ARE YOU SERIOUS (just my opinion)

Comments

• That makes sense
    There are a lot of drugs that shouldnt be prescribed but they are. Chantix to quit smoking is one of these
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Quitting smoking (cigarettes) was the easiest thing I've ever done and I've smoked for 15 years.
  • I give up. Ur stupid if u smoke anything while pregnant. Ur poor children. I feel for them.
  • @Almost4, you totally brought out your bong name....lol
  • SMOKING POT WHILE PREGNANT IS JUST RIDICULOUS....YOU CAN'T GIVE SOMETHING UP FOR 9 MONTHS?? REALLY????? PLAIN SELFISH.
  • Hey everyone check out Dr. melanie dreher on google. She did a real study/experiment on women who smoked marajuana while pregnant. It provides actual proof and documentation of many real people with no biased view or assumptions. :)
  • @keylanieq thanks for sharing that link for everyone who said they have never found a site that showed any harm to baby.... I don't hat eppl that do it, I just as well wish ppl would think of their baby growing inside of them :(
    Again ppl the link she posted is this. http://www.thinkpregnancy.org/english/marijuana.htm
    Mind u a website that is .org is a legit website, not a site that just anyone can make like the .coms
  • Thanks @Laurenmarie7291 and @heatherstar11, I think everyones done a pretty good job keeping this discussion in check. SEEEEE we can all be adults! Lol! ;-)
  • Yes but it provided no scientific studies to back up the claims, nor any references to any actual evidence.
  • There's no need for name calling the post will get shut down remember?
  • I'm not for or against smoking or drinking. Cause I smoke ciggarettes and I drink on special occassions but I don't do it while I'm pregnant nor do I do it around my children at all. My children come first. I don't care that you smoke pot cause that's YOUR choice but its not your CHILDS choice. Like I said I'm not here to judge cause I have been there and done that and my mom is also a pot smoker but I would never do it and risk the health or well being of my children. I would never think about doing any drugs again now that I have my kids. God has given us very special gifts and I would never do anything to harm that. And I look at those that are trying so hard to have babies of their own and can't. Ppl who do things like this or have abortions is a smack in the face to those poor ppl. They would give anything for a baby. Think about what God has given us.
  • Wow someone just had to post something on this subject. You are just itching for drama. You can apologize all you want but you know there will be people that you offend. I personally do not smile weed or ever have but I don't see how this ben bothers you. If a complete stranger wants to smoke marijuana and risk their baby's health or it may not even be any risk at all (just saying) WHY ARE YOU WORRIED ABOUT IT. Sorry there's only one president to run everyone's lives and his term still has a few years. Get in line if you'd like. There's no reason for you to make this a new thread. Everyone has their own opinion. Mind your own business and do what you think is healthy for your pregnancy.
  • My opinion is: I believe that you can give up something for 9 months to protect that special baby growing inside you. Everyone has their own opinions and they are gonna do what they believe is right. This is just what I believe is right.
  • Those r scientific studies, again its a .org....
    Just because it doesn't say "oh we followed so and so for their entire pregnancy to see the harms of smoking pot" doesn't mean there is no evidence.. best wishes that everyones babies come out healthy and grow up without learning disabilities. Amen.
  • LOVE YOUR STATEMENT MOMOF5;)
  • And my opinion is some kids are not given a fair chance at a healthy childhood. Not even just pot users but ppl who do other drugs, smoke, or drink during pregnancy. My friend got preg and the father was a hardcore drug user.... her son has a horrible attitude, literally worse than bipolar... and she's a great mom... and the docs can't figure anything out other than it being from the drugs the father did were carried in the sperm when she got pregnant.
  • Some of you are so ignorant. It scares me that some of you are pregnant..its funny how you say drs should be held accountable. Obviously they know a little something. Stop acting like you are hot stuff and soo smart when your reefer madness facts were all proven wrong years ago. And your kids will ne learning the truth in school. In scienve. In history. In health. You can't lie to kids forever.
  • edited March 2011
    @heatherstarr11 Actually, be careful about the .org. (http://www.pir.org/home) As long as it is an organization, it can register for a .org. "Because .ORG provides the address online to inspire collaboration, educate communities, and express opinions." The best thing to look for is .edu or .gov, and the best resource for any information is the FDA or another reputable health website. Even then, you still want to investigate medical publications and research statistics. I am neither disagreeing or agreeing with you, but I wanted to make sure you were fully informed, because sometimes .org websites can provide harmful information, especially since they can express opinions without facts. (I am not saying this is or is not the case for the previously mentioned website you have mentioned, merely being overall generalized.)
  • Thanks for the info but I still agree with the info she found :)
  • I had a Dr. Look at me once and laugh when I told him I smoked weed before. He said if you consider that a drug in this day and age. I'm not smoking it now. But don't think its right to judge others.
  • You can Google anything and find an opinion that you agree with. I knew someone on Facebook that decided that she wanted to get drunk for the Superbowl so she Googled "drinking while pregnant" all day until she found someone saying it was ok. And she got drunk.....SAD!
  • Look up cytotec, please, for your safety. That is what I was talking about regarding holding drs accountable. It has a big label with a pregnant lady and a red circle and line through it!! Fda has specifically said it is VERY dangerous for pregnant women. Many Ppl have died from it, yet drs continue to use it for labor induction nationwide. Nothing to do with marijuana, I just thought it should be brought up because it just makes me scared for all women who think their Dr always know best
  • @heatherstarr11 As I said, I am neither agreeing or disagreeing with the information provided with the website a previous poster mentioned. :) Just providing a little extra information about domain names and how/why they are registered for future reference. Information on the internet can be a tricky thing, and sometimes people are unsure where to begin, so a little guidance can be helpful. The Nursing student in me nerds out over researching medical issues. :D
  • Smoking weed is harmless, its not addictin at all .my mom smoked throughout her pregnancy and I am perfectly healthy.I started smoking when I was twelve and have never had any"stupid" actions. I se nothing wrong with smoking pregnant or not
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ghettobetty i always look forward to what you have to say: )
  • @sara102011 just sayin..... LOL
  • @heatherstarr11 it is a drug that is approved for ulcers, but because it is inexpensive and has the ability to make a pregnant woman dilate VERY quickly, it is routinely used to induce labor, even though that super quick dilution can cause severe uttering rupture and internal hemorrhage, killing both mother and baby. There has been a lot of controversy over its use because even though the fda specifically says it is extremely dangerous for pregnant women, drs continue to use it. Google it if u want more info. Very scary that drs can knowingly put u and your baby at high risk for the "convenience" of a quick labor.
This discussion has been closed.