not sure if this makes me a bad mommy to be

Comments

• ok... ill google it... dont wanna mess it up...
  • My daughter is mixed n has beautiful curly hair, not the kinky stuff. Her sisters same dad different moms mostly have good hair but a couple don't. I use oink lotion for my daughter n it works great, it also helps that I can braid, her sisters need grease n I keep theirs braided because their moms don't do n e thing to it n their hair is always dry. C if u can learn to braid somewhere. It helps their hair grow n also is really cute.
  • @bribri will do... thanks for the tips..
  • My moms italian and irish and then my dad is black and so I'm mixed like your daughter will be and my hair, my sis, and my daughter who is black white peurtorican and mexican all have in betwwen hair. Prety curls that are not too thick and hard and always get compliments by both races on how pretty so chances are her hair will be in between
  • My best friend is black and she puts some lotion like stuff on her hair all the time and only washes like once a week. I asked het about it and she said "your thin, stringy hair makes oil; my kinky, sexy hair takes it away. Washing over dries it and the lotion keeps it moisturized." Lol... I love her! So if she has "black" hair then maybe you will actually have less work with not having to always shampoo :)
  • Hot oil treatments are basically tube with conditioning oils nd minerals. U soak the tube for at least 5mins in hot almost boiling water to activate the contents. Its basically a deep conditioner. @jalem
  • Exactly @maranda3. Too much shampoo can actually strip our hair of natural oils and damages it like crazy. I wash mine every 8days. One of my besties is puerto rican n actually steals my shampoo. I use the Pantene relaxed and natural. @jalem that might actually work also. It comes in a brown bottle
  • @mismommy28 thanks that makes me feel like i have hope of doing something good...

@maranda3 so less shampoo more condition...

@firstmama oh ok... that sounds easier...
  • I'm white and have thick curly hair and can't wash everyday or it gets super dry!
  • I have "black" hair if thats what you want to call it. I was a little offended at first until I continued to read. My mom is mixed with stringy hair,but she grew up around black people. I am the only one of my siblings with "black" hair. Good points to know is to grease the scalp, hair moisturizer, rubber bands are handy but they do tend to pull hair out or make it break off at times. In its natural state it is usually curly or wavy. You will need detangeler to cut back on pain and tears. T- tree oil, carrot oil, olive oil, and coconut oil products are great and promote hair growth and anti-breakage. Wide tooth comb and goody brand brush to avoid fly aways.
  • @monica I am sorry u were offended by it.. I realized later that I should've worded it better but I was having a panic attack and needed it out quickly... and I call it black hair because my Bf calls it that... and he is black...
  • Its cool I read the rest and realize you were just lost when it comes to thick, kinky, or nappy hair. I understand cause my mom thought that she can do the same things with my hair that she does with hers. Takes time to find the products that work best for you, because everyones hair is different. There is a product my sister buys that is called mixed chicks leave in conditioner, and all of the miss jessies products. But to steep for my wallet. Works great. You can look at product reviews on youtube also, its very helpful.
  • @ghettobetty lol same here..if I dnt put her hair up at night it gets super super tangled and very knotted up by morning lol
  • You could Google lots of stuff now a days. Just do some "research" and you'll find lots of ways to maintain it. You'll be fine.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @jalem bless ya :-)
  • Ok well my bf is half black n he told me that u have to condition it real good and clean and keep it greased and there should b no problem...lol
  • @roxanne blessings accepted!!! lolz
    @makeup_artist_mommy i messaged my bf not to long ago because i was panicing so badly that i started to cry and he said dont worry baby our baby will be blessed with your beautiful hair and everything you but if it does happen that she has my hair ill help you with it... how cute...
  • Awww that's cute yea my bd tells me the same thing cause I'm mexican so I have no problem with my hair lol but he half black and salvi so he has the black hair which I dnt wanna deal with either lol but he said it will b fine we just got to keep up with it and brush it lol
  • @makeup_artist_mommy at least if your baby's hair turns out bad you can distract people with beautiful makeup.. lolz\
  • Lol yea that's true too lol
  • I'm black& puerto rican I have curly long hair my daughters dad all black they both have my hair don't worry about that a healthy baby is more important then the hair god never gives u more then u can handle good luck
  • @lovec well i hope so...
  • @ghettobetty: that's because most hairstylists who do black hair have been trained to think a certain about how to do it. So she can Google and will find what u say to be true. But taken from someone who went natural two years ago and grew up combing her hair root to tip not realizing it was damaging it. When u go root to tip you are combing knots out ofbthe root first, increasing the length of hair that will come out....versus when u comb tip to root you are working your way more efficiently through the knots. There is alot of controversy regarding how to do natural hair so u can't just Google for info. Google is not a professional, simply a tool to help you gather information from different people. You combine knowledge, trial and error, talking to ppl, and trying a ton of diff products lol. Furthermore, we have to remember that all"black hair" is not the same....there r variations within just like with any other race.
    @Jamel lol u r learning so much about curly/kinky hair lol watch u have a girl with hair like your own hahahaha either way you will do fine. Afterall, hair is just hair and if it does break off it always grows back! :) I can testify to that lol. I cut all my hair off in nov 2009 due to damage and now its a HUGE Afro! And I luv it!

One luv.....
  • @Jamel if u haven't seen it already, you should watch Chris rock's documentary "Good Hair" to gain more insight on how most African Americans (not all)have been taught about hair.
  • @hopingwishingpraying & @ghettobetty i believe you both meant the same thing... lolz but ill go ahead and look it up just incase.. lolz

P.s. and i believe you meant jalem... lolz
  • Basically @Jalem LOL!!! Hahah sorry girl! And yes, we r both trying to help and coming from two diff places and expriences. In the end u gotta do what's best for you and your situation! Peace.....
  • Basically @Jalem LOL!!! Hahah sorry girl! And yes, we r both trying to help and coming from two diff places and expriences. In the end u gotta do what's best for you and your situation! Peace.....