Immigrants

Ok. So the governor rather have ex cons working than immigrants. Then when the cons get to work,they quit the same day. Immigrants will do the jobs that most Americans will not do. Why get rid of them? You can't help where you're born from? This iS ridiculous. Immigrants were the ones who discovered this place. 11,000 farm jobs are open,including kitchen,carpentry, construction are left open and they can't fill it.why not since I hear that they supposedly"take Americans jobs" I don't see those positions being filled by Americans.

Comments

• It's really making me angry.
  • If they legal agree if not then what about the ppl that live here legally that need jobs and willing to work sorry jmo but not saying they shouldn't work even if illegal everybody deserves an opportunity but a lot of time employers use immigrants n they have to take what they can get b/c they are immigrants n the ppl who dnt have to stand for it don't n get shut out...n I'm sorry but where I'm from immigrants do not have a problem getting jobs Americans do...
  • Legal immigrants or what? Cuz if not, Americans should get the job FIRST.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The jobs are open now. But they can't find people to fill it. Why? If they keep complaining.why aren't they being filled now? i think immigrants will do whatever it takes to provide for their families and most Americans will add stuff to it.like the cons were not working,talking on phones,doing everything else but doing their job.but the immigrants hauled ass doing the job.
  • @mshahir I never saw the last debate about it. It must have been before I joined pregly.
  • I am not going to comment this subject it is to touchy!!
  • Look. Can we please try to keep this from getting ugly? This is a sensitive topic and folks have some very strong opinions on all sides. There are so many groups of people who need work right now, regardless of their nationality or if they did time. I only pray that those in power have the good sense to provide opportunities to all who seek to advance themselves and improve their lot in life.
  • Before this gets out of hand I am going to say this once & only once (because I am the one who had to sort out the major issues this topic caused a few months ago) that:

DO NOT FIGHT, JUDGE NOR BASH ANYONE OVER THEIR VIEWS!!
    Don't make racist comments, don't force your views & don't call names.

Thank you.

Mrs Del Rae, Pregly Support
  • I agree @blueberrysmom it just really upsets me that all they focus on is getting rid of Hispanics.
  • @MrsDelRae I wasnt apart of pregly the last time it was discussed.
  • I seriously believe that they should give immigrants a break, They come to this country for the sake of their family, yeah some of them do crimes like people from every other country or usa state (no ones perfect), I my self am an immigrant since i was born in another country but i do not support illegal immigrants who decide to go above the law, yeah is wrong the way they are treated , but is wrong to be here with out the right papers .. But oh well.. each government has the choice on how they rule their own place.. so yeah
  • @Janet_2011 my bf said its not that easy. And I had learned that they don't have many slots for Hispanics.they have a lot of slots for other nationalities,but not Hispanics. And yep,they do crimes just like other people around the world do.
  • @mshahir I can accept strong opinions/views.I would really like to understand it.
  • This is gna get ugly, :/ no comment...
  • I'm just gonna say the company my fiance works for n like many others in my area hire people who have Hispanic names more then white names. He has been there 10 years. They want Hispanics because most don't file taxes so after so after 3 years of not filing taxes they fire them. Also the Spanish population here does not stand up for their union rights which the company loves of course.
    So instead of Annie getting the job Maria does.... I find it wrong. Its not that Americans don't want to work the jobs its that big companies rather have immigrants do the work so they can fire them not pay them well and basically abuse/use them without getting in trouble. There is a much deeper side to this subject that many people don't know or see.
  • Why not @mshahir I would certainly like to read them.i will NOT have anything against you or anyone that voices there opinions.
  • @excitedforbaby i just wanted to give my opinions but i dont like drama, and last time i answered to a post like this it got crazy.. people just dont know how to handle them selves the right way.. but i know how you feel, i have some friends that go through hell just because they are not legal.. but life isnt fair and we just have to deal with it. and buh bye o.o subjects like this get out of hand
  • Oh I see @ghettobetty I guess they take it because they really want to provide.
  • @Janet_2011 I'm honestly not looking for drama.I don't like it either.
  • I REMEMBER THE LAST POST LIKE THIS HOPE THIS ONE DOESN'T GET OUT OF HAND....I KNOW I LOOK HISPANIC BUT I'M AFRICAN AMERICAN AND I DON'T SEE WHAT THE BIG DEAL IS ABOUT IMMIGRANTS IF THEY COME HERE TO MAKE A BETTER LIFE ,,,,LET EM. I HATE THAT THEY R SO LOOKED OVER THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE IF THEY COME HERE AND DO CRIMES BUT MOST IMMIGRANTS ESPECIALLY IN MEXICAN INFLUENCED TEXAS R JUST TRYING TO MAKE A WAY LIKE ALL OF US
  • Please ladies. This topic is very touchy. Handle with care. I REALLY don't wanna lose @mshahir again!
  • edited June 2011
    Um no they take it n send money back to their country and Americans can't get hired because they have the wrong names and are American not because they don't want to provide.
  • I agree @preggointx that's what I'm saying.but people that are legal here.do crime after crime. Immigrants are just trying to provide and survive.