My heart is so broken. UPDATE 4*

My boyfriend and I been dating for almost 4 years. He was my first and I was his. We were so in love and dreamt of having a house together and a baby. He was my best friend and my boyfriend. We were the perfect couple that people dream about. Now that we have our baby and our house everything is took a turn downhill. He don't care about the baby. When he makes her bottles he NEVER checks the temperature and when i check he gets mad.. specially when i check AND i say its too hot. (which i ALWAYS check and its mostly ALWAYS too hot or scalding.) He don't feed her a bottle or table food.. he won't feed her unless he's eating and he makes sure HE has the last bite and won't get another one for her, He absolutely won't change her diaper, the only thing he did a few times was wash her face and hands, he never gave her a bath and when he "plays" with her he picks her up and makes he flip in the air and gives me a heartattack. He's never given her a bath or done anything a father would do. He don't even tell her he loves her. I always find dangerous sprays and things in her carseat and I yell at him to stop putting things in there but yesterday took the cake if i wouldn't of checked before I put her inside her carseat she would've been all blood. I found TWO BOX CUTTER RAZORS AND ONE BOX CUTTER on the seat of her car seat!!!!! And when i yelled at him he didn't care and said "I knew you would check so it don't matter." Then i said "What if I didn't check??!?" He said, "You would've." Then got mad at me!!!!!!!! I'm very religious and he always says spiteful things about that too. And were both the same religion. He don't care about me either, I found out he was texting some girl from work (that I'm friends with too.) And hiding it behind my back even though I told him its okay to talk to her, but I got mad that he was hiding it so i told him and he said he's "so sorry and he wouldn't do it again." Today i found out he's doing it again!! If i let him text her then WHY is he still hiding it unless something is going on?!?! She's married herself and has two kids but he tells me she's unhappy. I'm so hurt by him. He's completely changed he's ignoring me, calling me ugly, completely emotionally abusing me. I cry and he argues with me. I try and try to keep this relationship alive but he don't want it even when we talk I'm the only one talking he won't say a word and when he does its always an "i don't know." I love him with all my heart but i can't be with him anymore. I cook, I clean, I'm a great mom, I don't cheat. I'd do anything for him. I don't know what else he can want from a woman. I want to leave so bad but I have no money and no job and I have so much things I'd need to take with me like the tv and all the appliances and it won't all fit at my moms house. I'm just so confused but I know what's best for my daughter and I. That's to be away from him. Oh and he threatened me that he's going to take her away from me!!! When he don't even do anything for her! I'm so broken right now all I want is a happy family.

Comments

• :( My heart breaks for you too. This sound so much like my first marriage! It hurt so bad just wanting him to be a good father...or at least try. If it's not going to work out, now is the time before you have more kids. But..is he willing to do counseling or anything to work things out between you? I hate to see a broken home unless all other options have been tried. I'm so sorry you're hurting like this! (((hugs)))
  • I am so so so sorry that you are going through this, sometimes guys aren't as caring about the kids as we girls are, but he has taken it to the extreme. Maybe you guys should try counseling , he is the one that needs it but I have heard that it works great in couples. Try talking to him about it, I mean actually talking, try to not get frustrated or argue with him , just talk in a calm voice without fighting. Make sure to have this fixed before having more kids and you have to struggle with them all on your own.
  • He needs his ass kicked for being such an idiot! I'm sorry but u seem way too nice to be treated like this. Wth is he throwing stuff like that in the baby's car seat? Sounds kind of like he's drawn away from both u and baby. Sounds like he doesn't care much for either of u and u can feel ur pain just reading this. Sorry ur dealing with this. Can u just leave for a week or two with baby and see if that helps any? Wishing u all the best. I hope he gets his act together SOON.
  • edited March 2013
    @wilsomom i want to try counseling but he don't think anything is wrong and he don't care. Believe me i tried and tried to work things out but he's not even saying or doing a thing. How did you get away from your first husband? How did you deal? *hugs* i really need it :(

@Janet_2011 I try to ask him but he won't go. He's very stubborn and he don't think anything he's doing is wrong.
    Oh and i definitely won't have anymore kids with him. Its hard enough dealing with one from him he's just horrible. She's not even the problem. He is. The problem is that he's her father and i have to deal with him. :(

@mommyof3girls i did leave for a week i actually just got back yesterday and all of the arguing started yesterday :( he just won't stop! Its so frustrating and so terrible. :(
  • I'm sorry his putting you through this much pain no one deserves that. I hope you can try figure it out maybe make your moving plan get it organized and the things you don't have room for sell it that will get you money for gas. You need to get things organized with court to get your child support and he could never take her mother's always get most time unless there are drug or alcohol problems which I'm sure you don't have. If you think there's hope tell him u either go to get help bc this can't go on with lo around if he refuses then that tells you all you need to know.
  • @Jules i don't even have a car. I have nothing besides him and the baby and the appliances lol but i don't want to leave him i love him so much. oh no i wouldn't EVER do drugs, sometimes i smoke a cigarette if I'm really stressed i know its not good but with my life right now it calms me down and makes me forget a little about the trouble. I wish he was how we used to be. Today he walked out without giving us kisses when he left for work and I'm just torn right now. I'm such a good person i don't know why this is happening. Gosh I'm so heart broken :'(
  • Thank you everyone for your replies i really don't have anyone to talk to besides my family. And i can't even call them because i have no mins left on my phone :( ugh i hate that he's doing this to me :'(
  • It sounds like he's totally checked out. I think leaving for a longer amount of time is your only option. Only time will tell, and it's not gonna change with you there because he doesn't respect you. I remember @ynvtish telling how she left with very little money or anything. Maybe she can help you.
  • edited March 2013
    Well I stayed with my parents for about 3 months. During that time I signed up for help with housing, food stamps & medical. I found an apartment close by that took the housing assistance. During those 3 months I started getting furniture & things I needed cheap at garage sales, although I didn't need much because I kept most of our stuff in storage because he moved out of state with his grandparents. I started going to church again & got lots of support there through small groups & counseling & lots of prayer & crying!! I finally moved into the apartment & started my new life. Now during the 3 months at my parents I had our 3rd child so I was a single mom to 3 kids age 3 & under! I had also decided that when I left, that was it, no turning back. Anyways, after several months, I was going to have to get a job because staying on the gov't assistance with no income was only allowed for so long. I was really devastated, not because I was lazy or didn't want to work, but I couldn't imagine putting my babies in daycare or having a babysitter raise them instead of me. I prayed & prayed for God to make a way & during the last week I had left, my ex started paying child support! It was enough income that I could still stay on medicaid, food stamps & housing. I did computer work on the side for people for extra money here & there. I bought a used push lawn mower & mowed lawns for about 3 people a week for extra money too. I made it a priority to stay with my kids & after I got over the initial pain & depression of the divorce it was wonderful!! We had a great time. I don't know your situation & if any of that would work for you, but I do know you will make it through. It won't be easy & it will hurt, but remember you & your little one are worth it. Look at her little face everyday & it will help you carry on! Sorry this was so long!! If you ever want to talk you can message me.
  • @starrxoxo9 what does checked out mean? It definitely clear that he don't respect me or my family. He hates them. Hopefully she (ynvtish) can help me. Thank you.!
  • edited March 2013
    Thank you @wilsomom! Your really such an inspiration to me. Its so hard pulling myself away from him when i want him so bad. I think I'm going to do what you did. Stay at my parents and apply for government assistance because i can't do it without it. i also want to start taking bartending classes but i can't start until i turn 21 in Aug. I know my and my daughter's future is better i just need to get out of this dark hole we're in right now. I really want to give him another chance but i know its just going to happen again. This is really so hard, because something in me still thinks that we can be a happy family but something else tells me to move on.
  • Sorry you're going through this but he sounds like a douche bag! My husband's father is like that and my husband no longer talks to him or his mom. Growing up was so hard for my husband. His father always needed to come first! He needed to eat first and have the last bite! Kids always came second for everything with that man!

He no longer talks to his mother because she allowed it. His mother is now begging for his forgiveness and begging for a relationship with us that I think she might never get back all because she was to scared to stand up to her shity husband. Act now before it's to late!
  • I know how the back & forth tug at your heart can be so confusing. You have to make up your mind in your head, then promise yourself to stick with it...no matter how much your feelings want you to turn back. You can do it! :)
  • Sorry you are going through this :( you seem like such a good girl and very caring mom, some men don't know how to appreciate a good woman. I know its so heartbreaking to admit that your relationship is over but when someone doesn't even put his own daughters well being first that's a very bad sign. Maybe you can put your things in storage for a while so u can stay at your moms? Not sure if someone already suggested that. It might be very hard at first but just think of your daughter, if someone didn't put my babies happiness and safety first I would want to be far away. He's probably just young and immature and I'm sure that he loves his daughter to death but he needs to prove it.
  • @mommylovessparkle don't put up with that. And don't let your situation overwhelm you. There is a lot of help out there for you. My mom left too. She only took a bag of clothes and her two kids (my brother and i). She gave up everything just to get away. We struggled like you have no idea, but if you see her now you'd be amazed at everything she has accomplished on her own. My mom was a young mexican mother with no high school diploma and no idea of how to speak English, let alone understand it.

If my mom made it... you definitely can too.
  • Checked out basically means he's either over it or he's got something else going on. He's there but he's not really being with you.
  • I understand how you feel about him but if his not into it anymore you can't force it its just making you Miserable . I think you need to they figure out how to stand on your own two feet your child needs you to . you can have someone help you move a friend or family into your mom's then get help finding job even if it's something simple down the street. then you can save up money buy cheap car off someone then get better job so school look for your own place it can all happen just talked time.
  • You can do anything you set your mind to! Women and mothers do it every day! Good luck! You can do it :)
  • Wow im so sorry girl. I just started getting assistance myself, and I justttt found a part time job. Im living with my parents also and have no car. You can apply for TANF (temporary assistance for needy families) and theres an option where they can give you up to $1000 to get you started while you job search and stuff. I didnt get that, but anyway, everything they give you has to get paid back by the dad (at least in tx). After that, they give you a monthly amount until child support kicks in. Everything helps, though. They set me up with this job assistance program where they help you get the schooling you need, and if you need money for work clothes, they help, if you need gas money or a bus pass, they provide that, if you need daycare, they provide that also.
    So you can do it, its not impossible!
    You sound like a great girl, and hes a total loser for not realizing what he has!!!!
  • edited April 2013
    @MommyLovesSparkle .. okay I'll probably get yelled at for this post but ... You have to let go and let him be a dad. Good parenting is learned and he needs to learn but he can't do that if your constantly over him checking and telling him. I know the mother in you is concerned but you better let him learn cause when you leave him youre gonna want to feel comfy knowing your child is going to be at least 1/2 taken care of.

You're job is to teach him without letting him know that's what you're doing. It's okay that the only time he feeds is when he eats... Now plan for it. Make his ways work for you. Force that feeding time onto him and allow them to bond and hell want to do more.

Regarding you moving... Start putting money away in a secret spot in the house. 30 to 40 every 2 to 4 weeks. See if someone you know will let you store your stuff in their garage. If all else fails... Leave that shit and get the hell out. Your not an emotional punching bag and TVs and appliances can be replaced.
  • @ynvtish, awesome advice!
  • edited April 2013
    Thank you everyone for replying. I haven't been on because my phone wasn't paid until now.

@monkey_girl I'm so sorry for your husband. I need to put a stop to this before st happens to me.

@wilsomom thank you. Its going to be hard but it needs to be done.

@excitedforoctober I'm pretty sure that's what I'll do. My parents have a air garage but its filled already, they will make room but if all else fails ill get a storage.

@perly wow, your mom sounds amazing. I know i can do it i just don't know how to deal emotionally. There's a lot of ways i can make money here in vegas i just need the strength to let him go.

@starrxoxo9 oh okay. I think your right. :'(
  • @Jules I'm in the process now , i just started saving money so hopefully it don't take long to save enough for a car and ably supplies.

@captivated thank you! I need that.

@missamerika thank you for all the information. I will look into that. :)

@ynvtish see i would let him but he don't want too. It's as if he don't want to be a dad. I keep asking him to like change her clothes or diaper but he tells me no or takes forever to do it and he's sloppy about it. So i do it. i know he needs to learn but he's not willing.
  • edited April 2013
    Yesterday he got mad at me because we needed to go get things at the store. He asked what we needed and i said some food items along with shoes for the baby and bread he said i couldn't get her shoes or bread.. because she has shoes (they're way too small don't even fit her) and no bread because we only eat half a loaf them it expires.. ugh. I hate him he's so heartless! He don't care about us.
  • I wouldn't listen to him if the child needs shoes then get shoes doesn't need to be anything fancy but they need to fit I know my sister said that many time parents have shoes that are too small and since their little one can't say anything or doesn't understand they get issues with their toe nails and have to come see her. And as far as the bread I mean things happen what are u suppossed to go without any bread at all that seems stupid they have bread on sale all the time for couple bucks. I'm sorry his being rude and just doesn't care hopefully things can get better for u soon.
  • edited April 2013
    @Jules oh I'm definitely not listening to him. I'm going to make sure she has shoes that fit properly and bread to eat. He can suck it. My daughter will ALWAYS come first ANYTHING she needs ill make sure she has and so will my parents. My daughter has been having huge tummy trouble for the past 3 days and a bright yellow colored diaryah (sp?) And now i know why.. he warmed her milk (the two times he made her a bottle) In a DIRTY sauce pan!!! Because he was too lazy to wash it out!! I'm burning up mad at him.
  • You should start documenting his negligence. Maybe start texting him so that way you can use it in court down the line. I wouldn't want anyone like that around my daughter.
  • @monkey_girl i will he's a totally different person when he texts tho.. he's nice and caring about everyone.. ill get his true colors out tho.
  • I have been married for 16 years our son is almosh 18 months now. I seriously thought I was going to get a divorce with in a couple months after he was born. Some men take time to love their babies it isn't just instant like ir is for women. You had nine months to start bonding.

We had fights!!! Tell him to check the temp of the bottle but also tell him he shouldn't feel the drop of milk on his wrist. If he does it is to hot/cold. Men get jealous if they feel like you are taking away from them, at least until the baby becomes more important than you.lol. I took my husband 3-4 months before he could honestly say our baby was the most important thing in the world. We both understand who comes first now and we are both fine with it.

His life has been turned upside down he may not know how to deal with it. At our worst point my hubby told to put lo our bsby up for adoption. At that point I told him to load my car up so I could leave him. I started gathering things n before one item nade it outside he changed his turn and started to try to make things bettet
  • Does anyone know what a zip is.. i had a chance to see his texts and someone asked if what kind of "zip" he had.. like if he was selling something? But his messages to the person were deleted