I regret

edited June 2012 in Breastfeeding
not breastfeeding long. Thru my whole pregnancy I told myself I'd do it for at least 6 months. I stopped at 2 months. I could cry thinking about it cuz I can't go back and change it

Comments

• I know how u feel I stopped at4 1/2 I miss the shit outta it
  • @skysma I miss it to. I think that's why I still rock him to sleep, cuz we don't have the bonding time from bf anymore
  • Yeah I plan on having another baby nd doing it a lot longer not to mention is way cheaper
  • @skysma I'm done having babies so no more chances for me. I went to five months with my first
  • At least you did it! If only for a short time. I am so sorry you miss that time.
  • @captivated I think I'm so emotional about it cuz he's my last. I need him to stay my baby forever
  • I only got to BF my daughter for 2 weeks, and I've felt like a failure ever since. I had a horrible experience at the hospital when I had her, they basically weren't BF friendly and refused me a pump and lactation consultation. My daughter ended up in the childrens hospital at 3 days old because she wasn't getting enough and was severely dehydrated and having seizures thanks to the stupid hospital. We were there almost a week and I barely ate or drank because of the stress. The childrens hospital brought in a LC and a pump, and I was doing well, getting 2 ounces a breast. But, once I got home, it suddenly decreased and I didn't have the support or input about how to increase my supply, or to keep going.

6 weeks later, she ended up back in the hospital for RSV which turned to Bronchiolitis, and one if the docs basically scorned me for not breastfeeding and essentially blamed me for her poor health. Ever since then, I've always beat myself up for it, and it gets to me often. She's had a lot of hospital visits and I'm utterly convinced that had I not given up, she would be a healthier child. I cry about it a lot, and that stupid doctors words and voice repeat in my head a lot. It's as if it was traumatizing to me. :((

I regret it as well. I can't say I've ever regretted anything in my life, except letting her down and not helping and protecting her. I'm sorry you feel the same way I do, it's no fun.
  • @LilSugasMomma I read you can get your supply back by pumping and breastfeeding even if you stopped months ago. My lo is now 7 months and it might be kinda weird for me now. I cry about it too. I could have gone longer, my supply was great and he latched well, but with my Hubby deployed and caring for a 3 year old too, it was stressful
  • I regret my lack of support when I had my 9 yo. The hospital wouldn't supply me a pump or had an LC on staff either. I never got to bf him. Go figure its baby friendly now ugh. His health was terrible too but my parenting choices were different back then..
  • He was in the nicu for 3 days after birth as well.
  • I wish I would've known that, I would've tried when she was a couple months old. I'm done having kids, so I don't get another chance, but I'll encourage other mothers as much as I can! It's the least I can do.

@bahamamama4828 It's so sad that hospitals aren't breast friendly. You would think they would be, considering they're full of health professionals...blah. At least you know now and are able to give your LO's the best!
  • I had Jack at the naval hospital and they were all about breastfeeding. I got tons of help and support while I was there. I'm sorry y'all had a bad experience
  • I tried to talk to my husband about how I was feeling and he called me crazy. I'm not crazy, just emotional. My last baby is growing up and I'm sad
  • I completely understand. I still get upset with myself alot because I stopped. I didnt have a chose but to stop and i still am very disappointed with myself.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @HomeBirthAdvocate thanks. I hope I'll feel better tomorrow. Jack just turned 7 months yesterday and with him being my last baby its been hard on me. I don't at all regret getting my tubes tied but I'm not ready for him to grow up.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My hospital claims to be breastfeeding friendly but both times I delievered there they failed on that promise. The first time the LC never came around to help me and the nurses where like "oh you have inverted nipples" and left me to figure it out because my "baby was getting too frustrated to BF"..when the LC fianlly came the next day I had already been feeding her bottles and she griped at me for doing that since I wanted to BF so bad and she NEVER did show me how to get my baby to latch on age just walked out. I wish I could have remembered her name to complain about her but she upset me so much I was in tears after she left. :( so that didn't last long and I was too depressed to eat so my supply for pumping suffered greatly and I quit all together after that. The second time around I was determined and when I got to the hospital I demanded an LC and she came but then the hospital basically forced me to give my son formula because he lost too much weight and was serverly jaundiced but I was so pissed off at them. A month later I'm still sticking to it but its been hard..

At least u lasted that long no matter how short it was. At least your child got something...
  • The more i think about it the more i wish i wouldve kept going. I only tried 2 weeks but had horrible ppd and it really hurts me to say this but didnt want to be a mom
  • Sorry to hear that hun but what made you stop breastfeeding?
  • @AishaMusa stress. my husband,was deployed and I had a 3 yr old and a newborn...
  • Sorry to hear that..
  • @jennalynne87 I know what u mean my husband and I went from really good money and14 yrs of marrage to baby and one income. It was a shock!! we thought never again we messed up but now we both want another. I managed to stick with bf but there were many tears along the way. My milk makes Aj so gassy i think there is something wrong with it he is slowly getting more and more formula.
  • @candy101 he may be getting too much foremilk and not enough hindmilk. that causes a lot of gas in bf babies. u may also need to try a dairy free diet as this may help.
  • Thanks ladies. I've been feeling better lately. I guess it was just one of those days. I know I can't hold on forever, even tho I wish I could. I know I did my best with bfing, just wish I could have stuck it out a little longer. My boy is still happy and healthy. You ladies truly are the best support I have. Even tho I'm not having any more babies, I'll be here a long time!
  • edited June 2012
    @taztwister84. I suspect to much foremilk is the problem he never stays awake more than 5-10 minutes while On the breat. I also have an over active let down I have to keep somthing around to catch milk when he pulls off.
  • I stopped at 5monthsmy due to my supply being low and nothing I did helped. I think because the stress I was under.

Its been almost 3months, when will my breast stop making milk completely?
  • @Stephen_Due_101611 I'm going on 5 months of not bfing and I'm all dried up