He kneed me in my stomach now im in agony

edited February 2011 in Pregnant
Me and my partner havnt been getting on very well and today we got into an argument where things were thrown and he ended up kneeing me in the stomach and now im in severe agony :'( what do I do?

Comments

• Go to the hospital?
  • Im not bleeding plus I have 2 other little ones too.. his gone off to work and I have nobody to help me look after them if I go :-(
  • Call the hospital- do they have nurses that answer phone lines? Cant you take them with you? Maybe they have a way to occupy young kids. If it hurts- at least call somebody :( hospital, family member, friend
  • This happened to me n a previous relationship I was 6 weeks pregnant n end up having a miscarriage later on that night. :( I'm sorry this happened but u need to go to the er.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Omgosh hunny go to the ER. Take some toys n snacks pack up ur lil ones n go. Don't chance ur health.its better to b safe than sorry. My er has a lil room w lots of kid toys maybe urs will too. Good luck girl!
  • Thanks guys.. he has apologised and said the last thing he wanted to do was hurt me or the baby.. he didn't realise how close he was.. I'm gonna call nhs direct once kids are in bed and see what they say and if I have to go anywhere then get a friend over to look after them.. the pains calmed down but still hurts, its also the stress that's worrying me, he gets me so angry and makes me flip out like everything always my fault :-(
  • I told my husband about this post, and his opinion is the same as mine... he should go to jail. While he is in there, someone should take a sledge-hammer to his balls. He wants to knee you in the stomach while you're pregnant with his child, then maybe he needs to be made where he can't make anymore babies. Sorry doesn't cut it for me. You are the only one who can protect your baby, and that should be your upmost priority (along with your other children). What if it was one of the little ones who he did that too? Trauma to your abdomen is ALWAYS bad, pregnant of not. A blow to your abdomen can cause appendicitis, pancreantitis, damage to your liver or spleen, and while pregnant can cause a miscarriage. Where were your little ones while this argument was taking place? If you have boys and they see you being treated that way by a man, then they'll grow up to think that type of behavior is acceptable. I live in Ft Campbell, Kentucky and this past December two women were murdered in seperate incidences by their significant other. The worse was on CHRISTMAS DAY, a MP shot his girlfriend point blank in the head in front of her 5 children. Her 12 yr old was the one to have to call 911 to try to get help for his mother. I believe people can change, but in an abusive relationship, the violence tends to escalate until it reaches a breaking point. There are plenty of resources available to women in your situation, I advise doing some research on where to get help, not only for yourself but your innocent children as well.
  • His never been violent and didn't knee me on purpose.. I was on the sofa whilst he was screaming at me and as I went to get up to push him out of my face he leaned forward and that's when he kneed me.. I don't think he did it on purpose as his not a violent guy.. its just the shock of it all.. it hurts and I think it all happened so fast
  • He shouldve never been in your face?
  • O M G ring your doctor to see if they can come out to you ae then get that man away from you an your children if he can do that to your an hes unborn baby I dont even want to think what he may do
  • If he apologized, he is admitting fault. Call the police and go to the hospital.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • If he didn't do it on purpose and he's truly sorry why isn't he with you to make sure you're ok? That's not right. Whether he did it on purpose or not he shouldn't be treating you like you're not carrying something precious inside of you. go to the hospital! I'm so sorry you're going through this
  • MummyNumber3. I don't think we should be prosecuting the Guy unless it was on purpose, but if there's any thought in your mind that it could have been you should get away from him. Accident or not you need to be seen, and rather than having fights where things are thrown you should be focussing on the fact that that behavior isn't healthy especially for the two children already living in the house. The two of you should see a councilor if this is common for you as it should not be a normal thing for your kids to see.
  • It doesn't have to be physical to be violent. There are many different forms of abuse. Most domestic cases start before and physical damage is done. That is why I say that the violence tends to escalate. I don't understand how "kneeing" someone can be an accident. You actually have to bring your knee up and apply force to do it. I am a psych major and have done plenty of research on these things. In the end though, the decision on what to do is yours. I'm not trying to judge or tell you what to do, just offering my personal and professional opinion.
  • I know you love your man......obviously but the next time he gets that aggressive with you(before he gets in your face) grab your babys and walk out. You don't have to leave for good but show him your not going to allow your children to be around that. Maybe that will give him a wake up call.
  • Thank you for your comments and support guys I'm gonna see if doc can come out if not ill pop up A&E to be checked over.. I honestly don't think he ment to do it but I understand what your saying about being in my face or letting the situation grow to them lengths.. the boys were luckily not around at this point.. I'm not gonna make excuses for him but I cab tell how gutted he is.. think I need to go away with my boys for a few days
  • It might get worse if you keep puttin up with him!! Their sooo many idiots like him (sorry)that DONT think about it, until its tooo late then its when they regret it!! Like yours just did!! I guess thatz his way of shown love to and unborn child and u... Pisses me off your not takn it serious!!
  • I am taking it serious.. that's why I'm going away for a few days but what I'm saying is there's been nothing like this before and it wasn't totally on purpose but the fact that he was so close in my face for something like this to happen is bad enough.. I'm not defending him as I know if he ever laid a proper hand on me or my babys id kill him!! I'm more scared about the possible hurt to my baby and if it could of hurt him/her
  • Honey. I work with domestic violence offenders and this is called the cycle of violence. Whether its physical or not you guys fight he apologizes and its all candy and roses until the next time. It gets worse.each time. You have got to make a stand for you and your babies. Good luck to you and your choices. Do what's best and in your heart.
  • But I just know he wouldn't.. his here and is broken by what's happened and we've gone over the situation and he never grabbed me and done it, it might not make sense to people who weren't there when it happened :( but yeah I got hit with his knee as I got up to push him away.. I just wanna know if it could of harmed the baby as it would devistate us both.
  • If he was really that bothered by what happened he would have taken you to hospital and got you checked out I'm sorry but you are being stupid about this and if your still in pain and not done anything about it and he hasn't come home to get you to a hospital your being idiots and risking your baby.
  • edited February 2011
    If he's home I would have him get me to check on baby. I don't think you mentioned how far along you are. The further you are, the more dangerous trauma is.
  • I understand everyone's point but don't forget she's the victim don't attack her nor bashing her significant other is going to help her. she needs help and friends to be there for her.
  • @MummyNumber3- I hope that you have been to the emergency room to be checked out. Hope that you and your baby are ok.
  • I can't help but say if my husband was worried about our baby being okay -his 'fault' or not- he would NEVER EVER leave my side for work or anything until he was completely certain we were both okay... if your man did not stay home & take you to the ER immediately knowing you were in pain & the baby might be hurt then he is a scumbag & not a caring partner. I'm sorry honey, but whether or not he meant to- he should have stayed & taken care of you.
  • I hope everything gets better, hope baby is okay, & hope daddy learns from your days apart! Good luck sweetheart, you'll be in my prayers!
  • He left work and came home.. he was angry that's why he went but once he realised I was in he pain he came back.. were still up A&E now.. @tammy I ain't no idiot so back off I wanted advise nd support not attitude ok?! I'm 15+1 today and thank you @bwhite55019 that's what I need at the moment
  • It would help if we all read the forum guidelines after joining. @MummyNumber3 I hope everythings ok jst hope you do the right thing & take some of the mommies advice.