kids or no kids at a baby shower?

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
What's your opinion on having woman bring their child/children to a shower?
Thanks!

Comments

• My preference is no kids....but I think baby showers are a traditional, woman only kind of thing and the focus should just be on the new mommy.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I dnt want any kids at my baby shower, I.told my aunt she has to find a babysitter bcuz her kids are HORRIBLE!, if they went, they would ruin the whole party
  • Kids were welcome at mine, it was fun!! But I had it at a park and there was a pond and playground to keep them entertained. I think it definitely depends on your venu and if its kid appropriate or not. I would have hated it if it was somewhere where there wasn't enough entertainment and the kids got bored and whiney.
  • I had kids at mine it was fine we just did it at my house and they did the games and such with us but mostly played outside and they made the cutest onesies
  • Yeah & I agree with @rockinmomma it does depend on where you're having your baby shower. Mine I didn't want kids there because its at a place, not anything kid friendly, mainly a grown up thing
  • If u have kids rent a bounce house so theyll b entertain and wont bother
  • Im having kids and guys at mine
  • I had 3 small girls at ours and they were beyond wel mannered. It depends on age and venue I think.
  • We did my daughters at the park so kids were welcome. The first one was at a church always it was more a non kid one. Depends on location and the kids...
  • I just had my shower this past Saturday.. it was a big family & friends shower & their kids were welcome to come.. I wish I would've rented a bounce house or something for them all though, because their parents weren't really watching them & during me opening the gifts I had three or four of them opening gifts with (for) me! I know they all just wanted to help & what not, but it took me a lot longer to open everything. I think it was kind of rude that their parents didn't watch them better or make them stop.. but I kept a smile on my face & didn't let it ruin my day!
  • Mine is at a park and my daughter will be the only one there
  • I only wanted my kids there but being my sister lives w my mom her kids were there too. I just kicked them outside w my dad and hubby. :) It def depends where it is and your opinion matters
  • I want all fam and friends and men and kids at mine I think its a celebration of my baby and me and my boyfriend so why not!
  • Ok so a good friend of mine wants to throw one for me here at my house. She doesn't think having kid's here will be such a big deal but that would mean my kids plus her's and everyone else's. She wants the kids to just play outside.
  • I would allow older children who can understand the need to be calm, quiet and respectful to enjoy the setting, usually girls. But then again if its a casual type of party maybe that wouldn't matter so I guess it just depends. To each their own as long as the new mommy is happy.
  • kids and co-ed a yes for me
  • No kids at mine. I'd like to open my gifts by myself n not have to worry about my lil cousins which my aunt lets them do whatever they want
  • Mi friends brought their kids, an they had fun! they were able to play games. I didnt have ny problems until i was handing out gifts for the games and mi niece didnt understand y she didnt gt one, they can gt jealous. if they have an over spoiled child then no there shouldnt be ny.
  • I Say No Kids
  • No kids makes it lots easier....but if people have to bring their kids at showers I've thrown we've tried to have a baby sitter and a designated kids area away from adults and opening presents
  • Mine will be coed and kids will be there because I want my neices there to enjoy with me and I do not want ppl staying home because of baby sitter issues...more gifts the better lol
  • That's kinda what I'm afriad of.....so how would you put in on a invitation in a nice way???
  • Adult Shower
  • I don't want many kids at mine either. My sister has a 2 year old and there are a couple of newborns....i don't mind those but any older ones can stay home!! LOL
  • I'm addressing the envelope to my aunt only. I think that's clear enough.. if anything ill pass the word thru other relatives. Mine is also at a restaurant so that's a good reason too
  • edited June 2011
    Honestly, I don't think that's clear. Some folks assume you can bring kids to a shower. Maybe put small in the corner "Adults Only Please"
  • That sound's good!