Naming babies after drug relations

Comments

• My mom let me pick one of my sisters' names... when I was 11. And she had names to suggest already. We settled on Zoe.

Also, Kiki-ma is a nickname my dad made up for my mom.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I just hope Frank Zappa made it up there. I think he named his boy Moon Unit or something. And David Bowie named his son Zoey. Zoey Bowie.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited March 2011
    OK so everyone name you baby names that look like white people names because the ignorance In this country will obviously never go away and make sure if you go with a different name its something like Dakota or London because those are accepted by white people! Seriously ignorance will only go away if we fight for it to instead all I hear is bend to what is socially acceptable so we can all fit a mold which is uniform. Being different well truly different is not allowed because you will be shunned from society. Change starts with us and our children. I'm not saying name your kids crazy names but seriously. We should not live or bow down what other people find acceptable!
    I apologize for the rant but I hate conforming!
  • Well that was racist.
  • I had an old roommate named Jacqueline Danielle after Jack Daniels. Her mom was asleep after labor and her dad named her. He was an alcoholic. Could you tell?
  • LOL 100% not racist.
  • @Jwigs sorry no joke! She was a new employee called her kaylee and got corrected pretty fast
  • And sorry you see it that way.... you obviously are not getting what I said.
  • I understand but the whole, "accepted by white people" was a little much. Its all good though, I don't wanna argue. ;;)
  • I just feel we still live in a white society that's all... I am white and love my haritage just can't stand being stereo typed and profiled and don't like seeing it done to others for any reason. I apologize if it offended you.
  • If we didn't live in a white society names like Jamal and Roberto would be more accepted.
  • No problem momma!
  • hey now :/ I still get funny looks wen I get a kall back on tbe app it reads Londyn Kasisy Anderson formal name bt wen they kall me back 4 my interview & I stand up they look shocked to see tht im bkack (evn tho im dominican) they stil see dsrk skin & the look is priceless
  • Thts kasidy
  • @supermom405 my fiance is from the Dominican republic
  • My ex's mom's name is Keila (key-la) after tequila, I kinda like it. But I think that's as far as I, personally, would go.
  • I agree that we shouldn't name our children based on what a future employer may think of the name. I think that your name should celebrate your culture and represent the strengths your parents wanted to instill in you from the moment you were born. It is a fact of life that people will judge you based on your name without having set eyes on you or taking the time to meet you. I think the best thing to do is to teach your child to have the personal strength not to let ignorance bring them down, and not to stoop to the level of those ignorant people. To simply be the best they can be.

Racism runs deeper than anyone really realizes. It will take many more generations to overcome the brainwashing of less obvious racism such as profiling. People do it all the time without really thinking about the fact that they're doing it, you know. And I don't think that racism will ever truly be eliminated. All we can do is work to make society as a whole healthier and hope that the ignorant become a true minority.

Back to names, however, there should be a line drawn by common sense. No one should have to be named after an STD. And, in my opinion, only dogs should be named after alcohol. And another opinion, I don't think that symbols should be pronounced like the kay-dash-lee person. But those last two are personal opinions.
  • Sorry to say but that was racist. U went and talked about it being acceptable to white people. Come on now grow up and realize the more u make things.come across as racist the more our society will still be a racist one. Teach ur children one important lesson love yourself and those around you no matter what
  • @jwigs you said that much better then me. I'm a hot head LOL

And yes the STD name kills me I also knew a baby named celebrity.....
  • @mommy2bfor4time sorry you can't see the true message and don't worry about me and my children they will be praised to be just as free thinking and open minded as I am.
  • Well not sure i was missing the true message it was clear to me. Be free thinking and open minded great but open ur mind a little more to see that this isn't a White or Black or Mexican society it is just OUR society and what we make of it.
  • You have you opinion I have mine....
  • If I have a girl her name is going to be Dakota, not because its can be accepted by white people, but cuz its a pretty name and I could give 2 cent wat people in society think.
  • Uh oh. Spagettios.
  • Stay on track ladies
  • Didn't try to post dat
  • That's great! My point is obviously not being understood. My children also have "acceptable" names not because I was trying but because I like them. I wish we lived in a society where race and names didn't matter we all live together as one but unfortunately we do not.
  • @ghettobetty I got ur point sweetie I guess my point is just that it is up to us as a society to change that