Any one on food stamps??

Comments

• edited April 2011
    @mommy2be20 I only get $17.00/mo. too
    :/ not sure how they calculated that
  • The only thing I like about my fs is that on the fifteen th I kno I can restock my fridge and freezer as for junk food all I buy junkie is soda if we wants candy we pay cash for its meat and staples come first in my home
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Seriously people!!!! If the government didn't take SO many taxes out of our pay checks and medical bills weren't so outrageous! And Medical Coverage in the United states was better AND there were better JOBS! There would NOT be so many people who receive or even qualify for Government assistance. HELLO! there is a reason we qualify and NOT because were are lazy and don't want to work! Many of us do work BOTH parents work and still don't make enough to survive! Leave my money in my paycheck and I wont go to welfare looking for extra help..... They take enough taxes from me and my fiance to support another family of 5! ridiculous. Not to mention all the other taxes we pay! I don't feel bad one bit for getting food stamps and Medicare and NO ONE has the right to ASSUME anything! about anyone! receiving benefits! You don't know those people you see in the store you don't know their circumstances stop being so judgmental. And stop profiling everyone who receives benefits its wrong! ASSUMING only makes an ASS our of U and ME! OK I'm done.... sorry for the rant....
  • And I let myself buy some steak once every three month and I get wic which helps with me being a big milk drinker id easily spend 50ish a month on milk alone
  • You can spend your food stamps however you want! no one has to right to tell you what you can and can not buy. I used them to buy Pumpkins for my kids and our Ohio Governor thinks we should be allowed to buy them because we are not using them to eat. Excuse me I roast the pumpkins seeds after we care them and we eat.
  • If you disagree with someone elses topic or the comments posted on the topic just don't comment! It's simple. When some of you women say, "no offense" or "not trying to be mean" before or after your comment, we all know you are doing the exact opposite. We teach our children the saying "if you dnt have anything nice to say then dnt say it at all" so some of you need to practice what you preach. Some adults can be worse than kids. It's sad. I dnt receive foodstamps because my income exceeds the limit but I have gotten foodstamps in the past and I just recently reapplied because my hours have been cut in half due to my pregnancy. Oh, and whats wrong with buying steak with your f/s? It's food and you can buy whatever you want with YOUR f/s.
  • Yea we may all know someone (i know a lot of ppl that do) but don't say it on here making some women feel bad whom is not employed & receive help. However those women that can work & is totally able who refuse all I can do is hope they do better in life. Us being mad won't change the way they live or abuse the system. I honestly feel for the women who really need the help & can't get it because of crappy qualifications.
  • edited April 2011
    One last thing there are some lazy parents out there I know some but the way I look at it if they did not have food stamps the kids would be starving.... so all those you want to judge are YOU going to go around and feed all the child when they don't get food stamps any more?
  • edited April 2011
    I made $2000 a month at my old job I have three kids and I still got $560 food stamps and Medicald. Now I'm not working and I get $670 food stamps but with 3 teenage /preteen boys we almost never make it through the month.I'm happy I'm able to afford for my family to eat healthy organic food and lots of fruit and vegetables that otherwise they wouldn't get. I do agree that its a shame that people fill there carts with junk its sad regardless how people pay for it. In a perfect world
    ..Bad food would be taxed like crazy and expensive
    and organic nonprocessed food and fruits and veggies would be dirt cheap !
  • I understand but the comment I saw was about people filling up carts in the store and lazy look up you should see it.... :) @almost4
  • @ghettobetty exactly. you hit it right on the nail.
  • @may1mommatobe, I had to do the same thing before, and the lady kept saying the same thing, i told her, im not trying to say it was right. I did what I had to to provide for my family. Im paying it back so no big deal!
  • I feel bad too but I cant not save everyone! at least they have something. it's better then nothing at all.... It's very sad but very common...
  • me and my husband work, and we make good money, we qualify...so we get them. I dont care what anybody says. as long as my kids get fed, im doing my job. with the cost of rent, gas, utilities etc, we cant really survive without them. We dont live beyond our means, but should we suffer because we need a little help? I pay taxes too, sometimes i want to enjoy myself.......why should i have to scrape the bottom of the barrel? I hate the look i get sometimes when im at the grocery store......if your blessed enough to not need them...then keep thanking god, but it you do need them, then thank god they are there!!
  • @ghettobetty "FILLING UP CARTS WITH JUNK" and "SOMETIMES PURE LAZINESS SOMETIMES" the key words here are junk and sometimes. @everyone No one can tell you what to buy with your fs. Like I said before my family is very blessed and does not need assistance and are able to survive on one income. I have $100 a week for 4. I can say if I received $800 a month in fs my family would never eat processed foods which would be much healthier for the family. When your at the grocery and see anyone getting a bunch of junk for their children you just want to say do you know how many carrot sticks you could buy?!?! Kids have no idea what's good for them and what's not. Us adults do. Give your children a chance fs or not!
  • @prettiekitties31 lol i really just get sick of people being so judgmental of others not even know them.... Drives me crazy. It's something I've dealt with my whole life and now as an adult have zero tolerance for.
  • @almost4 I know how you feel. I see it first hand My sister is ghetto trash for real. She buys pop little Debbie snacks and hot pockets! It drives me insane. She does throw some good things in the cart. My point is if my sister who does work actually... But if she didn't get foodstamps I would have to watch my nieces and nephews starve or I would have to take care of them that's all 4 of them 5 including my sister. I know what they are eating is junk but at least their eating.... you cant go into all these homes and moniter gha bad spelling anyways you can not go into all these homes and watch what the parents are getting there are too many of them. all you can do is hope and pray the parents are buying food and not selling most of the stamps cause they do that too.
  • @second_time_mommy7 don't be so quick to ASSUME and stop Judging it's unbecoming and I have ZERO tolerance for it.
  • edited April 2011
    @second_time_mommy7 well since you dont qualify for foodstamps then this thread didnt apply to you. "Anyone on foodstamps?" is the name of the thread.
  • @ghettobetty I am not assuming I read your comment and it is what it is. You left out half of what she posted and repeated what you wanted, so unlike you I didn't assume anything I commented on EXACTLY what you said. And just curious do you honestly think I care what you have and do not have tolerance for?
  • I have no tolerance for judgmental assuming people.... If you don't agree with foodstamps or people on them or how people use them... then obviously this discussion is not for you and maybe you should start a I can't stand "some" people on food stamps thread its where you belong. @second_time_mommy7
This discussion has been closed.