For Anti Vax Moms *Question at bottom*

Comments

• Thanks for the info. Time to do some reading, lol.
  • edited October 2012
    We have been so indoctrinated by big pharma and the main stream media as if their word is god. If it isn't reported on the 10-o-clock news, it isn't true. That couldn't be further from the truth. These stations and corporations are owned and backed by big bucks. It is hard to believe anything that is being reported as there is always someone behind them that is profiting one way or another. This is why vax and non-vax parents need to look at the bigger picture. Just because a doctor says vaccinations are necessary (fear mongering from both extreme sides), does not make it true. These same doctors also tell you to not breastfeed for two days after surgery or to give your child supplements in which the second ingredient is high frutcose corn syrup. A degree does not necessarily mean the word of truth. They are taught from who? Who comes out with these things? American Pediatric Association recommendations? Corrupt. Food and Drug Administration? A joke. We really need to focus on where we are getting our information from and more to the point...what is IN IT for the people we are getting it from?

It seems as if most around me have lost their way of common sense, their critical thinking skills. No one wants to THINK anymore. Instead, they are told something and believe it without a second thought as to "how" or "why"?

Okay, okay. I'll shut up now!
  • I completely agree! And who says what's in our textbooks that we should learn? Big pharma and the govt.
  • Did you know that Christopher Columbus discovered America??? @bahamamama4828

Or how about that Trojan Horse?

Oooh ooh! And did you know that you are supposed to pull a boy's foreskin back to clean it? Why? Because the American Pediatric Association SAID SO! ;-)
  • Lol I lived in Germany and they did not teach that Christopher Columbus discovered America
  • Really?? @bahamamama4828.

I also wanted to tell everyone how much I appreciate us being civil. I don't start topics like this to cause drama in any way. I hope no one thinks that.
  • I have DONE a study MYSELF: (lol)

Participants - 9
    Vaxed - 3
    Non-Vaxed - 6

The vaxed group has had:

Allergies...seasonal, food and drug allergies (lots)
    Asthma
    Severe eczema
    ADHD
    ADD
    Chronic ear infections resulting in tubes in ears
    Chronic tonsillitis resulting in tonsillectomy
    Sleeping disorders
    Bed Wetting
    Chronic fever (one child got a fever and swollen glands at least once a month for over 12 years)
    Acid reflux
    Numerous childhood viral infections
    Heart condition
    Respiratory condition
    Pneumonia
    Common colds and flues
    Recurrent bladder infections

The non-vaxed group has had:

Several childhood viral infections
    Common colds

Now I'm not saying that ALL the medical problems from my vaxed kids were necessarily caused by the vaccines..but when you look at those two lists and realize the first list only had 3 children in it and the second list had 6 children it's pretty amazingly clear to me. And I swear I'm not exaggerating. My younger kids have only been to the doctor a handful of times.

• @wilsomom perfect!! Same here!! My vaxxed child exactly like yours with severe speech delay added still at 10 yrs old , my unvaxxed nothing but 2 colds between them!!
  • So now im scared that I got my baby vaccinated :/ dangit...now I have a pounding headache...and my soon to be born baby I dont know what to do :'(
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I get what you ladies are saying @bahamamama4828 and @wilsomom, but I guarantee that, ::looks at watch::, in about 2.3544 minutes, you will have five comments from others saying that their 9 month old vaccinated child has never been sick. Or that they were vaccinated and are perfectly healthy.

But just an observation from here and the FB groups, have you guys noticed that the majority of fever posts, HFMD, Strep throat, etc etc are from vaccinated children. I haven't really ever seen a post from you bahamamama or @ashley_smashley and many other non vax mamas with their kids having fevers, being in the hospital with RSV etc. Like I said, simply an observation. Not an attack on anyone's parenting.

My daughter has been sick three times as much as my son who stopped receiving vax at 6mo. In the first six mo he was sick 4 times. Since six months...nothing. Maybe there's something to it...maybe it's just a coinckydink.
  • That study (KIGGS) says there were no relevant differences found, but my questions is what exactly does "relevant" mean? I just skimmed through it though, I didn't read all the details...too long :)
  • edited October 2012
    The only thing I am for sure about in regards to vaccinations, in which my pediatrician addressed to me is that:
    1. Guardasil (HPV) vaccine is absolutely unnecessary. Cervical cancer is completely preventable and non-life threatening with regular and consistent pap smears. The vaccine has not been out long enough to conclude that it is safe. My daughter will not die of cervical cancer as she has more of a chance of being abducted on the way to school. For me, the risks outweigh the benefits.
    2. Flu shot. According to VAERS, more people die from the flu shot than they do the flu. So, I or my child get sick for a few days? Risks outweigh the benefits of the side effects (listed directly in the vaccination packet.)
    3. Hep B. My child under seven is at a very very VERRRYY low risk of contracting this disease. Even when contracted, it can be well controlled and non-life altering. The risks outweigh the benefits.
    4. Varicella. I am perfectly fine with my child contracting chicken pox.

I am still up in the air about MMR and the others.

Can I ask you ladies which vaccinations (if any) you are getting your child and why or why not? Anyone reading this. I won't be debating you or rebutting with links or studies, I promise. I'd just like to see what others are doing and why. That I might learn something differently or new!
  • My non-vaxed do get sick...but it's only common childhood viruses or a cold...like my whole family just went through a stomach bug. The big difference to me is they've never had the more serious complications like the allergies, ADHD, asthma, eczema, etc.
  • I was in the locker room at the YMCA the other day and a small group of teen girls were discussing the guardasil vaccine. They actually thought that it was a vaccine to protect against cervical cancer itself. They didn't realize that it was for HPV, a sexually transmitted disease. Not to mention it only protects from a few strains of the HPV. One of the girls said her mom wouldn't let her get it and one girl said she didn't want to get it. The others were trying to convince them that they NEEDED it so they wouldn't die of cancer some day. I felt bad that they were so misinformed and uneducated about it. I should have said something but I didn't.

I don't give my children any vaccines anymore because of the risks, the ingredients and my own personal experience with the first 3 that I did vaccinate.
  • @captivated....my 13 month old has had all the vaccinations except the flu, because im allergic to eggs & we just found out that he wasnt (we were scared to give them to him hehe) now that we know though I really don't think ill ever get him it...just because but now this discussion makes me feel like a bad mother or scared/worried that I got him all his vaccinations...thankfully though he hasn't been sick! Thankful for that after reading some of these comments about the vaccinated children
  • Oliver has only been sick 2 times this first year. Nothing serious, just viral. He was hospitalized but its because the Dr were bullying us bc he wasn't vaccinated.

I wish more people were open to just doing their own research and coming to their own conclusions..but so many just blindly follow what they are told. I have total respect for those who do their own research {from sites OTHER than CDC} no matter what choice they make!
  • @captivated wow! I learned more than what i alreadt knew it took me forever though lol @bahamamama48 thanks!

@blessedtxmom i got harrased by my pediatrician and by my obgyn as well i switched pediatrician nd my ob has learned to deal with it. I heard from an er doctor as well, "you can't believe everything on google" i didnt even use google. Smh =/
  • You would be astonished at how many doctors google when treating their patients...@salasmommy.
  • Hey since were talking about shots, what are people's opinion on the flu shot? I vax and did the flu shot last year, I'm considering not doing the flu shot this year...but I don't know enough about it.
  • What diseases are they talking about @rileyandme ? Bc a lot of diseases are easily curable homeopathiclly, and to me are not worth the risk of chemical injection.
  • @natashalynn I think the flu shot is rather pointless (I also vaccinate, so I'm all for things that work). As someone else mentioned, the flu virus mutates and changes so rapidly that oftentimes the strain that the shot "protects" from is nowhere near the strain you'll end up getting.
  • @RileyAndMe; could you please send me the link for that study? How old is it? Who funded the study and what was the original intent of the study. This is what I'm looking for. = 0)
  • edited October 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.