Any one on food stamps??

Comments

• You are making assumptions right now! Show me where I ever said anything about not liking people on food stamps?!?! You can't! I was on assistance once I have nothing against it. My point was more toward people that should realize junk is not healthy for anyone. And agree or disagree but when I see someone with three kids and a cart full of redbull it pisses me off. Cause you know those kids aren't eating.
  • Cause you are assuming if they have redbull in their cart their kids are not eating.... I'm done with the conversation.... Really don't feel like going in circles anymore...
  • At ghettobetty, I agree with u 100% :)

I been working at my job for about four yrs. N always made good money. But since ive got pregnant im only getting 16 hrs n lost my position in the company, so I applied for wic n medical n got approved. I needed help so am I wrong? I used to work over 40 hr now that im working 16 hrs a week. Thats a huge difference. Ppl get help bc they need it ladies not bc were lazy or trying to get free money n service.
  • :'( stop it, ladies!!
  • @mrsthompson34 im so sorry to hear that... Hopefully things are looking up for you! look at the bright side less hours is more time with you babies! :)
  • Hi...i want to say that both my hubby and I work. Fulltime! We went through a rough patch several months back and had to get fs. However here.comes some judgement and where I think some people are getting "we eat steak every week"! Thats pure bs...if you get that much a month or even if you dont...learn to budget, do a menu, use coupons, and learn how to become self sufficient so that you can get off assistance and make room for others who need it. It is not meant for people to live on forever. I get fs for my family right now and I found a lot of these posts offensive. I love free money, steak once a week and so on. This is why some people are making "judgemental" comments. Not because they are looking down on people who get help, but brcause of the ignorrant comments people are making and the way it was all handeled. This discussion has been going on all day and its really quite silly. Ill wait patiently for the rude comments and.criticism to come my way as we all know it will...but my family receives gov assistance so I have the "right" to post on this discussion...
  • At ghettobetty yes more time with my hubby n more time to rest cuz my back is killing me lol. How r u n ur pregnancy going?
  • Ladies no one ever said anyone was wrong for getting assistance. Please stop twisting what was said. If you need it get it if not leave it for those that do.
  • pretty good :) not as sick anymore thats for sure get to find out the sex of the baby next week super excited! how about you? @mrsthompson34
  • Aww thas great, this is my first pregnancy no ms at all lol. Wen r u finding out the sex? Im doing a 4d scan on april 10th to find out the sex n its my one yr anniversary since me n my husband got married. Special day for us :) @ ghettobetty
  • edited April 2011
    @mrsthompson34 same exact situation with me, use to work 40 plus hours a week, now only work 15 to 20 a week because my manager thinks I shouldnt be working that much anymore because Im pregnant smh So I just recently went and applied for foodstamps and childcare since I cnt afford to pay outta pocket anymore. I use to make close to 700 every two weeks now my paychecks are only like 250 every two weeks.
  • @ghettobetty agree with you completely :)
  • edited April 2011
    @mrsthompson that's sweet. I don't know Thurs or Friday doc will call Monday :) this is my 3rd and last no miscarriages either.... I'm planning on 4d later around 30 weeks.
  • I see this is a big debate but I say if u can't afford to feed urself y bring a baby into the mix?? There's birth control some times free. And there are plenty of places that give free condoms. I was a single working teen parent for a long time and I worked hard some times 2 jobs so that I didn't have to go on welfare. I have little sympathy for people that r able to work and don't and live off of public assistance. I busted my ass and got a bunch of taxes taken out of my pay so that u can have steak every week while I ate ramen noodles. And then the government had the nerve to say I made to much money to get medicaid its bull shit!!
  • edited April 2011
    @almost4 I know that this is off topic, but I saw how much u love coupons...did u see the new show Extreme Couponing thats coming on TLC on wednesday? One lady only paid $6 for a $800 shopping trip!!
  • MMy case is rested lol
  • @ghettobetty lol conversation has been over right?
  • So people apply fir government assistance and are then upset with others who do qualify.... LOL don't bring babies in this world if you can't afford them even though I applied and got turned down...
  • @lovingmykids OMG I tried people say the darnedest things...
  • @ghettobetty lmbo...did she just critisize people needing assistance but then say she went and applied for medicaid? Lol
  • Okay I make it a point to stay away from these posts, but this time I'm not. I'm a full time, pregnant junior in college who worked my butt off to get where I am. My sister in law, And I quote "why work when the gov says I don't have to and they pay me for groceries I do nothing for." She WONT work, And talks down to me for working while in college. I don't have a problem with foodstamps. I have a problem with people like her who do not deserve them, and spend it ALL on her husbands red bull and slim Jim addiction. True story. And now I'm done ranting. I have wic, so its not like I look down on needing help, btw.
  • @rachdb its nobody fault you were a teen mom but yours....like you say birth control is free & the do give away condoms. so your pissy ass comment was irrelevant. POW! you just mad cause you don't qualify.
  • @rachdb everyone on fs isn't a teenager who accidentally got pregnant. Did you see all the comments from ppl who worked full time and now can't for whatever reason? Stop bn so judgemental. I don't understand y ppl r so upset about something that has absolutely nothing to do with them.
  • Smh and lol @ghettobetty the point went straight over ur head i'm not upset bc of that. W/e I had to pay for my medical expenses not the point!! I never wanted money from the government to feed myself or my child. The point is if u can't afford to feed urself or ur kids don't have them! Plenty of birth control opinions out there bc ur using my hard earned money!!!! That's y I'm upset!! ;)
  • @lovingmykids unless I twisted it yes
  • At lovingmykids awww doesnt it suck? Thas a big difference in ur check right? My checks r around that much too. Its so hard to pay bills n groceries now. Hope everything works out for u :)

@ ghettobetty, I meant ms as morning sickness cuz u said u were getting over ur sickness n starting to feel better lol but thas good ur feeling better. I hope u never have a miscarriage cuz thas a horrible thing to go thru. At the place im going to wen its the same pregnancy n wen u go back the second time u get 50 dollars off ur second package. Im going back @ 30 weeks also :) have a good nite lady
  • @mayprinceontheway omg you just made me laugh so hard lol agree 100%
  • @rachdb I get it just don't think I would of taken it as tatas you did. I work my fiance works we still qualify so use it but I never expect anyone to give me anything fir free I work for everything I have along with assistance or not. I also feel for the children in other situations and don't agree with judging that's all... I'm sorry I blew what you said a little out of proportion
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Some of these women are using their own hard earned money... they tax our check for this. so they deserve help no matter what you think. How dare you even make a comment like that you sound like a damn fool honestly.
This discussion has been closed.