Immigrants

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Its not that easy, @angieahrens they have to have a certain income to live here, there's all kinds of criteria they have to meet, sometimes the government makes it really hard to become a citizen.. :-S
  • edited June 2011
    Yup i believe it, my dads ex is from Veracruz, Mexico and she is banned from the US because on her way over someone stole her passport and used it. So now she can never come to the US. @angieahrens
  • My husband works in 110 degree weather on cars for $8 an hour so its not just that americans are lazy. His great grandma came here and busted her butt to get her citizenship and learn the language. She had no respect for people who went to ANY other country and refused to learn their ways. She always said to never forget or stop your own heritage and way of life, but always be open minded enough to understand others. I think as long as when immigrants come here they become citizens they're doing a very respectable thing.
  • @blissmarie23 they can stay permanent resident. Where i am from they have to give they ok for me to be dual so my kids can stay dual but if they are 18 and join the military and don't request that as well it automaticly will be terminated by my country
  • I think we are really lucky to be born here.our parents could have up and moved to a different country to have us,and guess what? We would be immigrants.
  • this discussion doesnt have to get ugly, im glad it was brought up. theres so many sides to immigrants be they legal or illegal. we all do not control where we were born and we shud all be grateful that we were born in the west. if we all think abt the people born in crappy countries where there is famine, war and corruption then maybe we will be able to emphatise on immigrants that just want what we all want and what we are all entitled to - a better way of life. lets not forget if it wasnt for the exploitation of the 3rd world we wouldnt have things so good in the west. thats my two cents on genuwine immigrants be they legal or illegal, as for the evil immigrants that do crimes etc they can go to hell..... :-)
  • I didn't read this whole thing, but I would just like to say, WE ARE ALL DESCENDANTS OF IMMIGRANTS(: I do however believe, if you plan to stay in the country you should become legal and pay taxes
  • @Creamyapple Americans who do crimes can go to hell also. Everybody that does crimes can go.

@mommyforever it can take years and you have to jump through hoops to become legal.hoops and hoops.
  • definately, murderers and ppl that do crimes etc can go to hell no matter where they were born
  • @gabschillin agree.its the governments fault. Everything iS the governments fault.
  • Ok, now I'm not totally sure about this, but from what I understand because we as the us do not have a national language noone has to learn english or spanish or any other language. If we were to nationalize a language and a secondary language then yeah telling someone to learn the language would be acceptable, but that is only cuz in most countries that we go to, unless they are a tourist hotspot we have to know at least enough of the language to eat and travel. I believe everyone has a right to be where they want, but I think they should do it legally.

On a side note, I have a friend in austraila who said that you can visit over there, but unless you are working in an in demand proffesion that you can't move over there. And it take a long time even if you do have an in demand proffesion to move over there. Oh and I guess if you have a criminal background you can't move over there either.. which I find ironic because austrailia was a darn prison state.. althought if there are any aussies on that can clarify this I would like to know..
  • @gabschillin well said, immigrants arent really the problem, its the corrupt government who then uses immigrants as scape goats to hide their agenda. the real problem is that we are all being exploited as human beings, by turning us against eachother we cannot fight against them. "united we stand, divided we fall" and thsts whats happening. insted of emphatising with one another we are made to fight against eachother. lets not forget immigrants are human beings regardless of where they were born. and the government dont make it easy for ppl to go to the west for a better way of life so some people become so desparate to get away they risk being illegal. and the goverment dont make it easy for them to become legal.
  • @gabchillin yeah I heard that our government is making the rich richer and the poor poorer and trying to get rid of the middle class... but then again I hate politics because it is a buncch of talking without follow through by most (not all) politicians
  • @kailkojenie other places are similar. I don't know which or if its all (hong kong/china etc) if you can't do a specific job that most people there can't, you can't move there either. And some rapper (thsnk you tmz lol) eas recently denied going into Canada for his own concert because of his ties to gangs.