How did everyone tell the father?

edited February 2011 in November 2011
Hi I'm on my second baby have a 7 year old already and am about 3 weeks anyway I was wondering how all of you went about telling the dads to be?

Comments

• "U finally got me. Im pregnant. Happy now?" Lmaoo i was rly angry at him for something else so thts how i told him
  • Aww lol that's too funny
  • edited February 2011
    He was with me when i took the pee test he knew when i walked out of the bathroom laughing
  • I couldnt get ahold of mine cuz we wasnt talking so I called his friend and his friend told him so im not sure how that conversation was. Lol!
    he finally called and asked how sure I was and at that moment I flipped out on him. If he had been standing in front of me and said that, id make sure he wasnt able to make another baby. Lol
    Are u with the daddy?
  • I put my test results in a gift bag along with a ring pop... :) i was doing it in a sarcastic way though
  • @proudmommie627 , I ended up telling him the samething. 'u got what u wanted, ull have me around forever'
  • @ittybitty i was so angry. I was breaking up with him wen i found out n im like "u did this on purpose didnt u" Lmao!
  • For our 2nd child my husband was gone at work and had school that night. After waiting all day anxiously he finally got home. I had the video camera out filming our son who is 2. When my husband walked in I caught his reaction on tape as I had my son say daddy I'm gonna have a baby sister! My husband was so excited and I got it all on tape!
  • Lmao @insanepreggochick I wasn't gonna put mine on here but after that I will. I flat out told mine I was pregnant and he told me I should have an abortion. That it didn't even have a heartbeat yet. I told him to go to he'll and that karma is a bitch and so is he! Lol
  • That was hell not he'll
  • @proudmommie627 ... Lol. We actually hadnt talked since the day I got pregnant. So when I talked to him I was like 'u always wanted this, so ill never b able to get rid of u' .. I still tell him he wanted me to have his baby for that reason.. He gets so mad..
  • @ittybitty Lmao! Yea we were'nt speaking either n i wanted nothing to do with him. But then everything jus changed. I nevr saw this side of him n it was great. Lol i still joke wit him like tht too he hates it n i find it quite funny
  • My fiancée told me to take the test cuz he was convinced I was preggers. So I took it and set it on the counter then layed down in bed and told him to check it cuz I was sure I wasn't. He walked in and set it infront of me and we both cried lol
  • @proudmommie627
    ha. Lol! It changed for us but then got worse.. I love pissing him off when stuff dnt go my way. I bring that up. ;)
  • Lol. I tested at a friends house... came home, threw the test at him, and said "your luck sucks!" and the look on his face was priceless!! XD I broke up with him about 2 weeks prior.
  • My fiance told me I was pregnant! Such a weird experience lol.
  • I was thinking about taking a picture of the positive test and adding text that said something like 'we're pregnant!' Or 'you're gonna be a dad!' Or something and mixing it I. With newly developed pictures or a photo album and telling him to look through it.

• I went to the doctors to get a note for missing work for a bad cold and they did a pregnancy test since I told them i hadn't had my period for a month a week. I told them it always was late and irregular and they were like it won't hurt to check and sure enough I was pregnant. We had been trying for almost a year so it was a good thing. I got a card that said congrats on your new baby and I put the test in it. Instead of reading the card he took the test out and was like what the heck is this and I was like read the card, he just kept insisting on knowing what the little white square thing was so I gave in and just said I'm fiiinnnally pregnant, then he went a little crazy too cute even though he ruined the surprise lol :)
  • My fiancee had to tell me, I refused to look at it incase it was negative. Well he just jumped up and down shouting he gunna be a dad. I was just take that as a yes then lol x
  • @insanepreggochick only thing is I don't want him around honestly. I haven't heard anything from him in 3 months either so I guess at least were both getting what we want :)
  • I just laid all four test out....on the dresser and when he came home say them....while I just cried...he jumped up and down for joy and told me everything would be ok..and from this point on it has
  • I took a pic of the stick and texted it to him with word WOW...he was at work.
  • I didn't have to.. he knew before I did due to my symptoms.
  • Woke him up up on a Sunday morning which was super bowl Sunday told we had to talk about something he asked about Wut I said well it finally happened we have two home test that r positive
  • I came out and threw the stick ask him and he said it was broken bcoz it doesn't have NOT before PREGNANT. He told me we had some things to decide and then got on the internet lookin up conditions that will give u a false positive. All day at work he texted me these different scanerios....like cancer on my ovary..etc until I broke down and called my dr. He did a vaginal U/S and showed me the sac. After that he was excited for a couple weeks. Now he's back to being in a shitty mood and I can't talk about they baby w him bcoz he snaps...so I'm just left w my excitment alone :(
  • Well I was two weeks late for my period and my husband was already joking that I am pregnant. Cuz I wanted McDonald's at 1030 pm . Lol and I never actual crave that place . And we were at a get together and since were newly weds a common q is " r u pregnant?" And as a joke he petted my tummy and said yeah we are lol and I told everyone he's lying were not lol and that I was on my period to get them off my back . Lol but I wasn't on it . And so later on he wanted to go in the hot tub and I told him no what if I am ? So he's like let's check . We got the electronic clear blue test and it was the first test I've ever taken . And I told him to hold it cuz I was scared to miss lol and he looks at it after like 30 seconds and smiles . And shows me it says pregnant . I was like well its digital maybe a not will show up ? Lol I was in denial at first cuz we were wanting a baby badly. And then I got the butterflies and was so happy we hugged and kissed :) and I thought I was 2 weeks but I was already 6 !
  • Actually my bf told me I was pregnant, I didn't believe him until I took the test. When I officially knew I told him and he laugh and said I told u
  • So I hadn't drank on New Years because I was pretty sure I was pregnant and I was sick. He didn't believe me. So in the morning of the first, the day my period was due, I took the test. I planned on dancing around with the positive test telling him, "told you so biatch!"

While washing my hands I looked down and saw a single word on my clear blue digital test... instead of two words... and, with still soapy hands, I screamed and ran down the hallway, colliding into him as he ran down the hall, thinking I had hurt myself because of the scream. I collapsed into him crying and somehow got out that I really was pregnant and showed him the test.

Then we called everyone since he had told his family the night before as a joke. And my mom was as convinced as I was since o had been talking to her about my symptoms. At some point, in between phone calls, he started crying. I said to him, "you just got it, didn't you? You're going to be a dad" and he just nodded and wiped his eyes.
  • For my first I wrapped the test and gave it to him when he got home from work, second he was with me when I took it, 3rd I had my 2.5 year old give him the test and I said hope you like being a daddy(we had a 7 month old and 2.5 year old) and for this one I took a pic and texted it t him in the next room
  • My last pregnancy I put the test in a pen box and gave it to him over a really fancy dinner. He just got a new job so really thought it was a pen LOL. We ended up losing that one but have been trying again so if I'm pregnant (fingers crossed), my daughters BDay party is this week so ill have her dressed up in a Big Sis shirt and tell everyone she has an announcment to make.

If I don't get a PPT by then then I'm gonna make a fancy chinese dinner with homemade fotune cookies and his will say "Your going to be a Daddy...AGAIN!"