Naming babies after drug relations

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mercedes is actually an old Italian name. Unfortunately now a car and way over used. I like the name though.
  • See that would annoy me... at least you can tweek you name just sad that you have to. @kerrideern
  • That study found that the more qualified person with a less traditional or ethnic sounding name was overlooked for the Johns and Pauls, even if his resume was less qualified. So Jamal and Keane weren't hired, but Michael and James were.

Hopefully the world our children grow up in will be less ignorant.
  • edited March 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @kerrideeRN I love the name kiara and I also love Irish names! To bad my husband doesn't
  • I don't really know how to do Smileys cuz my phone always messes them up but I could click on the bee lol
  • I have a niece her name is Smiley Jo. And she is native american. I thnks that's a cute name for a baby.
  • @kerrideern I'm not hating on your name, I'm not making assumptions about it. I'm simply stating that it's not a John, Charlie, Paul, James, Jack, kind of name.
  • I worked with a guy named Peter Johnson head. Not a drug name but so odd. ???
  • Its nt a sterotype to say they wnt find a good job its jus life & tru sad to bcus ive been n offices were they wud litterally throw away apps w/o even lookin @ anthing but the name jus bcus it sound a certain way or wut it is they assume tht the person is a certain way bt we kno they knt help wat their parents named thm
  • My fiance has a very Indian name. He put out two identical resumes. One with his real name and one with the name "Thomas Hudson". Not only did Tom get more calls - we figured out why he was getting NO calls with his real name!
  • My husband ran a call (hes a firefighter) to a couple that named their daughter clam-a-dye-a..... Clamidia
  • Bex wats ur husbands real name
  • Its jus tru for most kases not all jus most thts y u hve to kareful wat u name ur kids bcus it kn juss effect thm in general
  • Im gonna name my little girl Simply Apple. And my boy will be Simply Orange. I've enjoyed both, so it only makes sense.... right?
  • I knew kids named sativa (girl) & king.

I'm a recruiter and yes it's true people judge you by your name, the way you look, your race, age, basically whatever they want. I understand wanting to be different but also take into account your childs future and how their name will affect them.
  • I know my hubbys name is pretty normal (roberto) but whenever he applys for jobs, sends out his resume, or introduces himself he says his name is robert in fact only family and myself call him by his true name.
  • My cousin is named Felix, but goes by Alex.
  • This isnt a drug related name...but true story my friends mom told me. She is a nurse in labor and delivery and she had a patient who named their new baby Syphallis....lol and when asked why she picked that name she said she saw it on a poster in her health clinic ...it was a poster for the STD syphillis....can you imagine being that poor kid in high school? Geeez what are people thinking?
  • True story.....in high school I had a classmate named...Name.....he said his mom didn't know what to name him so she named him.....Name
  • Orangejello, some girl just named her kid that where I live. I LOVE unique names, but come on seriously?! My daughters name is Kaydence and before she was born my mom wanted me to switch her name to Kaydiance which is a drug close to morphine, I truley thought about it cuz it was pretty, but I didn't lol
  • Oh gosh I've got a bunch... my cousin was on meth and named her baby aysen (pronounced ice-n) another cousin had twins named them indica and sativa... really goodfriend named his son maui leaf... we live on maui and leaf for the weed... ex named his daughter precious alizee and her moms name is chablis... my nephew is named Zion but I love that name... another messed up one Anna Krista... yep... she's a hippies and o love her but her name makes me laugh... friend named forest, parents were hippies... my bankers name is rainbow.. lolz