Abortion

edited September 2011 in Teen moms
Okay ladies so I have a friend who found out she was Pregnant yesterday and she has already jumped to abortion without thinking about it. She's going tomorrow with the babys father and he's paying for it. Does anyone have advice as to what I can do to tell her about it to give her the info to make the right choice?

Comments

• Is the babys father pressuring her any? Or is she deciding this on her own?
  • Dont make her feel like shes doing something wrong(even tho I think she is) because that will make her stray away from your opinions & help. & if her mind is already completely made up then I dont think theres much you can say to her.
  • It sounds like she know exactly what she wants.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • the fact that she doesnt even think twice about it tells me shes not ready to be a mother.. so mabey its best.. and it is her choice..
  • I'm not sure the state you're in but most places are required to show an ultrasound before abortion. It's suppose to help lessen our abortion rates but not sure it has :/
  • Maybe she and the father already discussed what they would do if they got pregnant...it sounds like her mind is made up...just be a friend to her know and give her your love and support...I could never do it but that doesn't mean others shouldn't have the option...
  • Don't tell her she's making the wrong choice.. it's her decision, when you go in they tell you exactly what you are doing and you usually have to sit through a class type of thing where they talk about it. They make sure you know what you're doing
  • i seriously considered abortion when i found out i was pregnant. my hubby and i were in no place in our lives to have a child, and he was terrified of passing his disability down... but i knew the first time i heard his heartbeat that i could never do it... i don't know what to tell you to tell your friend... other then maybe wait a lil before she does it...
  • @1sttimearmywife I was thinking the same thing but didnt know a good way to work it!
  • It's her choice!
  • Ill be praying for her.....
  • I say just be there for her.. because when she has thee abortion she's gonna feel somewhat depressed which is a normal reaction to an abortion... respect her decision because no matter what you tell people or how much you try to convince them to do something they are going to do what they want to do in thee end... she's doing it for a reason... im gonna pray for her!
  • She's very irresponsible and just messes around all the time. The father is in a committed relationship with another girl and that's why I think she is being influenced by him. I'm not trying to make her do anything cause then I would be just as bad as him. I just wanna help her make the right choice whatever that may be. I just think about all the people out there who want a baby so bad but can't conceive and it makes me sad that a beautiful baby is gonna be taken from this world for someones irresponsible actions.
  • I understand how that could upset you but you have to remember..whether she has an abortion or not isnt gonna change the fact that there are ppl who cant conceive. & hun you cant let someone elses life affect you in a negative way because in the end this is all about her. Dont let it stress you out!

Btw..idk how "commited" his relationship is if hes having sex with your friend.lol
  • @a_wagner you also hav to consider that if shes jumping to abortion shes odviously not ready to b a mother and probobly incapable of properly taking care of her self and the bb.. Now that ive had a bb of my own I dnt know if i could go through it for someone elles.. If it came down to it..
  • Sounds like she knows in herself that shes not ready to be a mother and take on the responsibilty of lookin after another little person yet.
  • Just be supportive she has her mind made up I wish I would have been more supportive for my sister.....she knew whaat she wanted I was just mad cause I didn't think I could have babys but I can lol
  • Okay ladies....she couldn't do it! There's gonna be a baby!
  • If she is very irresponsible and messes around why in the world would you want her to have that baby? Makes no sense whatsoever.
  • Well its great she changed her mind. Now lets just hope she doesnt screw this child up too badly
  • Has she thought about adoption any?
  • I had a termination when I was 18 and regret it everyday, it is her choice but I think she has maybe jumped to the decision to quick. Someone told me to watch a video on youtube called silent scream and oh if only id of known then what I know now I would never have gone through with it. Everyone is different and some can handle situations like this better than others. My advice is maybe watch silent scream with her (I'M GIVING YOU FAIR WARNING IT IS HEART BREAKING) or if you cant or dont want to tell her to watch it with bd b4 she goes tomorrow, it goes into great detail about the procedure (sp). Good luck and prayers for you and your friend
  • Ok only just seen that she changed her mind... Ignore my previous post lol :-)
  • @excitedforoctober because at least if she has it she can give it up to someone who would raise it and give it a better life. That's better than killing an innocent child who had no choice in the matter. This is her mistake and she needs to deal with it. Whatever her decision may be
  • @a_wagner if she is irresponsible like u say I guarantee she will not give it up for adoption. Its sad that people rather see a child being brought inti this world only to suffer.
  • @jtmoon98 exactly. I was very proud of her. I just let her know that if she needed anything that I would be there for her cause I know exactly what she's going through