For Anti Vax Moms *Question at bottom*

edited October 2012 in Parenting
I came across this artice. What do you ladies think?

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4180

Comments

• I vaccinate my daughter because my dr basically read this to me lol not literally but the explanation was awesome
  • edited September 2012
    I have recently decided against vaccinations, but this article has piqued my curiosity of whether or not I have made the correct decision @fistTimeMommy0928.
  • Interesting but doesn't change my mind. I made my decision based on the ever increasing number of vaccines this country pushes (hpv vax for boys as young as 10 now!) and the alarming number of mothers I know who went in with a happy healthy child and left with cranky, feverish, miserable babies who stayed that way for weeks in some cases. There's still something causing record autism, and as I don't trust some of the newer vax, I forgo those until more research comes about. Plenty of things deemed safe are later pulled for being unsafe! ;-)
  • I am gonna read this after my ball of energy {aka Oliver} goes to bed!
  • Haha @bexiewexie great minds....:-)
  • @ourlittlenugget, I agree with you. I will not be vaxing for things like chicken pox, hep B, etc. This article does make me think, though.
  • @bexiewexie

The mandatory Hepatitis B Vaccine which is given to infants at birth is provided for profit alone. It does not benefit the infants it is given to. Hepatitis B is as difficult to contract as A.I.D.S. (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome). As with A.I.D.S., the main people at risk are drug users, and people with multiple sexual partners. It may be transmitted by one of the following methods:

Sexual intercourse
    Being born of a mother who is infected
    The use of unclean hypodermic needles

The vaccine is only effective for 7 years, so by the time the child is in a situation in which he could be at risk, the vaccine will no longer be effective. With children who have been born of an infected mother, the children already have the disease; and again, the vaccine is of no use. In order to help these children, completely safe testing could take place before the pregnant mother gives birth. There are options which can be provided to infected mothers in order to stop the transmission. For the third scenario, the use of unclean needles in America is remote, and it is unlikely that any of the children will shoot-up with illegal drugs from their local dealer before their seventh birthday.

On top of the lack of need for vaccinations, is the risk that comes along with them. Along with being mercury based, this vaccine is said to be one of the primary causes of neurological problems such as ADD and autism, which points toward its degenerative effects upon the brain. The really unlucky children can die as soon as the day after this vaccination. For most children, the risk of a serious vaccine reaction is around 100 times greater than the risk of contracting hepatitis B, and the risk may be worse for younger children.

The most serious reported adverse effects of the vaccine seem to be restricted to Caucasians. Despite this, the main long-term safety study was conducted with Alaskan natives to avoid statistical and scientific "complications" (ie. revealing disturbing facts which are bad for business), and the other studies typically involved Asians.

In 1996, 54 cases of the hepatitis B were reported to the CDC (Center for Disease Control) in the 0-1 age group. Considering that there were 3.9 million births that year, the likelihood of Hepatitis B in that age group was 0.001%. In the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), there were 1,080 total reports of adverse reactions from Hepatitis B vaccinations in the same year and age group. Forty-Seven deaths were officially attributed to the vaccine.

For every child with hepatitis B, there were 20 reported to have had severe vaccine complications. Bear in mind that only 10% of the reactions are believed to be reported to VAERS, so this means that conventional medicine is harming roughly 200 children for every child it is protecting from Hepatitis B. Even more damning is that these numbers assume the vaccine is always effective, which it is not.

Only 1.3% of those exposed to Hepatitis B will develop a serious complication. So, coupled with the low risk of infection, its small likelihood of causing serious harm, and the well-documented serious dangers of the vaccine: why are we vaccinating infants?

It's All About The Money.

The manufacturers of the Hepatitis B vaccine are paid $1 billion a year for this vaccine which harms so many children. With that money, they can sway a lot of opinions, and they do. A manufacturer of the vaccine was asked at a 1997 Illinois Board of Health hearing to cite his evidence that the vaccine is safe for a 1-day old infant. The representative replied:

"We have none. Our studies were done on 5- and 10-year-olds."
  • edited September 2012
    Oh yeah, I understand. I am very against the Hep B as I have quite a few patients that live great and normal lives with it. The benefits just don't outweigh the risks for me. Chickenpox is another that I will forego, along with HPV. The others I am now on the fence about @mom2ing. The article I posted set me back on my decision process because it made a lot of sense. I am in a FB group for anti-vax moms and they are very close-minded and downright PUSHY. They think that you should shove this down every mothers throats and all mothers that vaccinate are either idiots or horrible parents. I think neither of those things and accept others decisions. Whether we make the same decision or not, one fact remains the same in that we ALL make the decision we do out of love and concern for our children.
  • *I do like the FB group and I am sure they are not all like that. I just don't like the pushiness.
  • Yes, I am not fond of fear-mongering. @mom2ing.
  • the cdc's actual ingredient list...look up what they do to the body on pubmed, you will be surprised.
    http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/appendices/b/excipient-table-2.pdf
  • I think i still wont vaccinate. But great article
  • I remember reading this before good info
  • Ever since that nutter went off on me in the store, I am even more steadfast in my vaccinating of my children. Pick and choose, yes, but I won't be swayed. Lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mama_kat I do understand your point. The problem I have with the hpv is that one day it came out and was pushed for all girls 15 and up. A month later they were saying 9 and up. Shortly after, schools were pushing it, and then they were encouraging boys to have it. Its just too much too soon. I can't tell you the number of times I've seen a new BC method advertised to death as the greatest thing ever - until women literally die or have major complications because of it. A new vax is the same in my opinion. Safety and efficacy needs to be proven over the long term before I'm willing to give it to my child.
  • The issue with HPV is that there is no need from it. Women are not dying in large amounts from cervical cancer and cervical cancer is just as prevented with regular PAP exams. It is a fact on this one that it is dangerous.
  • I respect completely each and everyones views on vaccines as they are your children and what you choose to do is your choice but just wanted to say.. my son has autism and I still vaccinate him and his little sister who does not have autism btw I look at it as yes he has autism and its not always easy but I get to hug and kiss him everyday. I am not trying to start anything no debate and most definitely not trying to tell you what u decided is wrong bc I thnk there are benefits to each side just giving my opinion that is all :)
  • I'm not going to start vaccinating because of that article. It sounds like a really good sales pitch to be honest.
  • edited September 2012
    I think it was a very non-bias informative piece on what incorporates portions of vaccines. It's a great stepping stone for individuals that are on the fence, who want to do research, but don't have a research base. The vast majority of the population don't know the actual components or their mechanisms. They merely rely on word-of-mouth.

Thanks for sharing!
  • I think the Hep B vaccination is just for saftey reasons.. @bexiewexie
  • What safety reasons @aishamusa? Once given the vax, it is out of our body within seven years. What 7 and under child is going to shoot up, have illicit sex, etc? ;)
  • ^^^ she must have skipped captivateds blurb about Hep B...