weed (this thread is being supervised by Mama_Kat, moderator)

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Good gravy people. If you don't approve, go away. Don't stand here belittling people for their choices. You know what that's called? Bullying. Which is a pretty crummy example for children to follow in my opinion...
  • @82mileyrae i know plenty of adults who work a 40 hour a week job and handle all their responsibilites jus fine and they smoke weed u wouldnt even be able to tell inless u knew them personally..jis sayin u shouldnt go judgein
  • My cousin died from a drug over dose so personal I dont think anyone should do drugs, but peegnant woman that choose to risk the unborns health by doing drugs is the worst crime I think you could do. I sorry if this makes ppl made but its my opinon.
  • Thanks @mama0811
    Some people haha and I wont accept hormones as an excuse for people being g just plain mean lol
  • Yeahh mine is too sara102011. People are posting opinions of things they don't even know about. I can't stand weed but my mom medically had to have it with me. She almost lost me because she couldn't keep anything down. She kept losing weight from being so sick. Her dr told her it was fine if she took a few hits before she ate to keep it down. She didn't get blazed like off that 70's show. If you honestly need it talk to your DOCTOR about it.
  • Okay, I apologize for the blatant sarcasm in my previous post. But...my opinion is the same. Just because you have never personally seen a baby have harmful effects from mommy smoking weed does NOT mean weed has no harmful effects on babies in the womb or long term. Why risk it? Isn't our job as mothers to protect our babies from anything that is potentially harmful to them? Why introduce something so obviously dangerous into your baby's body? That's my opinion, hopefully stated respectfully enough.
  • I feel like this convo is just like the pro-life vs pro-choice debate.
    No one is going to really change their views on it because of the rants of nameless, faceless people. Share opinions all you want, just know that this isn't a debate. No ones "side" is going to "win"
    ;)
  • Well said natashalynn. Its a never ending argument.
  • Haha what! I think I win! ;)
  • I understand how if you are uneducated about marijuana you can be really negative about this. But many people still have the reefer madness education and are lost. Please do research for the most recent studies then form opinions. Non biased studies.
  • Exactly @natashalynn some people need to learn to agree to disagree and no hard feelings.
  • edited March 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • No one wins and all the negativity causes mothers who do smoke stress with biased comments.
  • edited March 2011
    I personally dont think you should, bc just my personal experience from weed in college it causes problems with your depth perception which could result in a fall. We all know thats not good for the baby.

Like @mama_kat I asked my doctor, his response was "ppl bodies are different. Where mine might be able to handle a joint a day and have a healthy baby, you might have one joint a whole 9 months and have problems. Is it worth the chance?"

So thats what it boils down to, as long as you can handle the negative consequences that can possibly come along with it then do what you feel is best bc we all can handle the good side of things.
  • Just wait til its legal. Haha
  • Exactly. Everyone can be judged during their pregnancy. Whether it be for smoking, drinking, not taking prenatal vitamins, getting too stressed put which can hurt the baby. The list goes on and on. The question at the end is, who are you to judge!?
    There are lots of posts on here that I don't exactly agree with. But I recognize I'm not perfect, and that during pregnancy is when someone needs support the most, and judgement the least.
  • IMO, smoking weed, drinking alcohol, or doing any other recreational drugs while pregnant is selfish. Please think about the innocent child you have in your body before yourself...he/she shouldn't have to possibly have health issues because of your actions. This goes for any woman who is pregnant and I am saying this with respect, it is just my opinion on the matter
  • I am a fulltime college student pursuing a degree in forensic science, I also work 30 hours a week and have my own place. I deserve a blunt every here and there. But for my baby I would do anything, I'd give up the world. So don't go judging what a good parent is based on such stupidity. I mother who smokes weed cares just as much about their baby. I agree that liquor and cigarettes are legal and a lot more harmful to the body than weed .. but you can still catch a pregnant woman gettin served at a bar and sold a pack of cigarettes. Be realistic ladies
  • All for legalization and I don't even smoke it LOL
  • @sara102011 LOL.. brownies anyone?? :)
  • Ahaha. @ghettobetty I love your posts!!! :p
  • Ive smoked weed bfore my pregnancy, i used to like or still do but havent done it anymore bc i have a daughter and i dont want to give her that example...

My point of thinking is that when i used to get high my brain would work slower then normal and even if i wasnt smoking it but just by sitting next to my friends who did it i would feel high... Now i just imagine the baby all high inside lol
    I dont think the smoke goes inside the baby.. I think. But why do it? Why risk the baby to anything that can be bad for him? I know ppl who have smoke weed cigarretes and drink while pregnant, babys are ok but they get sick more often.

If it was ok everybody would be drinking and smoking while pregnant! Dr. dont approve bc of a reason! Im not bashing anyone, just trying to give you my advice :) dont risk it, theres no need ;)
  • ill take some @momma2be lol