents circumsized them lol
  • I had my son circumcised, the main reason I choose to do it, was because his father is, I believe the son should "look" like his father, that way when potty training days come, he doesn't ask, "y doesn't mine look yours daddy" Idk I just think theres should be the same as there fathers, besides I'm sure he will appreciate it when hes older...
  • Not laziness just want to make life on our sons easier.
  • edited May 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited May 2011
    Oh wow lol this is gonna get MAJOR attention lol people love this subject i posted something like this not long ago and got alllll kinds of posts alot of debates as well.. im getting my baby boy circumsized though :) and people need to realize hes barely even going to be in any pain they numb them . and hes never going to remember it..
  • my ex isn't circumcised and he always said he wished he had been
  • it does prevent infections.
  • It isn't common over here in the UK and only gets done for religious or medical purposes!
  • @nicoleok87 wow lol thats a little much..
  • We were told we have up to two weeks t decide whether we want him circumcised. He was born May 16.
  • In sure older men love going to the hospital or doctors to get foreskin removed..
  • I stil can't believe ol girl said its cuz of laziness...if anythng parents that do get ther baby circumcised its more work until its healed
  • My son is circumcised...
  • @nicoleok87 well that was an ignorant thing to say, smh, u obviously have no idea what ur talking about!
This discussion has been closed.